Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dance Baby!
    This came from Melodicrock.com...

Alex isn't holding back here. As much as I dislike this info, I completely agree with him. Dave and Van Halen are history.

THE GOOD VIBES CONTINUE TO FLOW FROM VAN HALEN:
    Following my report from Friday, Alex Van Halen has been hitting the campaign trail, selling the concept of Van Halen for 2005. Good news for sure. The article from the Journal Gazette reads, in part, as follows:
    "Van Halen is a volatile band, and drummer Alex Van Halen is the first to admit it. “We're volatile only to the extent that we're as good of friends as we are,” Van Halen says in a phone interview. “It's because we are so intense. It's part of our nature. As much as I love (brother and guitarist Eddie), if you put us in a room with no one else for 15 minutes, we'd be at each other's throats. But it's always about creative differences. Always. It's never personal.”
    “Music is a dialogue. It's about an emotional reaction. We're very needy people, you know,” Alex Van Halen says, laughing.
    Gary Cherone's short-lived stint as lead singer produced one of the worst albums of the band's career. Alex Van Halen has nothing bad to say about Cherone. “He was just the wrong choice. It's that simple. No harm, no foul,” Van Halen said. “Nobody sets out to make a bad record. I just think the chemistry was wrong. It was just one of those things.”
    And the guys even touch on David Lee Roth: "Every time it looks as if Van Halen is about to take on a new or slightly used vocalist, there is always much speculation about whether the band's first frontman, David Lee Roth, will return.
    Van Halen says Roth fans just need to accept the fact that Diamond Dave is history, at least as far as this group of guys is concerned. “I can say something comic, but let me preface that by saying, 'He needs meds.' I am very serious about that. It's that simple. It's not even his fault, really. Whatever our personal differences are, there are no bigger fans of this band than the people who are in this band. So we understand why people would love to see that sort of reunion. But that's just not going to happen. Some things are impossible. The Beatles will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with Van Halen.”
    And the best news fans could wish for: Van Halen says the band is currently writing material that he believes is its best in a great while.
    “I can't put it into words, unfortunately, but the stuff is absolutely brilliant,” he says. Alex Van Halen says the band has purged itself of angst over profits, pans and chart positions. Now it's just about the music. “When you leave the planet, you leave music behind. You don't leave behind box office scores or how many dollars changed hands. You come to the planet with nothing and you leave with nothing, so you'd better do some good while you are here.”

And at the same time - this from the Wichita Eagle in Kansas:
    "Known for their internal squabbling and singer-swapping as much as for their music, Van Halen set aside a nine-year war of words and egos with singer Sammy Hagar to return to the road. In July, the band released a two-disc greatest hits album featuring three new songs with Hagar at the helm.
    While on a tour stop in Calgary last week, drummer Alex Van Halen said in an interview that the diverse faces in the audiences on this tour are a testament to the band's longevity. "It means the music held up," he said. "It's probably one of the most rewarding aspects of making music."
    The cliche says that rock 'n' roll is the elixir of youth. Like the Rolling Stones, Van Halen is clearly a case study in this theory.
    Singer Hagar, who replaced original vocalist David Lee Roth in 1985, turned 57 last month. "That guy's made of cast iron," Alex Van Halen said.
    Guitarist Edward Van Halen has spent the previous four years battling tongue cancer. These days he jumps around on stage with an artificial hip. Alex Van Halen admitted that getting old is a fact of life. "At our age, you don't want to stop. Because if you stop, you might not get back up."
    Speaking of stopping, the last date of the tour is Nov. 19 in Tucson. The buzz on radio and the Internet is again predicting the band's demise, saying internal tensions have taken their toll. Alex Van Halen tried to lay those rumors to rest.
    "Our disagreements are about our music," he said. The band plans to take a break after the tour and then enter the studio to begin work on a new album, he said. With Sammy Hagar on vocals? "With Sammy," he said
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Oh man, that totally sucks!! With Sammy...My God, can't they see no one wants to listen to an album of "up for breakfasts?" They tried and failed with this reunion, and i can't understand the concept of dragging a 60 year old Hagar back in the studio to do this all over again. No one wants to listen to this stuff. What are they gonna call it: 5150 revisited? My God, swallow your friggin' pride, call up Roth, end this thing the right way. No one loves VH more than i do, but it's just becoming four delusional guys going in opposing directions.

Groupie
    :85: Oh, that's funny; Alex being 'right'. Alex has never been 'right' concerning anything Roth! That fucker can't appreciate what huge contribution Dave made to that band. He and his alkie brother would be session players at best if it weren't for Davy Baby! Having skills isn't enough; you need CHARASMA, and the VH brothers have none.

Fuck Van Hatin, Dave! You'll have the last laugh, watching these shitheads crash and burn! The VH6 is strong enough to stand on their own; that part of the band will never be tarnished, no matter how hard Alexis and Edwina try to destroy it!

Folks, keep your Spammy love to a minimum here, please? This is the CLASSIC Van Halen site. Go surf redrocker.com for Spammy love.
    Hard core, bonafide, kick ass ROTHAHOLIC!!!

Groupie
    :lol: LOL, so much for Davy Baby being 'washed up'. He played to more people for his Boston Pops July 4th performance than Van Hatin played their ENTIRE TOUR!!!!!

How SWEET it is, Baby!

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA& #33;!!!!!!

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Have any of their new songs been on the radio much after they came through town?
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

I hear Learning To See a lot. But not on the Loop, NE........
    Swap meet Sally,Tramp stamp kat,mousewife to momshell in the time it took for you to get that new Tattoo.Tattoo Tattoo!

Groupie
    The rock station here in Atlanta that actually was the official tour station only played Roth Halen! I haven't heard the new songs, and I don't want to. The title, "Up For Breakfast" sounds stupid! Ihaven't heard good things about it.

To be truthful, I've never listened to Van Hagar unless it was forced upon me, like when I went to see "Twister". Or watching television and that Pepsi commercial came on. (Was that the "Right Here" song?)

Keep Rocking!!
    IMO, if anybody needs meds it would be Ed. I saw this tour to see EVH live and I was disappointed. Nothing like his playing back in the classic days with DLR. Charitably, some of it could be from age, not touring for a while.....but my gut tells me that Ed's playing below his own high standards is more likely from the booze. Ironically, even though I don't agree with anything AVH has to say about DLR, I thought his was the best of the solos on this tour. :huh:

And, also ironically, I mostly heard classic DLR era VH tunes on the radio to promote this tour. <_<
    Why don't you have some cake? - Rev. Moore, Footloose

Originally posted by Switch84@Nov 16 2004, 03:50 AM
    The rock station here in Atlanta that actually was the official tour station only played Roth Halen&#33; I haven&#39;t heard the new songs, and I don&#39;t want to. The title, "Up For Breakfast" sounds stupid&#33; Ihaven&#39;t heard good things about it.
    You&#39;re in Atlanta? Hey, me, too. "Up for Breakfast" wasn&#39;t too bad, really. Had a nu-metal guitar tone but had the mid-`80&#39;s pop metal sound. But I do think at 57 a man should have deeper things to say in his lyrics than, "She&#39;s the cream in my coffee."

Roadie
    I&#39;ve said this before and I&#39;ll say it again. Anything that alexis van shemp says I relate to rolling stone magazine............only good to use at the bottom of a bird cage.
    He is by far a bigger idiot than spam gaybar.