Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Predictions: Will VH make it through this tour? - Page 9
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Did you see them or not.
    I'm incredibly conflicted over what happened on Saturday night.

I'm with this woman that i've been pining for, for over six years, but i
    know her well & my mind is telling me that bringing her to see VH is sort of selfish
    on my part.

I just know she hates this kind of music, and she's doing it for me (which i appreciate).
    Plus she's driving all the way out to Mansfield, which in itself, is a pain in the ass (i hate that venue, btw).
    So we get there, post KWS, which truthfully, i'm fine with (i only know that one song he had, Blue on Black,
    and it sounded like Nickelback meets SRV).

So VH gets on, kinda just randomly appear on stage.
    Right from the get go, i can see by her expression, that this will be a long night for her.
    Where we are seated, we seem to be getting a really high vocal mix, with Dave's voice kinda
    hitting us from all directions.

I can tell by her pained expression, that Van Hagar might possibly be the only VH she knows.

Long story short, at some point around either "She's the woman" or "Chinatown," she can't take it
    anymore and decides she'll go wait in the car for me.

BOOM, there it is:

Unchainedguitars stuck at the proverbial crossroads:

The young version of me, the guy that obsessed over "Dirty Movies" and "Simple Rhyme,"
    would have said, "Adios! See you after the show."

Then i realized i'm 43 years old, i really do love this girl, and as much as it breaks my rock
    n roll heart, i gotta do the adult thing and go with her.
    This was the first adult thing i've managed to do in years, which threw me for a loop.

So here i am, trying to keep up the "No, it's cool, we can leave" game face, but literally
    crying my eyes out on the inside.
    It was like two parts of me torn in different directions.

On the way back to Boston, we stopped at some weird place & got food.
    We ended up having one of the fun-est nights i can remember, which conflicted me
    even more, later on.
    And there was a lot of extra effort happening much later on (wink, wink), making me
    think my decision earned me a lot of points for the long term.

She's an extremely complex, enigma of a girl.

Still....

I missed "Movies", "Rhyme," not to mention Ed's solo spot.

Band Manager
    wow.

(Is this real, or did Rawkhead hack your account?)

I'm not going to get into male/female interpersonal dynamics, it's not my life...but couldn't you have just gone alone, and asked her to drop you off/pick you up?
    Last edited by 1234over; August 5th, 2015 at 02:07 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    wow.

(Is this real, or did Rawkhead hack your account?)

I'm not going to get into male/female interpersonal dynamics, it's not my life...but couldn't you have just gone alone, and asked her to drop you off/pick you up?
    Yeah, no shit. Not to mention, she should realize how much of a fan you are, but if you're happy then cool. Puzzling.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

know her well & my mind is telling me that bringing her to see VH is sort of selfish
    on my part.

I just know she hates this kind of music, and she's doing it for me (which i appreciate).
    Plus she's driving all the way out to Mansfield, which in itself, is a pain in the ass (i hate that venue, btw).
    So we get there, post KWS, which truthfully, i'm fine with (i only know that one song he had, Blue on Black,

Right from the get go, i can see by her expression, that this will be a long night for her.
    Where we are seated, we seem to be getting a really high vocal mix, with Dave's voice kinda

I can tell by her pained expression, that Van Hagar might possibly be the only VH she knows.

Long story short, at some point around either "She's the woman" or "Chinatown," she can't take it

BOOM, there it is:

The young version of me, the guy that obsessed over "Dirty Movies" and "Simple Rhyme,"

Then i realized i'm 43 years old, i really do love this girl, and as much as it breaks my rock
    This was the first adult thing i've managed to do in years, which threw me for a loop.

So here i am, trying to keep up the "No, it's cool, we can leave" game face, but literally

We ended up having one of the fun-est nights i can remember, which conflicted me
    even more, later on.
    And there was a lot of extra effort happening much later on (wink, wink), making me

Still....

Sorry, UG, not trying to be a dick, but "extremely complex, enigma of a girl" just sounds like VERY high maintenance and self centered, as evidenced by the concert actions.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    I took a girl to a concert because she could drive me, while I was in AZ. We weren't involved at all, but I felt bad because while she's a rocker, she doesn't really like metal and the concert made her deaf in one ear. Heard from her friends that she thought the show was weird. I felt like an ass.

on my part.

BOOM, there it is:

even more, later on.

Still....

are we still talking about "Skittles"? Either way, good job.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, it's "skittles."
    She's great, but not one to submit herself to something once she decides she
    hates it.
    I swear to God, from what she said later, she was expecting the "Dreams" version
    of Van Halen.
    It's like insult to injury, haha!

Yeah, it would be too far of a drive to just have her drop me off.
    I originally wanted to go with my friend, Matt, who joined me the last time around
    in march, on the ADKOT tour.
    But he couldn't do Saturday, due to his wife having some issue.
    I could have rented a zip car, but i don't like going to concerts alone.

She felt really badly about it, but i think it was just too loud for her.
    Add to that, Dave's current vocal stylings can be an aquired taste.

I really planned this all wrong.
    There was no urgency on my part, which was unlike me for something like this.
    Shitty seats, no travel plan, etc.

I dropped the ball, so i'm to blame as much as her.

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post

Will they finish this tour? NO. They havenít finished a tour since their reversion. Why would that change now?...
    I'm a dick! lol.

I'm glad they proved me wrong. Looks and sounds like the tour was a success. One show cancelled cause of an illness, not bad.

I thought they were getting better as the tour was ending.

Let's hope that this isn't the end.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    I'm a dick! lol.

I'm glad they proved me wrong. Looks and sounds like the tour was a success. One show cancelled cause of an illness, not bad.

I thought they were getting better as the tour was ending.

Let's hope that this isn't the end.
    Sammy just let rip courtesy of another RS interview, so them completing the tour
    must have really irked him.

He claims the current band has no chemistry, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Sammy just let rip courtesy of another RS interview, so them completing the tour
    must have really irked him. He claims the current band has no chemistry, yadda, yadda, yadda....
    I read that shit. What a tool Spam still is.

As for Van Halen, I don't know - As a hardcore fan, I wish they could record some new stuff with Dave as the lead singer.
    They probably have tons of stuff to put out, new or old.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Itís just me and Al ó a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and weíre good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Heís no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Iíll probably go with him.Ē GC