Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

2004 Tour dates beginning to seep out
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    Clear Channel Entertainment's website is listing the first officially confirmed shows and onsale dates for the 2004 Van Halen reunion tour! This news is breaking so fast that some details are yet unclear so please bear the conflicts below in mind until it's all sorted out.

HERSHEYPARK Stadium Hershey, PA
    with Bloodhound Gang
    June 13, 2004 - 07:30PM EST
    Doors open 6:30 PM
    On Sale April 3, 2004 - 10:00AM
    Reserved 1: $87.50
    Reserved 2: $67.50
    Reserved 3: $57.50
    Reserved 4: $45.00

Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
    June 16, 2004 - 07:30PM EST
    On Sale April 3, 2004 - 10:00AM

Mann Music Center Philadelphia, PA
    June 19, 2004 - 08:00PM EST
    Doors open 7:00 PM
    On Sale April 5, 2004 - 10:00AM
    Reserved 1: $75
    Balcony: $45
    Upper Level: $38.50
    Terrace: $27.50
    --Note that this listing has been changed this afternoon to "Diana Krall" rather than VH

Mann Music Center Philadelphia, PA
    Mellon Arena Pittsburgh, PA
    October 10, 2004 - 07:30PM EST
    -- Note that this venue on this date is also ascribed to "Incubus with special guest" and Sammy had previously hinted that he would be in Cabo for his birthday around this time.

Despite these listings, the main Clear Channel search page says only "Sorry, there are no [Van Halen] events at this time." In truth, the fact that these dates were discovered by enterprising fans without any fanfare or official announcement of any kind leads many to speculate that this release was not intended at this time. Up-to-the-second rumor has it that we may see this official announcement on Friday, March 26th. A short time after these listings were discovered, VH's official webmaster quietly slipped an alphabetic, dateless list of cities into the long-dormant Tour section of the official Van Halen site.

"Updated: Monday March 22, 2004
    TOUR INFO

[3/22/04]:

Detroit, MI
    East Rutherford, NJ
    Greensboro, NC
    Hershey, PA
    Kansas City, MO
    Las Vegas, NV
    Philadelphia, PA
    St. Louis, MO
    St. Paul, MN
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Worcester, MA

More info coming soon!!"

So there you have it, Van Halen dates on the calendar . . .ready or not!

Permanent vacation
    I can see Incubus being an opener, I guess..... but The Bloodhound Gang? Didn't they disappear after that one-hit-wonder in 1998 or so?
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Cathedral =II=
    I'm nowhere near ready for this...at all...

YES! YES! I don't see Chicago on there though........ I'll see them, oh yeah, if I have to fly 3000 miles I will see them!

Woo Woo!
    Swap meet Sally,Tramp stamp kat,mousewife to momshell in the time it took for you to get that new Tattoo.Tattoo Tattoo!

I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    I'm looking forward to the VH/SH reunion tour even though I'm not planning on going speaking as an old VH/DLR era fan. This tour is all about the return of Eddie Van Halen onstage after a long absence from the spotlight, besides all you have to do is watch the concert video for RHRN if you want a preview.

THEE bassist for VH
    After making us all wait six years this is what we get? Just venues with no dates ( with the exception of Pa. dates ) and this is so typical of Van Halen! They probably don't like the idea of doing a press conference because of the barrage of questions that the media is gonna nail 'em with! Can you imagine? We'll see, Friday is now rumored to be the day. They should have made the announcement all at once instead of another little teaser tidbit on their site. * * * *

$87 bucks for a ticket? I'll bet that if it were Dave reuniting w/VH, it would be higher ( but definately worth it! )

Permanent vacation
    I'm beginning to wonder if the press will even care, after VH having been out of the spotlight for so long.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Keep Rocking!!
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (i1sum2&#33; @ Mar. 23 2004,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After making us all wait six years this is what we get? Just venues with no dates ( with the exception of Pa. dates ) and this is so typical of Van Halen&#33; They probably don't like the idea of doing a press conference because of the barrage of questions that the media is gonna nail 'em with&#33; Can you imagine? We'll see, Friday is now rumored to be the day. They should have made the announcement all at once instead of another little teaser tidbit on their site. * * * *

&#036;87 bucks for a ticket? I'll bet that if it were Dave reuniting w/VH, it would be higher ( but definately worth it&#33; )[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, it's really low-key. Nothing on Sammy's site, nothing on Pollstar, haven't really seen anything on any media sites. Actually, if we're fantasizing about ultimate tour shows, I would love to see one of those blind-date kind of tour stops (with DLR, of course) in some cramped, crowded smoky little club with the band doing a short hard-rocking set of non-top 40 down-n-dirty classics (Take Your Whiskey Home, Fools, Push Comes to Shove, Dirty Movies, etc.)....f**k, would that ever kick ass&#33;&#33;&#33;

While I'm dreaming, I'd also like to win the lottery, LOL&#33;&#33;
    Why don't you have some cake? - Rev. Moore, Footloose