Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Blossom Music Center Cleveland Ohio Aug 3rd 2015 - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cool you got to see them too.

I know for a fact after watching clips from my last time seeing them in 2012 there's definitely certain vocal issues that pop up on the YouTube clips that go unnoticed when you're there in the venue.

I hadn't intended to go. Then my friends asked me to go to Cleveland. I went with 2 guys that have seen them every tour since 1979. None of us had very high expectations, but we all left very impressed. The vibe between them is fine, and actually better than I remember from the 1984 show I saw. Roth and EVH both had a really good time. I don't think they need any kind of "friendship". I think they can just meet up on stage and enjoy what each other can do there.

I didn't sit with my friends, but it was funny how we all mentioned later that the Van Halen's exited to one side of the stage, and Roth the other. Has anyone else noticed that at other shows?? I may be reading too much into it, but we all noted that. I thought, yep, they won't see each other again until they walk onstage for the next show. But that doesn't have to be a big deal.

I can't stress enough how great EVH played. To see him play "Dirty Movies" was probably the highlight for me. He seemingly played all the sound effects JUST LIKE the record. I had always thought they were spur of the moment noises that he would never remember how he created them, but he did. EVH is still The King. That might seem like fanboy bullshit, but I judge him harshly....he is in great form, and there still isn't anyone at his level.

Roth seemed to use the little wood dance floor less than before....it was less "jazz hands". He was actually really cool. He was animated , and clowning around a whole bunch. During "Somebody Get me A Doctor" he wrapped his head like a guy all bandaged up, with his long white scarf. Funny shit.

"In A Simple Rhyme" was a bit of a mess, and "Little Guitars" was a little off, but this is nit picking. They kicked ass, with a high energy show. "Everybody Wants" was top notch, with EVH making great atmospheric sounds. "I'll Wait" was great, and I almost forgot...."Drop Dead Legs" fucking ruled! EVH was blistering! That was his best solo of the night, just a great extended jam.

If they don't make a new record, I will be so confused. They are playing so well, it would be a tragic fucking shame.

I forgive almost everything I have been angry about, after seeing them. I went from a mild interest to maximum VH zone in about 30 seconds. It was such a sudden exhilarating rush. I got into the pavilion, and as I walked down the aisle they came on with "Light Up", and I rushed to the front. I never did get to my actual seat. I needed my phone to connect with my friends, post show, and it was dying, so I only took a few pics at the start.

CAM00104.jpg
    Last edited by 1234over; August 5th, 2015 at 12:14 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    Now you'll hear me screaming like a lil bitch in this video because Eddie came over to the guy to the left of me at the end of the song and gave him an open handed 5 and I also got in on it and got a 5 from Ed as well.

https://youtu.be/co--Vt9HLQM
    I'm so happy for you to be that close. Great footage man!
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    I read a show review tonight at the vhl and the guy mentioned Eddie seemed kinda miffed that the fans in front were filming him and was pointing towards Wolfie indicating that they should be filming him instead during this part......

....and LOOK!!!- You can SEE it right here in this video.

Band Manager
    I read a show review tonight at the vhl and the guy mentioned Eddie seemed kinda miffed that the fans in front were filming him and was pointing towards Wolfie indicating that they should be filming him instead during this part......

....and LOOK!!!- You can SEE it right here in this video.
    It must be weird to look out into a mass of people all turning their heads away from you all night...every night.
    Wolf does a really good job, but I barely looked at him. It's a pretty thankless job.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    It must be weird to look out into a mass of people all turning their heads away from you all night...every night.
    Wolf does a really good job, but I barely looked at him. It's a pretty thankless job.
    Yeah Dave should develop some sort of choreography camaraderie type of routine with Wolf not sure what that would be.....but something to give him a little more attention would be a nice gesture I assume.

Although....I'm very far behind on watching the clips so far..can't really comment yet.....not sure what's going on over on Wolf's side but can't say I've noticed much from what I've seen so far. Most folks film Eddie & Dave for the most part from what I've seen thus far.

But I thought Ed pointing to Wolf in that Dirty Movies clip was freaking hilarious. Really looks like he is in fact a little miffed;......saying;...." HEY you fuckers.....turn the camera's on Wolf.....over there.....NOW!!!! ....DO IT!!!! "

Hehehe.

Nice review up above in the other long post. Looks like a lot of good videos from this show are popping up.

Evidently a cricket landed on Dave's shoulder at one point I wouldn't mind to find a shot of that.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; August 5th, 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Band Manager
    Yeah Dave should develop some sort of choreography camaraderie type of routine with Wolf not sure what that would be.....but something to give him a little more attention would be a nice gesture I assume.

Although....I'm very far behind on watching the clips so far..can't really comment yet.....not sure what's going on over on Wolf's side but can't say I've noticed much from what I've seen so far. Most folks film Eddie & Dave for the most part from what I've seen thus far.

But I thought Ed pointing to Wolf in that Dirty Movies clip was freaking hilarious. Really looks like he is in fact a little miffed;......saying;...." HEY you fuckers.....turn the camera's on Wolf.....over there.....NOW!!!! ....DO IT!!!! "

Hehehe.

Nice review up above in the other long post. Looks like a lot of good videos from this show are popping up.

Evidently a cricket landed on Dave's shoulder at one point I wouldn't mind to find a shot of that.
    I remember that moment, but I didn't think he was mad.

That would be a good idea, to devise a bit of shtick to get Wolf more involved in the show. It's hard to tell if he actually wants that or not.

I think not having Mike there kind of hurts Roth in that he has one less person to interact with. Mike was a good foil for Roth while EVH tears it up. Now Roth has no alternative to Eddie.
    Last edited by 1234over; August 5th, 2015 at 12:53 AM.

Band Manager
    Couldn't they just do the same stuff with Wolf that they did with Mike......

Wolf just needs to grow a beard & wear some orange or green coveralls and a headband then crouch down during the key part of the tune and Dave can do a kick over his head......

Last edited by Heisenberg; August 5th, 2015 at 01:12 AM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I remember that moment, but I didn't think he was mad.
    Oh I don't know he looked pretty serious.....check out the clip again it's around the 2:20 mark.....

Maybe I'm off base but the way he's pointing over and over the look on his face seemed very stern.....

But I personally didn't think what Wolf was doing was all that spectacular.....mind you even though the video is great the sound being as it is it's hard to tell....

Band Manager
    Oh I don't know he looked pretty serious.....check out the clip again it's around the 2:20 mark.....

Maybe I'm off base but the way he's pointing over and over the look on his face seemed very stern.....

But I personally didn't think what Wolf was doing was all that spectacular.....mind you even though the video is great the sound being as it is it's hard to tell....

nah, if you mean at 2:34, he was just getting intense, and without even looking to see where the audience was looking, pointed over to Wolf because he knew that was his solo spot. EVH was making playful "intense" faces all night.
    Last edited by spanishfly; August 5th, 2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: fixed video

sounds awesome. Glad you had a great time.
    also, moving this to the 2015 tour forum.

for the record, to add a video, take the youtube link (eg. https://youtu.be/IWCcjLsKOjo) and just the end of it (IWCcjLsKOjo)
    wrap it in [youtube]IWCcjLsKOjo[/ youtube] (take out the space from the end tag)
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa