Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Fair Warning
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Warning

Groupie
    Well i just bought this album and i have to say its great! They have some awesome melody's and original songs, it sounds more mature.

Webmaster
    Fair Warning is still my favorite VH album (with VH I a close second). I've heard alot of people claim FW to be their favorite also...but it's the lowest selling classic VH album...go figure.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Cathedral =II=
    Fairwarning is the shit, Van Halen at their best to say the least.................

Band Manager
    Quite possibly their best work.
    Life's a pretty sweet fruit.

FW and VH1 are my equal fav's. The guitarwork on this album is some seriously good shit. I could listen to 'Unchained' all day. Oh, and how good is 'Hear about it later'....killer solo.
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."

Band Technician
    I used to rank the six VH albums, but listening more to it lately (recently got the remastered versions), I have more and more trouble in ranking these six.

My newest ranking would be a top two:
    1: VH, WACF, FW & 1984
    2: DD (not as strong as the four mentioned above) and VHII (sounds to me as a bit of leftovers of VH (1st album), but still a great album)

I think the low selling figures of Fair Warning are due to the artwork...... It isn't my favorite artwork.....
    M.A.D.E. Van Halen
    Mike, Alex, Dave and Edward made Van Halen

Groupie
    Christ, Fair Warning?? Absolutely awesome, and my favorite album from the boys. *Dave said that these songs were not "celebration songs."
    "I've got more hits than Bugsy Seigel..." ~ Diamond Dave

Band Manager
    love it. not my fave, but i love it. ed's tone is great on it too. dirty movies is prolly my fave on the album, but it of course changes every day.
    It's not who you sleep with, it's who'll sleep with you again!

Permanent vacation
    Definately one of my favourite VH albums, quite possibly the best. Ranks right up there with the debut album. In terms of guitar playing, I think it's Eddie's best work out of all the albums from '78 - '98. Push Comes to Shove is one of the most perfect-sounding solos Eddie's cranked out.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Roadie
    has to be the *badest hardest, fastest rocking album of 1981!!!!purely van halen at tip top form as well as the tention and the fire this album burns anything in it path... It's my favorite VH album, just because of everything I said up above as well as 2 months and 16 days later (June 13th 1981) I was born *
    Who da fuck are you??
    --sean van halen