Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Dirty Movies or Top Jimmy? - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    LOL did I?!

Well not quite, but close enough I guess.

Still skip these songs most of the time.
    lol I completely missed the other guy's post. Sorry!

Yours truly, As Is
    I love em both but gotta definitely go with "Dirty Movies".
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    I can't believe the lack of appreciation for "Dirty Movies". It's such a great funky tune. The guitar riff during the verse is so grindy, and sleazy. The bass sounds like EVH to me. The intro is one of the greatest parts EVH ever created.

I must like VH for completely different reasons than some here...
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I can't believe the lack of appreciation for "Dirty Movies". It's such a great funky tune. The guitar riff during the verse is so grindy, and sleazy. The bass sounds like EVH to me. The intro is one of the greatest parts EVH ever created.

I must like VH for completely different reasons than some here...
    I'm surprised too. It's in my top 20 all time VH tunes easy, even for just the incredible intro. Al's drumming is sweet on this tune as well. Too bad they never played it live!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Band Manager
    Choosing between the two it's Dirty Movies for sure.
    Dirty Movies is completely awesome!!Definately in my top twenty as well.Some great guitar overdubbing,love how he melded all those guitars together in the begining.The drums,the harmonies,great song!It's severely underrated for some reason....don't know why?It's as CVH as they come.

Love Top Jimmy as well,it gets ya jumpin'!Another tune that doesn't get enough love.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Choosing between the two it's Dirty Movies for sure.
    Dirty Movies is completely awesome!!Definately in my top twenty as well.Some great guitar overdubbing,love how he melded all those guitars together in the begining.The drums,the harmonies,great song!It's severely underrated for some reason....don't know why?It's as CVH as they come.

Love Top Jimmy as well,it gets ya jumpin'!Another tune that doesn't get enough love.
    They are both waaay underrated. Ed's rhythm playing in Jimmy is smokin.

Band Manager
    It's too bad,instead of playing Panama or YRGM for the millionth time,radio should bust these two classics out.A lot of people out their that haven't heard them, sadly.
    Was shocked over Labor day weekend when the classic rock station here did a block party weekend and played Loss of Control!
    That was a treat no doubt.Maybe they're coming around to the fact that there are more CVH songs than the five or six they play 24/7.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    It's too bad,instead of playing Panama or YRGM for the millionth time,radio should bust these two classics out.A lot of people out their that haven't heard them, sadly.
    Was shocked over Labor day weekend when the classic rock station here did a block party weekend and played Loss of Control!
    That was a treat no doubt.Maybe they're coming around to the fact that there are more CVH songs than the five or six they play 24/7.
    WOW. Have never heard Loss Of Control on the radio before! There are so many deep cuts out there that people would love if they heard them.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I've really become taken by "Top Jimmy."

The rhythm guitar IS awesome, and another thing you'd never hear the guys from Ratt or Yngwie
    Malmsteen doing.
    I love the riff he plays behind the solo, it's just so damn cool.

And the solo in TJ has always been a favorite of mine.
    Very off the wall, kinda like the approach taken in "I'll Wait."

Ed got pretty fusiony on 1984, now that i think about it.
    Some of those lines, even in "Drop Dead Legs," are so 'outside' and horn-ish.

Band Manager
    Me too,JD..I was completely shocked!!I don't listen to the radio that much so the odds of hearing it again or them playing it are probably lottery territory.
    Yeah,I never understood why CVH deep stuff doesn't get played,what,like people are going to call in and say never play In a Simple Rhyme again it sucks.As far as Halen goes,I think listeners would like the deep cuts just as much as the over played hits.