Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

NHL Playoffs
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Permanent vacation
    I don't think we've ever had an NHL thread here... we've had one for MLB, NBA, NFL... but nothing for hockey! Time to break the ice on that one (BOOOOOOOOOO!!!! sorry, couldn't resist ). Hockey's the only big-league sport I'll actually watch on occaision...

What're everyone's predictions? Who're you rooting for?

Toronto's getting owned in double overtime as I type this...

oh, headed to triple OT now! Crazy.

I think I'm rooting for the Sens... even though they won't win, I think they'll do the best of the Canadian teams.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    I'm a Wings fan and just watched them get swept by the Mighty Ducks. No chance for a repeat now.
    Life's a pretty sweet fruit.

Permanent vacation
    Yeah, who would've expected that? I haven't been a fan of the Mighty Ducks since Emelio Estevez or whatever his name was was popular, but it's kind of cool to see them winning at this point - their goalie, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, used to play here with the Halifax Mooseheads in the QMJHL. Same with Alex Tanguay of the Colorado Avalanche .
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    Yeah, he had a hell of a series. Really shut them down.
    Life's a pretty sweet fruit.

Band Manager
    giguere rocks, he was traded from the flames a couple years back... wish we had him now..
    that being said, i'm cheering for vancouver, ottawa and toronto. if any of those teams made it far, i'd be stoked.
    It's not who you sleep with, it's who'll sleep with you again!

Permanent vacation
    Not an Oilers fan, laner?

I'm watching the Vancouver game right now... Canucks are ahead 1 - 0, and look to be playing better than in previous games, so hopefully they'll stay alive! They did so well during the season; I hate to see them fall apart in the playoffs.

~ William S. Burroughs

Permanent vacation
    Fuck! St. Louis just scored!

~ William S. Burroughs

Permanent vacation
    Boo-ya! Vancouver survives! 5 - 3. Me likes.

~ William S. Burroughs

Band Manager
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guitarfreak @ April 18 2003,7:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not an Oilers fan, laner?[/b][/quote]
    i'm not an oil fan except in the playoffs. i am cheering for them, but i don't think they'll be able to beat dallas. i'd love if they did, but i'm lookin more realistically. van, ottawa and toronto all have excellent chances of going far, especially van, now that detroit's outta the way.
    It&#39;s not who you sleep with, it&#39;s who&#39;ll sleep with you again&#33;

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    The Chicago Wolves&#33;&#33;

Oops, unlike the Blackhawks, who've been in the playoffs once in the last 5 years, the Wolves of the AHL actually win championships&#33;&#33;
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator