Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Light up the sky 2015! - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    damn, talk about an awesome setlist. awesome stuff. I'll work on finding some more videos.

for now, here's everybody wants some!!

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

romeo delight (partial)
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

mediocre quality, but Little Guitars (partial)
    Frank Zappa

the guitar solo
    Frank Zappa

you really got me

panama

Frank Zappa

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Three of my favourite cuts, Light Up The Sky (as an opener!), DDL, and Dirty Movies, all in one set. Never thought I'd see the day! Good on Wolf for getting those out of his father. Dave sounds pretty good on 'em, too (better than at the 2012 show I saw) and seems quite game for the challenge. I won't be able to see them on this tour, but it's great to see them come out swinging with a setlist like that.

Thanks for posting those clips, UG. Great stuff. Glad I dropped by to check out how the opening show went. (Hi, everyone!)
    Nice to see ya! Right on!
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Wow, this makes up for Ed's recent PR disaster. Still wish they'd have a different start to the show than just walking out and playing... They're supposed to be the mighty Van Halen.

And welcome back, Freak. Happy to hear you recovered from your operation. What on Earth are you doing all the way in Ukraine?
    I went and read that PR disaster after seeing it discussed here on CVH. Awful! Made me wonder if Ed was just trying to get DLR wound up before the tour. Thank goodness they got rolling soon after, with no time to gripe about his words.

As for Ukraine, well... I spent most of last year on the road, doing research in Russia and Kazakhstan. When I got back to Canada, the bureaucratic red tape and the political correctness drove me mad. I lasted five months, then moved overseas to Ukraine. I live with a suitcase, basically! Split my time between writing and teaching these days.

Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Nice to see ya! Right on!
    Good to see ya, Punk! Glad that some of the old guard are still in town.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    I went and read that PR disaster after seeing it discussed here on CVH. Awful! Made me wonder if Ed was just trying to get DLR wound up before the tour. Thank goodness they got rolling soon after, with no time to gripe about his words.

As for Ukraine, well... I spent most of last year on the road, doing research in Russia and Kazakhstan. When I got back to Canada, the bureaucratic red tape and the political correctness drove me mad. I lasted five months, then moved overseas to Ukraine. I live with a suitcase, basically! Split my time between writing and teaching these days.
    I can actually vibe with that, that sounds really interesting!

This has got me thinking about former posters who haven't commented in a while...

Where's ravenna? What the hell happened to panama's meanstreet? Badass MOFO? AJ?

Only a little tardy
    I have Panama's Meanstreet on facebook, don't really think he's interested in VH anymore like he used to be. He moved on to more modern stuff, usually hardcore screamo stuff.

The others I haven't a clue.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Only a little tardy
    Seeing these vids made me wish I bought tickets, but besides being laid off and saving up for other stuff - I hate outside shows. I made an exception only to the Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper show but damn, a Sept day in the south is going to reach a 100 degrees and with fucking water costing $6 at these venues I am going to pass that.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN