Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's in Your cd Player - Page 384
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 384 of 384 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384
Results 3,831 to 3,837 of 3837
    Like Mike
    I've been completely entranced by this:

Been listening to a lot of Tool. The older I get, the more I appreciate how great that band is. Finally they're working on a new album, too.

Baroness came out with two new tracks that are actually great, maybe there is hope for rock music still ("Chlorine and Wine", and "Shock Me")

Permanent vacation
    ^ Baroness are great, one of the better new groups out there. And there's never a bad time for Tool!! Look up their Halloween show from this year if you haven't yet. They opened with "No Quarter", went straight into "The Grudge", had "Jambi" near the end... Great show. Really hoping they come north of the border on their tour with Primus next year.

The Sword are playing a show here next week, and I'm really looking forward to that one.

"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    ^ Baroness are great, one of the better new groups out there. And there's never a bad time for Tool!! Look up their Halloween show from this year if you haven't yet. They opened with "No Quarter", went straight into "The Grudge", had "Jambi" near the end... Great show. Really hoping they come north of the border on their tour with Primus next year.

The Sword are playing a show here next week, and I'm really looking forward to that one.

I've seen that footage. Just makes me disappointed that I won't have a chance to see them live any time soon.

I saw the Sword live at a Festival in Australia in 2011. It was either just before or just after Warp Riders was released if I recall correctly. My first year in the United States, just after the album you posted was released, I got a ticket to see them in a club in Shreveport. The bouncer was an asshole and wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a passport, and that I apparently could be a terrorist. He said I could get a refund online when I asked if I could get one there. There were no refunds online. That pretty much tainted the band for me.

Their first two albums had them as a sort of forerunner to a new metal movement, but after that they pretty much became a generic stoner band (with a couple of stellar tracks on each album).

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Right now? Another Perfect Day, my all time favourite Motrhead's album.

Rest in Peace, Lemmy!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Like Mike
    Totally enamored with the first 7 ZZ Top albums right now. Billy was and is the baddest.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Winger's last effort (from 2014) - Better Days Comin'.

Say what you want, but Winger is still sounding GREAT and HEAVY!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!
    ---