Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Sammy says, "Eddie won't let me do Van Hagar!"
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    No cheer******s allowed!

Sammy says, "Eddie won't let me do Van Hagar!"

Hagar talks to Eddie Trunk about that other Eddie...

Apparently, the brothers & their lawyers want Hagar to refrain from butchering (my words)
    Ed's music from the Van Hagar era, with his own band.

In Sam's defense (never thought i'd say that line), Ed ain't doing these tunes anymore,
    and Hagar co-wrote 'em.

Thoughts?
    http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/pro...658&pid=515312

Like Mike
    The amount he slags off the band to the press, this is merited lol.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Hagar has a point, at least as far as performing these songs.

I do think he'd need a better guitar player than Vic, to pull it off, musically.

This is lame by the Van Halen brothers because we know they will never play nor attempt to play these songs with Roth because it would be more of a train wreck than they already are with Roth butchering the songs. Sammy owns 50% of these songs and its not like they won't get paid off letting him do the tunes. This stems from VH denying him permission to play Poundcake and Finish What Ya Started on Live at Darryl's house. They sent a cease and desist letter. What a bunch of horseshit.

Band Manager
    So now it's "Van Hagar"...hahahaha! That is so great.

That music is definitely NOT "Van Halen", and the "Hagar touch" runs deep through it, just as Roth's does through "Van Halen".

I am completely against anything that suggests either of these band's music is all just Eddie Van Halen. In both cases, the singer would give shape to, and add a character and melody over, the riffs Eddie gave them to work with. The difference in the sound, songs, and APPEAL of the different bands is testament to that.

Hagar is an essential element to that music, and deserves to be able to perform it freely.
    Last edited by 1234over; June 22nd, 2015 at 02:25 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrowncandie10 View Post
    This is lame by the Van Halen brothers because we know they will never play nor attempt to play these songs with Roth because it would be more of a train wreck than they already are with Roth butchering the songs. Sammy owns 50% of these songs and its not like they won't get paid off letting him do the tunes. This stems from VH denying him permission to play Poundcake and Finish What Ya Started on Live at Darryl's house. They sent a cease and desist letter. What a bunch of horseshit.
    That isn't why they don't play them though. Roth would NEVER sing his arch-rival's songs. He is all about cementing himself as the one true singer of "Van Halen" music.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Roadie
    Sammy doesn't own 50% of those songs - he owns 25%. As is with all of the VH catalog, each claimed a 25% share of the writing credits. If EVH & AVH exercise their 25% rights they out 'vote' Sammy. I also believe Michael has renounced his 25% rights back a few years. This whole thing is sickening. Such drama for a group of men in their 60's. Perhaps Bravo TV can give us the "Real Husbands of Classic Rock Music".

Shut up and play the damn music!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner Swing 32 View Post
    Sammy doesn't own 50% of those songs - he owns 25%. As is with all of the VH catalog, each claimed a 25% share of the writing credits. If EVH & AVH exercise their 25% rights they out 'vote' Sammy. I also believe Michael has renounced his 25% rights back a few years. This whole thing is sickening. Such drama for a group of men in their 60's. Perhaps Bravo TV can give us the "Real Husbands of Classic Rock Music".

Shut up and play the damn music!
    Yeah, Ed went for broke in Billboard, yet i still love the man.

Are you gonna check the boys out in August?

I hate that outdoor venue, wish it was the Garden.

Roadie
    If August 1st rolls around and I don't have something less expensive to do I will pop down to Mansfield and take in the show. I haven't missed a tour since I was old enough to go to concerts.