Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What's in Your cd Player - Page 363
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 363 of 384 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3837
    EVH diehard ...
    Richie Sambora bootleg - 2014 Australia .
    Nice jamming . Good cross section of tunes , and very tasty guitar + vocals from the King of Swing .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    I still can't understand why a cartoon and crap Metallica video fooled the public about Winger. They are stellar players who write geat rock tunes, with the occasional song having a proggy edge.
    They were a guilty pleasure back in high school, but yeah, Reb Beach is a great player and Kip Winger has retained his voice after all these years. I might have to pick this album up. Based on the two songs you've posted, it's certainly better than most of the any of the other so called "rock" the crap bands of today are putting out...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    Past couple weeks have been full of 70s American punk rock and early proto punk. Have to write a paper on it for a class (Woo!!).

Ramones, Dictators, NY Dolls, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Dead Boys, etc have been on heavy rotation lately.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Past couple weeks have been full of 70s American punk rock and early proto punk. Have to write a paper on it for a class (Woo!!).

Ramones, Dictators, NY Dolls, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Dead Boys, etc have been on heavy rotation lately.
    I love the New York Dolls, man!
    Real punk with real attitude, and also a big 50's/60's "Girl Group" influence, on certain
    tracks.

I love this one, where Johnny takes over vocals...

Only a little tardy
    They were a huge influence on Punk Rock. The simple 3 chord rock structure, and the no fucks given attitude had a huge impact.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Giving Dave A Break
    The Winery Dogs live in Japan, being streamed here - fucking phenomenal performance.

http://loudwire.com/the-winery-dogs-...lusive-stream/
    "I’ve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. That’ll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And I’ve got a lot of spandex, so it’s good to have a versatile guitar that’ll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Band Manager
    I suscribe to a blog from one of my town's local music critics that posts some of his old show reviews, and they put up this one today.

I found it kinda funny to find out that Jimmy Page was in the audience. No idea where to post it so I figured I'll just plop it in here.

http://earofnewt.com/2014/04/16/van-...rom-the-wings/

Van Halen goes mild in Vancouver while Jimmy Page watches from the wings

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN THE GEORGIA STRAIGHT, NOV. 21, 1991

Twice during Van Halen’s show at B.C. Place last Wednesday (November 13), shaggy-maned vocalist Sammy Hagar apologized for having throat problems and not being able to sing up to par. The second time, he added, “But the band’s hot, and that’s all that counts.”

Yeah, sure, Sammy. Maybe if your band’s called the Ventures.

Nevertheless, as is usually the case at VH shows, gifted guitar king Eddie Van Halen—who appeared a little under the weather himself—saved the day. While the concert as a whole was no great shakes, and the energy level of the crowd was close to nil, there’s something about Van Halen’s seemingly effortless, off-the-cuff raunch blasts that make his band’s otherwise commonplace shows worthwhile.

With former Zepman Jimmy Page watching from the wings, Steady Eddie put the band and flagging frontman Hagar through their paces, from the opening “Poundcake” (a not-so-great tune from the ho-hum new album) to the encore, “Dance the Night Away” (a great tune from the excellent second album). In between, there was a drum riser that rose way, way up, and a light show that relied more on precision and dynamics than sheer wattage and special effects.

Hagar tried valiantly to incite the crowd, leaping about and kicking his feet like a boozed-up Baryshnikov, but few of the 14,000 in attendance went wild. Not even the band’s scorching version of the Kinks’ “You Really Got Me” really got ’em.

Warm-up act Alice in Chains—while a fine, thrash-edged rock band—fared even worse with the crowd, which couldn’t have cared less who was opening for the biggies. It seemed as if the only body moving to the Seattle quartet’s harsh groove belonged to that perennial concert-goer, the CFOX mascot, cavorting all alone in front of the stage.

Singer Layne Staley was somewhat bewildered by the long-nosed creature, though, and caused a few chuckles when he acknowledged its presence by commenting, “What in the hell is that?”
    Last edited by Heisenberg; April 17th, 2014 at 01:43 AM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm currently NOT listening to Winger.

There's a certain line i refuse to cross, which is basically anything below Dokken
    on the hair metal ladder.

One NEW (Yes! I said NEW!!!!) band, that i absolutely love, is the Winery Dogs.
    Talk about chemistry, talk about tunes, talk about musicianship...
    Portnoy, Sheehan & Kotzen, together, might just be Eddie Trunk's greatest contribution to
    Hard rock.

These guys are the real deal.
    This isn't a forced unit, like Chickenfoot.
    This is a supergroup that actually works, despite being a supergroup.
    Kind of a rarity...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Also loving the brand new Secret Sisters record.
    I waited about four years for this sophomore release, but it's killer!
    The more overweight sister has the voice of an angel...

Kinda like a female Everly Brothers.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm currently NOT listening to Winger.

There's a certain line i refuse to cross, which is basically anything below Dokken
    on the hair metal ladder.
    hahaha!! Yeah I cutoff around the same spot on the ladder. Dokken/Lynch Mob and Ratt is about all I can take.

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty. But I really like the new Steel Panther. And the other 2 records as well.

Obviously parody with funny lyrics all about sex. But I'm telling you there are great songs in there at the core. Plus Ralph can sing his ass off. Not sure what's been said here before but somehow I love listening to their stuff. Maybe it's his DLR flare and knowing they are big VH fans. Haha
    Last edited by thismusicsux; April 21st, 2014 at 05:36 PM.