Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What's the worst rock documentary?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    The Last Waltz....this concert documentary of the final concert with the Band is highly overrated in the press mostly because Martin Scorsese directed it even though Eric Clapton, Neil Young & Bob Dylan give excellent performances.

Cheers everyone !
    Never saw that one .........

Band Manager
    Everyone has a right to an opinion but any one with an open mind must realise that the last waltz was unique in that it was a documentary dedicated to the end of an extraordinary & ground breaking group with their friends & peers taking part in a one off performance ,proving that music is the main thing no matter what it is as
    long as it is authentic & credible. Martin Scorsese was just the catylist, i feel any other director of quality ie george lucas steven spielberg or dare i say clint eastwood could have done as good albeit with a different flavour.The band were a
    phenomonom in that they played with soul in so many contrasting & ground breaking genres such as blues muddy waters paul butterfield eric clapton etc, country rock emmy lou harris &folk joni mitchell not to mention bob dylan the point i am making is without them i feel the market would not have been there for people like the eagles flying burrito bros&co. Also they were not afraid to be on the sharp end, remember when they first came to england with bob dylan they were bood by the narrow minded folkies aghastat the heresy of electric guitars but persevered & created a new phase in his career and a new sound was launched
    Finally if the same treatment had been granted to jimi hendrix or indeed the allman bros band while duane allman was still alive, i think that no matter how well it was produced or by whom, i think the result would be aclaimed as a masterpiece as it is, it was a near thing richard manuel&rick danko sadly committing suicide later so please look on the last waltz as a one of work of art.

Brivanroth, father of stevanroth. :184:

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'
    Australian women, genetically bred for bar work! cheers.
    http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lze...arch=aerosmith
    "Thats captain Jack sparrow"

Originally posted by stevanroth@Apr 10 2005, 07:56 AM
    Everyone has a right to an opinion but any one with an open mind must realise that the last waltz was unique in that it was a documentary dedicated to the end of an extraordinary & ground breaking group with their friends & peers taking part in a one off performance ,proving that music is the main thing no matter what it is as
    long as it is authentic & credible. Martin Scorsese was just the catylist, i feel any other director of quality ie george lucas steven spielberg or dare i say clint eastwood could have done as good albeit with a different flavour.The band were a
    phenomonom in that they played with soul in so many contrasting & ground breaking genres such as blues muddy waters paul butterfield eric clapton etc, country rock emmy lou harris &folk joni mitchell not to mention bob dylan the point i am making is without them i feel the market would not have been there for people like the eagles flying burrito bros&co. Also they were not afraid to be on the sharp end, remember when they first came to england with bob dylan they were bood by the narrow minded folkies aghastat the heresy of electric guitars but persevered & created a new phase in his career and a new sound was launched
    Finally if the same treatment had been granted to jimi hendrix or indeed the allman bros band while duane allman was still alive, i think that no matter how well it was produced or by whom, i think the result would be aclaimed as a masterpiece as it is, it was a near thing richard manuel&rick danko sadly committing suicide later so please look on the last waltz as a one of work of art.

Brivanroth, father of stevanroth. :184:
    Why are you telling me things about The Last Waltz & the artists that I already know but it's still overrated since Gimme Shelter with the Stones is much better.

Band Manager
    Originally posted by Wayne L.@Apr 11 2005, 07:16 PM
    Why are you telling me things about The Last Waltz & the artists that I already know but it's still overrated since Gimme Shelter with the Stones is much better.
    Because Clearly you seem to have no real musical understanding. I understand every ones opinion may differ somewhat, but the problem here is that I class The Last Waltz as a real musicians 'must have' in their collection. Even with all your miss givings wayne, I would never expect someone like you to appreciate something as historical or significant and special, as this documentary, and you didn't. Further more you seem to be watching rock documentaries armed with only you ears and what you read in magazines,
    No one with a real understanding of music would want to criticise this now famous show.
    BTW, I really suggest you stick to posting things you know about, rather than a subject way past your comprehension and of course your musical abilities. Watch and enjoy by all means, but please don&#39;t comment on something you have no understanding of. <_<

Brum, the birth place and home of Heavy metal music, and the occasional twister.

Al says 'Rules is rules and if there isn't any rules then where would we be? thats right; France!'

Originally posted by stevanroth+Apr 11 2005, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stevanroth @ Apr 11 2005, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wayne L.@Apr 11 2005, 07:16 PM
    Why are you telling me things about The Last Waltz & the artists that I already know but it&#39;s still overrated since Gimme Shelter with the Stones is much better.
    Because Clearly you seem to have no real musical understanding. I understand every ones opinion may differ somewhat, but the problem here is that I class The Last Waltz as a real musicians &#39;must have&#39; in their collection. Even with all your miss givings wayne, I would never expect someone like you to appreciate something as historical or significant and special, as this documentary, and you didn&#39;t. Further more you seem to be watching rock documentaries armed with only you ears and what you read in magazines,
    No one with a real understanding of music would want to criticise this now famous show.
    BTW, I really suggest you stick to posting things you know about, rather than a subject way past your comprehension and of course your musical abilities. Watch and enjoy by all means, but please don&#39;t comment on something you have no understanding of. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I know about " real musicians " & " real rock & roll " which is why I hate 80&#39;s rock as in Motley Crue which is unreal. I have lots of musical understanding because The Weight, Up On Cripple Creek & Life Is A Carnival are great timeless classics from the Band. The Last Waltz is highly overrated mostly because Martin Scorcese directed it or it would just be looked at as another rock documentary like Gimme Shelter which is better.

Band Manager
    So if I asked you what chord a particular song was played in you coud confidently answer that question Mr. Rock critic Wayne?

Originally posted by stevanroth@Apr 11 2005, 12:35 PM
    So if I asked you what chord a particular song was played in you coud confidently answer that question Mr. Rock critic Wayne?
    I can&#39;t read music but I can write lyrics & make more money than you. You&#39;re not a rock critic either so stop acting like you&#39;re Lester Bangs which you&#39;re not.

Band Manager
    Originally posted by Wayne L.@Apr 11 2005, 10:48 PM
    You&#39;re not a rock critic either so stop acting like you&#39;re Lester Bangs which you&#39;re not.
    you no thats what I find somewhat strange wayne. When I&#39;ve watched my father write songs in the past he always used Guitar, paper, pen, sometimes a reel to reel tape recorder, Well what do you use wayne just wondering?

Cathedral =II=
    Originally posted by stevanroth@Apr 11 2005, 04:35 PM
    Now there&#39;s a cool thread game to play: Name that Key, with your host, stevanroth&#33;

Wayne, How do you arrange your lyrics?
    How do you determine where to put your verses and choruses since i get the impression that your 900 songs have no music to them.

And last but not least, How much money did you make last year?
    I only ask because you presume to know what other people "you don&#39;t know personally" seem to be pulling down.

So, what&#39;s the scoop, Wayne old boy?