Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Women & Children First
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am now banned because I acted like an idiot
    Women & Children First released in 80 is one of the most underrated classic rock albums VH has ever recorded & released to be almost forgotten these days for some reason when it's one of their bluesiest, ballsiest, raunchiest albums in their whole catalogue showcasing Eddie Van Halen with some of his most dirtiest guitar solos while David Lee Roth is at his baddest with his swaggering vocals which would make even Mick Jagger blush on rock classics like And The Cradle Will Rock, Everybody Wants Some, Fools, Romeo Delight, Take Your Whiskey Home & In A Simple Rhyme. BTW, WACF is the classic rock album which defined Van Halen as the legendary rock & roll band they would become for generations to come.

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    It's the one that got me into VH in the first place!!

And I rank it higher than even FW--WACF is IMO the last really raw-sounding VH album, FW sounds "sophisticated" by comparison
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Cathedral =II=
    WACF should have been longer, it ended way to soon...

I think it rocks rotund!

Permanent vacation
    My least favourite VH album... found it boring for the most part - sounded too close to mainstream 80s rock compared to what I was expecting. Liked the songs a lot better live though.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Yep, put this one #2 to Fair Warning for me. When you say this one is nearly forgotten -- this is what I was referring to in my "legacy" post. If Eddie would wake up and follow Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend's examples, these albums would be remastered (which they have been, but not promoted at all), put into box sets, best ofs, deluxe editions, lost tracks, outtakes, Super CD versions, and Eddie & Co. would be in every magazine and every TV show making a big deal out of it all...Instead, Van Halen is limited to "Runnin' with the Devil" and "Ice Cream Man" on the radio a couple of times a day, alongside lessers like Foghat and the Guess Who! C'mon, Eddie, claim that place in history!

Cathedral =II=
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ice Cream Man @ Nov. 16 2003,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, put this one #2 to Fair Warning for me. *When you say this one is nearly forgotten -- this is what I was referring to in my "legacy" post. *If Eddie would wake up and follow Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend's examples, these albums would be remastered (which they have been, but not promoted at all), put into box sets, best ofs, deluxe editions, lost tracks, outtakes, Super CD versions, and Eddie & Co. would be in every magazine and every TV show making a big deal out of it all...Instead, Van Halen is limited to "Runnin' with the Devil" and "Ice Cream Man" on the radio a couple of times a day, alongside lessers like Foghat and the Guess Who&#33; *C'mon, Eddie, claim that place in history&#33;[/b][/quote]

A most excellent post my friend&#33;

Band Manager
    Life&#39;s a pretty sweet fruit.

Band Technician
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cathedral =II= @ Nov. 16 2003,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, put this one #2 to Fair Warning for me. *When you say this one is nearly forgotten -- this is what I was referring to in my "legacy" post. *If Eddie would wake up and follow Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend's examples, these albums would be remastered (which they have been, but not promoted at all), put into box sets, best ofs, deluxe editions, lost tracks, outtakes, Super CD versions, and Eddie & Co. would be in every magazine and every TV show making a big deal out of it all...Instead, Van Halen is limited to "Runnin' with the Devil" and "Ice Cream Man" on the radio a couple of times a day, alongside lessers like Foghat and the Guess Who&#33; *C'mon, Eddie, claim that place in history&#33;[/b][/quote]
    A most excellent post my friend&#33;[/b][/quote]
    I agree&#33;
    M.A.D.E. Van Halen
    Mike, Alex, Dave and Edward made Van Halen

THEE bassist for VH
    * *I personally like this, obviously, from the killer intro of Cradle all the way to Simple Rhyme&#33; So many different tangents on this one&#33; The accoustic section on Take Your Whiskey Home is the only recording of Ed doing that&#33; And with nylon strings no less&#33; Pretty impressive if you ask me&#33; Ed had never played an accoustic before this and, never has since (at least not on tape) Alot of catch phrases on here from Dave, you could sing along with every song too. WACF picked up the steam as VH 2 seemed rushed or perhaps leftovers from the debut sessions and, took you full force into Fair Warning. I don't see how you could say this is mainstream 80's rock as VH was doing so many things that no one else was doing (or could&#33 Quite simply, it rocks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; * *

* * * * * *Have you seen Jrs. Grades? * * * * * * * * *

Groupie
    I put the bootleg Tora&#33; Tora&#33; Tora&#33; in recently and I said to myself I have to listen to WACF.It's just a great collection of songs and feelings you get from these songs.I remember in '80 when it came out I was already a VH fan and I heard the single ATCWR I seriously thought for the longest time it was Kiss.It just sounded like Gene singing to me.Then I found out it was VH.Awesome&#33;I think it was from that point on that I bought every release on the first day of sales and saw every tour since then.