Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
No Oakland Show in the Vaults Confirmed - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Releasing old stuff would drive more interest in what the band is doing NOW. It would also give new, young, potential fans, an idea of what made them legendary. I think it would really help sell concert tickets. And not only tickets, but the remasters. They have nothing to lose, and lots to gain by letting some of the choice bits out.

And I don't mean release it for sale, just let some cleaned up, early footage out on their website now and then, during the tour.
    Exactly! It would help all the way around. And is, generally, the way it's done. That's what I don't get. You're releasing masters and your not throwing in any goodies from that era. No bonus stuff, alternates, a live record...all this would bump sales in all areas. Another bonehead move.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Exactly! It would help all the way around. And is, generally, the way it's done. That's what I don't get. You're releasing masters and your not throwing in any goodies from that era. No bonus stuff, alternates, a live record...all this would bump sales in all areas. Another bonehead move.
    They are essentially touring as a nostalgia act. If you are going to do that, then give us something to be nostalgic about.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Only a little tardy
    As disappointed as I am about hearing it, I'm relieved. No more do we have to battle over whether they exist or not. We've heard it years ago from Mike and Al that they didn't exist, and now since Schrodinger's cat has been determined to be dead we can maybe look to something else from them. However, I don't know what else we can get from them. I'd like a nother album, but I want it to either be completely new material or fully nostalgic overdose. Unleash the vault of material to the world.

I heard they were going to try and release all the old demos such as the WB and Zero but the master tapes were in very poor condition. I'm still sure they have a lot more that is packed up in there, likely they went through it all and couldn't find anything worthwhile. I don't care to hear jam sessions, which is what I'm certain at least half of the tapes are. I would even like to hear an album just comprising of old songs worked out in a 2015 fashion, as well as releasing the older songs.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    As disappointed as I am about hearing it, I'm relieved. No more do we have to battle over whether they exist or not. We've heard it years ago from Mike and Al that they didn't exist, and now since Schrodinger's cat has been determined to be dead we can maybe look to something else from them. However, I don't know what else we can get from them. I'd like a nother album, but I want it to either be completely new material or fully nostalgic overdose. Unleash the vault of material to the world.

I heard they were going to try and release all the old demos such as the WB and Zero but the master tapes were in very poor condition. I'm still sure they have a lot more that is packed up in there, likely they went through it all and couldn't find anything worthwhile. I don't care to hear jam sessions, which is what I'm certain at least half of the tapes are. I would even like to hear an album just comprising of old songs worked out in a 2015 fashion, as well as releasing the older songs.
    There is a TRex film that is mostly made up of concert footage called "Born To Boogie". When they released it on DVD, they digitally cleaned up the soundtrack and film, made a video about cleaning up the soundtrack and film, and had options for you to view the footage from every camera angle, in it's entirety.

How cool would it be to see all the footage (from each camera) from both the 3 songs from Oakland, and the '79 videos? Pretty fucking cool if you ask me. They could even add some other footage they surely have laying around, just to sweeten the pie. Some backstage footage, like the short clip that they played at the RnR HoF (gotta be more from that very day!).

I want to add, that after watching these videos again, I could see why the band might not want to film a whole show. The cameramen would be a big distraction to the audience. At times the cameramen were getting right up into the guys space (that's a big reason why it looks so cool and exciting). I would be pissed if, for the whole fucking show there were these guys popping up on stage, following the band members.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    I still find it hard to believe they shot three songs. Just sat around waiting to film each song. If true, that's some stupid shit.