Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Movies
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Well I couldn't find our other thread on Movies so I guess this will be a new one

About Schmidt
    Jack Nicholson- This is a great movie. It's not all blood & guts that my husband likes to rent.
    I think everyone Loves Jack, I certainly do. I believe he should at least be nominated for an Academy Award for his acting in this movie. It really was interesting.

Going to see the new Spy Kids movie with my son & neighbor & kids. I have seen both of the earlier and I seriously can't wait to see this one!

Shanghai Knights-
    I love Jackie Chan! It totally amazes me how fast he is and does his own stunts. Owen Wilson is great too. The first movie I saw with him in it, I did not like him. He has become so popular,
    he grew on me. I wish he would get hi nose fixed!
    Swap meet Sally,Tramp stamp kat,mousewife to momshell in the time it took for you to get that new Tattoo.Tattoo Tattoo!

Roadie
    I've discovered Paul Thomas Anderson.
    The director of Boogie Nights, Magnolia and the recent Punch Drunk love (with Adam Sandler).

He Rocks~!!!.
    Everything about the way he makes films is totally inspiring!
    His acting teams are the best out there (John C. Reilly, William H.Macy, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, Philip Baker Hall, etc.).

"You are what your deep, driving desire is - as you desire, so is your will. As you will, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."
    - Brihadaranyaka
    Upanishad IV.4.5
    "Let's Play" * * * * * *- *Alex Van Halen

*WABISABI!!

Permanent vacation
    I've been seeing a lot of movies with this night job. Since nobody's around to do anything during the nights off, I usually just rent a flick or two. or three. or four. or five!

My fave that I've seen this summer is probably Taxi Driver. That movie rules... Other great flicks I've seen recently:

A Clockwork Orange (awesome... Malcom McDowell was great)

Ringu (Japanese flick that The Ring was based on. Very well done minimalist horror&#33

L'Odyssťe D'Alice Tremblay / Alice's Odyssey (great, colourful kids flick with funny adult humour&#33

The Shining (Heeeeeeeerrre's JOHNNY!&#33

Serpico (early Al Pacino flick, based on a true story of corruption in the NYPD)

Ran (awesome Samurai epic based on King Lear by Akira Kurosawa)

Batman [1989] (I'd forgotton how cool this was)

Mean Streets (another cool De Niro / Scorcese flick from the 70s)

Quadrophenia (best "teen angst" flick ever? Awesome soundtrack...)

And I just finished watching Midnight Cowboy, which was also pretty cool. It's been a good summer for movies. Though I have come across the occasional DUD, such as....

Terminator 3 - This one made me wince. Many times. I should've seen Pirates of the Carribean instead. Oh, the pain!

Waking Life - Really cool animation, but good lord was this ever boring. I hate it when characters go "By the way..." and then launch off into some philisophical monologue about life, the universe, and everything. And that happened every 5 minutes in this film.

Eraserhead - BOOOOOORING! The sort of Art Film that I just can't stand, where stupid characters stand in the same place with unchanging facial expressions, a bad haircut and no dialogue, for 12 minutes at a time! All in the name of SYMBOLISM! But it had some cool eye candy.

American Shaolin: King of the Kickboxers II - Do I even need to comment on this one? just look at the title!

I've got One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in cold storage for tomorrow. Chinatown, Scarface, and Straw Dogs are on my to-get list.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Roadie
    Very cool films mentioned there Guitarfreak.
    Kubrick 'n Scorsese are in my all-time top directors!
    (Although I must admit I haven't seen ALL of their flicks)
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is - as you desire, so is your will. As you will, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."
    - Brihadaranyaka
    Upanishad IV.4.5

*WABISABI!!

GFreak I can't even stay up thru 1 movie! Thankfully we have 5day rentals
    Swap meet Sally,Tramp stamp kat,mousewife to momshell in the time it took for you to get that new Tattoo.Tattoo Tattoo!

Webmaster
    I saw Phonebooth yesterday and I really liked that movie. I know alot of people gave it a bad review but I thought it was great. Maybe because I went into it with low expectations
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Roadie
    The past few days I've caught.

Mulholland Drive - My first ever David Lynch film. And its the weirdest~!

Road to Perdition - Very Cool. Good follow up for Sam Mendes

The Big Lebowski - Film full of hillarious quotes and f-words. DUDE~!

Carlito's Way - Got very teary at the end
    - Brihadaranyaka
    Upanishad IV.4.5

*WABISABI!!

Permanent vacation
    I just saw Scarface. It kicked ass, had some serious 'tude.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Permanent vacation
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Haase @ Sep. 07 2003,11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The past few days I've caught.

Mulholland Drive - My first ever David Lynch film. And its the weirdest~&#33;[/b][/quote]
    Heh - if it was anything like Lost Highway or (shudder&#33 Eraserhead, I pity you&#33;

~ William S. Burroughs

Identity- 2 words---&#62; Must See.