Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
David Bowie Dead.
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Band Manager

David Bowie Dead.

This hit me harder than any celebrity death in my lifetime. I was a bit too young to grasp Lennon's death.

This death has me bracing myself for the next round (The Stones...and eventually VH). It's an odd feeling, that is hard to articulate. Maybe it's the feeling that the person's art will now fade.

I could write pages about Bowie (nearly as much as I have written about VH), but this probably isn't the place. Suffice to say, the guy had impact.

I'm curious to hear what Roth might have to say about Bowie. Early in his career, Roth would reference Bowie a bit, but I think after Bowie snubbed him (as told in Lisa Robinson's book), Roth was hurt by the rejection. In his book, Roth kinda belittled Bowie, and dismissed him as a passing phase in his youth.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Unhappy

Man ... What a loss! David fought his disease and yet released another record.
    Somehow the Lazarus vdeo makes more sense now.

Rest in Peace, David.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    This hit me harder than any celebrity death in my lifetime. I was a bit too young to grasp Lennon's death.

This death has me bracing myself for the next round (The Stones...and eventually VH). It's an odd feeling, that is hard to articulate. Maybe it's the feeling that the person's art will now fade.

I could write pages about Bowie (nearly as much as I have written about VH), but this probably isn't the place. Suffice to say, the guy had impact.

I'm curious to hear what Roth might have to say about Bowie. Early in his career, Roth would reference Bowie a bit, but I think after Bowie snubbed him (as told in Lisa Robinson's book), Roth was hurt by the rejection. In his book, Roth kinda belittled Bowie, and dismissed him as a passing phase in his youth.
    I feel for you, man.

I'd tell you; I'd love to hear and read your stuff and this is the right place and thread for sure.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Like Mike
    I'm not a big fan by any means, only really started appreciating his stuff last year... That being said, this has hit me hard, as well. Can't even imagine what the feeling must be like to be a huge fan. Lemmy's death really shook me, and I'm not a guy who owns a bunch of Motorhead records and swears by jack and coke. Just has me fearing what happens when people who were my heroes my whole life go. I'm dreading the day Jimmy Page goes... That was my first musical hero.

Love ya moms......
    This hit hard and have to say I am still in a bit of shock over it. Lemmy and Weiland weren't unexpected but I don't think anyone saw this coming, but then again he was pretty private when it came to dealing with it which is totally understandable.

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Scary Monsters" still remains one of my all time favorite records.
    Side one is just fucking flawless.
    It goes from dissonant, international, atonal Fripp-isms & rare Bowie singing so hard
    he's almost screaming in, It's no game, to art metal in Scary Monsters, to exquisite, almost asian
    beauty in Ashes to Ashes, to plastic funk in Fashion.

Flawless.

It's all over the place, yet somehow cohesive.