Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best Song Off Diver Down
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: Best Song Off Diver Down

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secrets

1 8.33%
  • Little Guitars

3 25.00%
  • Dancing in the Streets

0 0%
  • (Oh) Pretty Woman

1 8.33%
  • Hang Em High

2 16.67%
  • Cathedral

1 8.33%
  • Bid Bad Bill is Sweet William Now

0 0%
  • The Full Bug

4 33.33%
  • 0 0%
    Just wanted to get an idea what people out there liked on the Diver Down album. My personal favorite is Little Guitars, probablly followed by Secrets and then Hang Em High.

Permanent vacation
    DD is definately one of my lesser-liked albums. I enjoy Little Guitars, Hang 'Em High, and Secrets but right now The Full Bug is ringing louder than any of those tracks. I dig that tune. Though at least the intro to Little guitars finally gave me a use for my damn capo, LoL. Not one of VH's better albums, IMO, but it has some nice spots on it.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Webmaster
    I voted for Little Guitars although Secrets and Hang 'em High are high on my list. I agree with Guitarfreak in that Diver Down is not my favorite VH album.

Welcome to the site JHunter519
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Band Manager
    The Full Bug. Great song. I also like Little Guitars and Hang 'em High a lot. Overall a good VH album but my least favorite of the first six.
    Life's a pretty sweet fruit.

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Hang 'Em High is one of my top 5 VH fave tunes--always been underrated.

All the originals are good--too bad they didn't dig deeper in their vaults to rework some of them--they didn't really need to cover anything
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Roadie
    Little Guitars,
    But all of the originals Rocks

"You are what your deep, driving desire is - as you desire, so is your will. As you will, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."
    - Brihadaranyaka
    Upanishad IV.4.5
    "Let's Play" * * * * * *- *Alex Van Halen

*WABISABI!!

Had to go with The Full Bug....One killer song IMO
    "All work and no play turns you into...Who's the new guy in Van Halen?" DLR '99

Webmaster: Diamond David Lee Roth.Com

VH/DLR Bootlegs

Groupie
    I'll always have a soft spot for Secrets.
    Van HALEN is Ed, Alex, Mike, and Dave. End of story.

Wow! This is like so cool, I just submitted that poll like yesterday, and you guys are great! Thank you so much for responding to this. Interesting thing is, when I was growing up, my first rock CD was Diver Down. So I guess I have always had a partial liking to it, even though I had come to absolutely f**** love 1984 when it came out. Now, I kind of rediscovered Diver Down. It's funny, some days you know you can be driving in your car down interstate so and so and just put in an album, and it speaks to you...you hear it differently, know what i mean? Well...that's what I did, and I kind of never realized how good some of the songs are on there--like Secrets and Little Guitars and even the intro to it, which I never knew why they just didn't include it all as one song. But now after this think I"m going to go give Full Bug another shake...to be honest, I don't listen to it as much as the others on the CD. Hell, i even listen to Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails more, so going to do that now that I"ve seen so many here who testify to its coolness. Thanks guys! And happy to be here, sharing what we all love, Classic Van Halen!!