Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Is anybody still here?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415

    Is anybody still here?

    Unchainedguitars is dead.
    Long live, Japeape!

    But do any of the old posters still check in with our beloved, CVH.Com?

    I would love to hear any updates in your lives, since it's been so long.

    Here's mine:

    1. I'm now at the Links (Jape-ape), and happy to report it's a well run site by
    a moderator that has a lot of patience (Brett).

    2. Skittles (little miss L.) and i have been together for just over a year now,
    though my sense of time is seriously fucked.
    Getting ready to co-habit a, most likely, over-priced apartment in a bad neighborhood.

    3. I was laid off after ten years of loyal service.

    4. We recently moved my dad into a community living type complex, for his own safety.
    We sold the family home, which was loaded with all of my classic VH memories.

    5. I'm thinking of doing the cliched, middle aged thing, after losing my job:
    Going back to school or taking courses.

  2. #2
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Damn, they ended up laying you off? Fuck.

    I check in every day but no one posts anything.

    I'm in Louisiana again, and hating it haha. Hoop dreams take me to the worst places. Trying to make it through this year to finish my BA. Might come back next year and finish my Master's (just because it's full scholarship and might raise my stock as a player), but considering going home and playing in a pro league there and studying.

    Don't know what my preferences are musically. Kind of over both rock/metal and hip hop.

  3. #3
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Damn, they ended up laying you off? Fuck.

    I check in every day but no one posts anything.

    I'm in Louisiana again, and hating it haha. Hoop dreams take me to the worst places. Trying to make it through this year to finish my BA. Might come back next year and finish my Master's (just because it's full scholarship and might raise my stock as a player), but considering going home and playing in a pro league there and studying.

    Don't know what my preferences are musically. Kind of over both rock/metal and hip hop.
    Yeah, a bunch of us got booted.
    Seems like all of retail is following the Walmart playbook, these days.

    L. still is employed there, though, as she was in a different division of the store.
    I sit around and eat take-out all day....

    I think i've reached this age where i've completely OD'd on my beloved VH.
    (Guaranteed Rawk will copy & post this statement at the links, by tomorrow).

    I've played the six pack so much, i just need something else.

    Actually, i'm bored with all my "go to" bands & music, lately.

    I was hearing all these great things about a band called Deaf Heaven, DL'd most of it,
    was not moved at all.

  4. #4
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    I feel the same, I'm listening to bands I used to just touch on. I think Black Sabbath, RHCP, and Radiohead are the only bands I listen to.

  5. #5
    Love ya moms......
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,006
    Shit, its been so long that I posted I had to go dig up my PW. So a couple of people are here, w/e happened to Robbie, JD and Sum. Saw Rush back in May other than that nothing exciting other than SSDD.

  6. #6
    Band Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Unchainedguitars is dead.
    Long live, Japeape!

    But do any of the old posters still check in with our beloved, CVH.Com?

    I would love to hear any updates in your lives, since it's been so long.

    Here's mine:

    1. I'm now at the Links (Jape-ape), and happy to report it's a well run site by
    a moderator that has a lot of patience (Brett).

    2. Skittles (little miss L.) and i have been together for just over a year now,
    though my sense of time is seriously fucked.
    Getting ready to co-habit a, most likely, over-priced apartment in a bad neighborhood.

    3. I was laid off after ten years of loyal service.

    4. We recently moved my dad into a community living type complex, for his own safety.
    We sold the family home, which was loaded with all of my classic VH memories.

    5. I'm thinking of doing the cliched, middle aged thing, after losing my job:
    Going back to school or taking courses.
    I'm still here UG, I check the site very often.

    Just became a G-Paw on 11-23-2015
    Meet Lydia Anne Collins....aka "Lil Dawgette"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Permanent vacation
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    4,122
    I was checking in semi-regularly until the forum disappeared (for a couple weeks maybe?) to a glitch. It's been silently resurrected but I think the downtime probably scared away half the remaining regulars we had.

    Life updates?

    - Saw that the Links managed a successful funding drive for the next year's web-hosting. Power to 'em, but I'm not gonna sign up there even if they're the last VH board standing. Too many Hagarites and Republicans there for my tastes! That, and I don't type much on forums these days.

    - I've buckled down in Canada for at least the next year after spending most of 2014 and 2015 on the road. I miss the excitement of a teetering Ukraine at war and the bombastic Russian propaganda in the Eastern Bloc... But it doesn't make for the best of teaching and writing conditions. So I unearthed my belongings from storage after two years gone, and have been teaching since September.

    - I am co-habiting an underpriced apartment in a bad neighbourhood with a couple old friends. Definitely a Man Cave. Working on a cute Indian girl lately...

    - Had to miss Van Halen's show while I was overseas this year, but I'll be seeing Black Sabbath twice in 2016! Got a feeling it'll be a good concert year.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

    ~ William S. Burroughs

  8. #8
    Webmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,497
    Hi all!

    A little update with me: I've meant to update this site more often but as in the past I just can't find time. I have three teenage daughters right now ( ugggh!) that keep me busy. Been at the same job for 22 years which is good....keeps me on my toes. I just ran my first marathon last month....finished 20 minutes faster than I was aiming for (happy about that). I did not go to the Van Halen concert this year. The closest to me was the Chicago show but I couldn't make that date. I was hoping for a visit to Wisconsin somewhere but since they were in Chicago it didn't happen. I absolutely suck at fantasy football this year (and the last three years). Every guy I draft either underperforms or gets hurt. Go figure. I'm lucky that my daughters are actually doing very well in school. My oldest is a senior and is getting straight A's and is an all-state Gymnast but she also likes to party and has been caught twice drinking (once at Summerfest in Milwaukee where we had to pick her up....not happy about that one). Middle daughter is a sophmore, getting good grades and although she doesn't do the party scene she is a handful. Youngest daughter is doing great, I do have a feeling I will be scaring away all the boys coming after her.

    I know I promise to be around more and to update this site more often but life is really moving fast and I find myself not being able to stay on top of it. I apologize for that. Still listen to VH almost every day!
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

  9. #9
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    I'm going to be in Milwaukee on Tuesday and Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing a bit of that part of the country.

  10. #10
    Webmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I'm going to be in Milwaukee on Tuesday and Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing a bit of that part of the country.
    How come you were in Milwaukee?
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •