Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Is anybody still here? - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    How come you were in Milwaukee?
    I didn't end up going because I've fallen really ill. I play college sports and we had a road trip.

Only a little tardy
    For a while the forum was down and I couldn't access it. Then life took over with getting a part time job and finishing my last semester of university (I graduate on Saturday!). Between working retail, keeping up with my other hobbies, and classes I haven't had much time to dedicate to forums. I keep up with VH news when it pops up on FB or when I look at the News Desk for specifics. Haven't really changed much else in my life. Still do music and such.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    Just checked in today after a long absence, and found it funny to read the title of this thread.
    Well, I did see VH in New Jersey over the summer.

Band Manager
    I'm still here.
    Been very busy, and "takin' care of business".
    Saw VH at the Hollywood Bowl, the 2nd last show of the tour. I was pretty far back, but they were still great. When EVH did his solo, it was mindblowing how clean he was picking, and as my friend (a casual fan) noted, it was like you were listening to your home stereo just blaring in your face (in a good way)!

Hope everyone is well!
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Like Mike
    Man, the acoustics in the Hollywood Bowl are incredible. When I saw Sabbath there I couldn't believe how crisp the sound was. Could hear every instrument clearly.

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg1981 View Post
    I'm still here UG, I check the site very often.

Just became a G-Paw on 11-23-2015
    Meet Lydia Anne Collins....aka "Lil Dawgette"
    NICE!

Little Dawgette is a fine way to call such a charming little girl!

Congrats! Cheers!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up

WHOA!

I can post once again!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Unchainedguitars is dead.
    Long live, Japeape!

But do any of the old posters still check in with our beloved, CVH.Com?

I would love to hear any updates in your lives, since it's been so long.

Here's mine:

1. I'm now at the Links (Jape-ape), and happy to report it's a well run site by
    a moderator that has a lot of patience (Brett).

2. Skittles (little miss L.) and i have been together for just over a year now,
    though my sense of time is seriously fucked.
    Getting ready to co-habit a, most likely, over-priced apartment in a bad neighborhood.

3. I was laid off after ten years of loyal service.

4. We recently moved my dad into a community living type complex, for his own safety.
    We sold the family home, which was loaded with all of my classic VH memories.

5. I'm thinking of doing the cliched, middle aged thing, after losing my job:
    Going back to school or taking courses.
    Hey, man ... How are you?

Links? Can't believe that. And even IF I do, I can't remember my password or the old email I used to use for that place.
    I know Brett is a nice guy with lots of work to do there, but I enjoy posting here much more. Hopefully, I'll try to be around and stuff.

Good to know about Miss L, my friend. On the other hand it's sad to know about your job. Going back to school is a pretty cool idea and
    I can only wish you ALL the best.

Me? I'm fine, I'm Always fine and ok. Kids are also nice - My daughter is graduating (Philosophy) and she'll start a Master degree as well.
    My little son is now 11 years old, enjoys his Xbox 360 a lot and playing that Clash of Clans thing on his cell phone. Of course, he is doing
    great on his Elementary School (next year, 7th grade). I'm working and playing and digging a LOT of DT's stuff for the last 03 or 04 years, hehehe.

And finally; it's great to be back here!
    ---

Metal Up Your A$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Damn, they ended up laying you off? Fuck.

I check in every day but no one posts anything.

I'm in Louisiana again, and hating it haha. Hoop dreams take me to the worst places. Trying to make it through this year to finish my BA. Might come back next year and finish my Master's (just because it's full scholarship and might raise my stock as a player), but considering going home and playing in a pro league there and studying.

Don't know what my preferences are musically. Kind of over both rock/metal and hip hop.
    Jack! How are you, my friend? Hope all is fine!

WHOA! Louisiana? Again? Nice!

Master degree? How cool is that? Congrats, man!
    ---

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I feel the same, I'm listening to bands I used to just touch on. I think Black Sabbath, RHCP, and Radiohead are the only bands I listen to.

RHCP ... I don't know why, but I was never a fan OR got into their music.

Sabs ... I keep digging the stuff Iommi recorded with Cozy Powell as the band's drummer and I enjoy it a lot.
    ---