Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Post your setlist for the 2015 tour - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Oh yeah!

That & LUTS are two really difficult one's vocally, also On Fire.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    TJ is a tough sing for Dave, too.

His delivery is fast & frenetic on that, which i love.
    I'd also really miss Mike's vocals on that one, because he really puts his stamp
    on that song.

I'd still like to hear them do it, though.

JD, give us an in depth review the day after!
    You can count on it!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I wanted Intruder/Pretty Woman in their but I couldn't fit it.
    But yeah, they're not not gonna play Pretty Woman, or most of the stuff they're doing. We're just dreaming here.

Top Jimmy would be cool, but I'm with UG...how they gonna do it? I don't see that one making it.
    I don't think we're dreaming at all. The 2012 tour had atleast 6-8 different songs in the set compared to 2007, including deep cuts NOBODY saw coming(GGB, OLA, WIL, Full Bug, Hang Em High etc). I see no reason why this tour won't be different. Maybe not every deep cut every night, but atleast rotating them all in and out of the set, like 2012.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Band Manager
    I never really concerned myself with the setlist. There are tunes I would rather they wouldn't do, but are a given (Pretty Woman, Runnin' with the Devil, Panama, You Really Got Me), but I'm just looking for magic moments, and those can happen in any song.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I don't think we're dreaming at all. The 2012 tour had atleast 6-8 different songs in the set compared to 2007, including deep cuts NOBODY saw coming(GGB, OLA, WIL, Full Bug, Hang Em High etc). I see no reason why this tour won't be different. Maybe not every deep cut every night, but atleast rotating them all in and out of the set, like 2012.
    I'm just going by our sets. I think it's most likely a dream to hear all that at any of our shows. A couple at the most....that will probably be it.
    They can prove me wrong though.

As long as we are in fantasy land, Me Wise Magic and Shyboy. I know Shyboy is originally a Talas tune, but I like DLR's version.

Band Manager
    I gotta give props to JD. He called it. I didn't see all these deep cuts being played on a regular basis. Looks like they will be.
    I won't doubt you again sir.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I thought the band smoked on these rarities, musically all three Van Halen's were top notch.
    Dave was great on DDL & Movies, IASR gave him (and the backing vocals) some trouble.
    Great effort, though.

I really hope they leave IASR in the set.

Top Jimmy would not be possible with the tuning, unless Ed skipped the solo.

DTNA was probably the worst version yet.
    Everyone was out of sync, maybe monitor issues.
    Roth gets overly excited on that one and disaster ensues.

Little Guitars sounded killer.

Again, musically, they are as "on the money" as i've ever seen.
    Effortless.

Remember when Ed was just falling to pieces, screwing up even his most basic licks?

Today he's like almost too perfect (if that's even a complaint!)

Band Manager
    With the exception of DTNA, everything I've heard has sounded good. Dave that is. If continues to try I think it will get better.

Musically, it's unbelievable!

I'm impressed with Wolf, too. He' gotten so much better since the first tour. His playing goes without saying, but his vocals...some of these tunes sound really, really good. I know there's a difference without Mike, but they nailed some of those background vocals the other night.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I gotta give props to JD. He called it. I didn't see all these deep cuts being played on a regular basis. Looks like they will be.
    I won't doubt you again sir.
    Lol, thanks!

Yep, they've only gotten better as the tour as gone on. Musically, they're still the greatest band on the planet, and Dave has gotten some of that old mojo working again. His voice is in much better shape this tour, he's trying to stick to the original melodies much better, and his stage presence is just cooler this go round. Ed and Wolf's backing vocals have been impeccable this tour! Even Simple Rhyme has gotten better.

I was glad to see Al's solo is better on this tour. Even at 62, he is still a master!