Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ok.....
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok.....

Roadie
    People at school keep teasing me because i like van halen. I mean I can like whatever I want. The person who keeps teasing me likes Static-X. I am so sick of it, I am a little obsessed.. Who isnt? i think they are the greatest rock band the face of *this earth...now what should i do. I sound stupid but... Please dont make fun of me
    This is Home, This is MEAN STREET!!!!

EVH On Music Inspiration:
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." (Guitar World, March 1998

Van Halen dominated the human world and always will in my mind -Mean_Street (Me)

Band Manager
    you have to do your part and not shove it their faces that you're totally obsessed. if they don't leave you alone, then counter their arguement by saying that at least they play their own instruments and write their own songs. and that they don't have fake boobs, stuff like that.
    It's not who you sleep with, it's who'll sleep with you again!

Roadie
    but i dont shove it in there faces.. me and my best friend had this vh hand shake which is stupid, but he and his friend kept mimicing it.. they did it today. its so stupid. we shouldnt of made a vh handshake. god i'm am always a laughing stock at school. because i have acne and stuff.
    This is Home, This is MEAN STREET!!!!

EVH On Music Inspiration:
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." (Guitar World, March 1998

Van Halen dominated the human world and always will in my mind -Mean_Street (Me)

Webmaster
    Tell your buddies that Van Halen is the 10th best selling band/artist of all-time. That includes solo acts, top 40 bands, etc. Also tell them that in 10 years NO ONE will know who Static-X is.....but they'll know who Van Halen is.

I tell you what, go one step further. Take Van Halens first album and dare the kids to listen to the whole album ...from start to finish. Just dare them.....I'll bet they'll change their tune.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Band Manager
    Tell them to kiss your ass The type of music they are putting up against VH just displays their lack of independant thought and willingness to be controlled by the Machine that produces the garbage in which they waste their time and money on.

Here is the MAIN difference in the two genre's

Van Halen - Rock Band

BackN'syncBritnySpearsBoys - Music Acts <--term music is used loosely........

There is really no comparison, It's like putting Roy Orbison up against Megadeath, WTF???

Mean Street, Tell your friends to open their minds before they suffocate on what the industry is shoving down their throat,lol......

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Who's Static-X? I never heard of 'em.

Van Halen has inspired a countless number of people to learn to play music--not many bands can claim something like that. Other people are just jealous that they can't match VH skill-wise, or even come close.

Tell them to pick up a guitar and play for thousands of hours, and see what they sound like.

Cathedral hit it on the head--you listen to what you want to listen to, they listen to whatever a few people in radio plays for them.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Band Manager
    Don't worry about what other kids say. Most of them have no taste in music at all because they're growing up to manufactured teen pop. There aren't many kids that appreciate legendary rock bands and artists that inspired the current ones. Most kids like current pop music (Britney Spears, N Sync, Backstreet Boys) because it's trendy and popular. They just like them to try to fit in. I guess what I'm saying is that 20 years from now they're going to wonder what the hell they were thinking buying and listening to that music. Just like how adults now are embarassed to like some of the cheesey stuff of the 70's and 80's.

Good luck, and keep rocking to Van Halen no matter what anyone else says.
    Life&#39;s a pretty sweet fruit.

Band Manager
    Great point Dan, I am one of those looking back kind of guys and i wonder why i ever liked the Bee Gee's (lord did i say that out loud?) But, I was NEVER a Bay City Rollers fan at all,lol.

I guess it is just the typical cycle repeating itself huh?

Permanent vacation
    Don't pay attention to your brainwashed schoolmates. You've got to remember that 95% of these assholes wouldn't know quality music if it went up to 'em and put their genitals in a vice. They're either listening to pre-fabricated shit from a fat guy in Florida (i.e. Backstreet Boys), or the WWF equivalent of what was once rock'n'roll ( i.e. Static-X). They're wallowing in an orgy of musical-ignorance, and they're loving it. Fine. Let them. It's their loss. Take pride in the fact that you're so much BETTER than they are in that you can see past all the BS that's plaguing the airwaves, as opposed to falling prey to it&#33;

Hang in there. Don't give in to pressure. Only Pleasure - which in this case comes from listening to VH as opposed to shit music&#33;
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cathedral @ Jan. 04 2002,1:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But, I was NEVER a Bay City Rollers fan at all,lol.[/b][/quote]
    S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT&#33;

I thought Bay City Rollers were the shit when I was in 4th-5th grade&#33;
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator