Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Metal Up Your A$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    I was checking in semi-regularly until the forum disappeared (for a couple weeks maybe?) to a glitch. It's been silently resurrected but I think the downtime probably scared away half the remaining regulars we had.

Life updates?

- Saw that the Links managed a successful funding drive for the next year's web-hosting. Power to 'em, but I'm not gonna sign up there even if they're the last VH board standing. Too many Hagarites and Republicans there for my tastes! That, and I don't type much on forums these days.

- I've buckled down in Canada for at least the next year after spending most of 2014 and 2015 on the road. I miss the excitement of a teetering Ukraine at war and the bombastic Russian propaganda in the Eastern Bloc... But it doesn't make for the best of teaching and writing conditions. So I unearthed my belongings from storage after two years gone, and have been teaching since September.

- I am co-habiting an underpriced apartment in a bad neighbourhood with a couple old friends. Definitely a Man Cave. Working on a cute Indian girl lately...

- Had to miss Van Halen's show while I was overseas this year, but I'll be seeing Black Sabbath twice in 2016! Got a feeling it'll be a good concert year.
    Nice to hear from you, GF!

The Sabs and twice? Damn, that's great. Hopefully those concerts will kick ass!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    Hi all!

A little update with me: I've meant to update this site more often but as in the past I just can't find time. I have three teenage daughters right now ( ugggh!) that keep me busy. Been at the same job for 22 years which is good....keeps me on my toes. I just ran my first marathon last month....finished 20 minutes faster than I was aiming for (happy about that). I did not go to the Van Halen concert this year. The closest to me was the Chicago show but I couldn't make that date. I was hoping for a visit to Wisconsin somewhere but since they were in Chicago it didn't happen. I absolutely suck at fantasy football this year (and the last three years). Every guy I draft either underperforms or gets hurt. Go figure. I'm lucky that my daughters are actually doing very well in school. My oldest is a senior and is getting straight A's and is an all-state Gymnast but she also likes to party and has been caught twice drinking (once at Summerfest in Milwaukee where we had to pick her up....not happy about that one). Middle daughter is a sophmore, getting good grades and although she doesn't do the party scene she is a handful. Youngest daughter is doing great, I do have a feeling I will be scaring away all the boys coming after her.

I know I promise to be around more and to update this site more often but life is really moving fast and I find myself not being able to stay on top of it. I apologize for that. Still listen to VH almost every day!
    Hey, Freak! Nice to hear from you, my friend!

Same job and for 22 years? Well, I've been at the same job for 28 years now, hehehehe. It happens, I guess.
    Once in a while I do listen to CVH stuff. Mostly VH II or DD. And Dream Theater ... I got addicted and I've been
    listening to the band a lot for the last 04 years.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    For a while the forum was down and I couldn't access it. Then life took over with getting a part time job and finishing my last semester of university (I graduate on Saturday!). Between working retail, keeping up with my other hobbies, and classes I haven't had much time to dedicate to forums. I keep up with VH news when it pops up on FB or when I look at the News Desk for specifics. Haven't really changed much else in my life. Still do music and such.
    MAN! Congrats on your graduation! That's fine!
    How's your brother? Hope all is fine with you guys!

Are you still learning Spanish and Portuguese? Hehehehe! That would be cool for sure!
    Man ... I bought lots of crashes and splashes and a new 22' mega bell ride (mostly from a brazilian manufacturer named Orion) and 02 new china (14' and 16') from Sabian.
    ---

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Just checked in today after a long absence, and found it funny to read the title of this thread.
    Well, I did see VH in New Jersey over the summer.
    MAN! I envy you! Was the concert you went to a kick ass one?

Good to see you around, Incomudro!!
    ---

Metal Up Your A$$!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I'm still here.
    Been very busy, and "takin' care of business".
    Saw VH at the Hollywood Bowl, the 2nd last show of the tour. I was pretty far back, but they were still great. When EVH did his solo, it was mindblowing how clean he was picking, and as my friend (a casual fan) noted, it was like you were listening to your home stereo just blaring in your face (in a good way)!

Hope everyone is well!
    How are you doing, Over? Hope all is fine.
    Nice to know about the gig you went to and how fine the sound was as you could listen to EVH's playing like you were at home!
    That's a kick ass feeling, no doubt!

Cheers, man!
    ---