Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blossom Music Center Cleveland Ohio Aug 3rd 2015
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

Threaded View

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cool you got to see them too.

I know for a fact after watching clips from my last time seeing them in 2012 there's definitely certain vocal issues that pop up on the YouTube clips that go unnoticed when you're there in the venue.

I hadn't intended to go. Then my friends asked me to go to Cleveland. I went with 2 guys that have seen them every tour since 1979. None of us had very high expectations, but we all left very impressed. The vibe between them is fine, and actually better than I remember from the 1984 show I saw. Roth and EVH both had a really good time. I don't think they need any kind of "friendship". I think they can just meet up on stage and enjoy what each other can do there.

I didn't sit with my friends, but it was funny how we all mentioned later that the Van Halen's exited to one side of the stage, and Roth the other. Has anyone else noticed that at other shows?? I may be reading too much into it, but we all noted that. I thought, yep, they won't see each other again until they walk onstage for the next show. But that doesn't have to be a big deal.

I can't stress enough how great EVH played. To see him play "Dirty Movies" was probably the highlight for me. He seemingly played all the sound effects JUST LIKE the record. I had always thought they were spur of the moment noises that he would never remember how he created them, but he did. EVH is still The King. That might seem like fanboy bullshit, but I judge him harshly....he is in great form, and there still isn't anyone at his level.

Roth seemed to use the little wood dance floor less than before....it was less "jazz hands". He was actually really cool. He was animated , and clowning around a whole bunch. During "Somebody Get me A Doctor" he wrapped his head like a guy all bandaged up, with his long white scarf. Funny shit.

"In A Simple Rhyme" was a bit of a mess, and "Little Guitars" was a little off, but this is nit picking. They kicked ass, with a high energy show. "Everybody Wants" was top notch, with EVH making great atmospheric sounds. "I'll Wait" was great, and I almost forgot...."Drop Dead Legs" fucking ruled! EVH was blistering! That was his best solo of the night, just a great extended jam.

If they don't make a new record, I will be so confused. They are playing so well, it would be a tragic fucking shame.

I forgive almost everything I have been angry about, after seeing them. I went from a mild interest to maximum VH zone in about 30 seconds. It was such a sudden exhilarating rush. I got into the pavilion, and as I walked down the aisle they came on with "Light Up", and I rushed to the front. I never did get to my actual seat. I needed my phone to connect with my friends, post show, and it was dying, so I only took a few pics at the start.

CAM00104.jpg
    Last edited by 1234over; August 5th, 2015 at 12:14 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.