Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    As for Ed's Klosterman interview (Yes, i do love Chuck, btw. He once enraged Jimmy Page in a sit down.)
    I think Ed stated how he really felt & percieved things.
    I believe he believes his son could wipe the floor with Michael, which is kind of sad and missing
    the point of the CVH chemistry.

He seems to be content just playing his music at 5150, with his son, outside the spotlight.
    It's almost like he's looking for a way out of this whole VH affair.
    I don't think Sammy, Dave, Mike or even the fans register on his radar anymore.
    They are all kind of just necessary evils to a degree: Tour, make money, just gotta get through it.
    It's like dealing with all this (Dave, the media, even the fans) is like going to the dentist for him:
    I'll do it, but let's get it over with.

He's so wrapped up in his own smaller view of things.

The fact he started that awesome "Special project" then convinced himself to abort it for a
    zero effort live album, tells you his heart isnt in it anymore (the commercial aspect of it).

I don't think he's an asshole, but i do think he's hyper aware of only how he feels.

Groupie
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    Funny you say that because I had one made up for the August 3rd show in Cleveland. I figure if i'm gonna be in the front row i'm gonna make Van Halen take notice ... Now they may not say one word but they'll will see it.

Attachment 44064
    That's what I'm talking about that shirt rules! Great job! Classic! I want to maybe get that tattooed on my clavicle.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    As for Ed's Klosterman interview (Yes, i do love Chuck, btw. He once enraged Jimmy Page in a sit down.)
    I think Ed stated how he really felt & percieved things.
    I believe he believes his son could wipe the floor with Michael, which is kind of sad and missing
    the point of the CVH chemistry.

He seems to be content just playing his music at 5150, with his son, outside the spotlight.
    It's almost like he's looking for a way out of this whole VH affair.
    I don't think Sammy, Dave, Mike or even the fans register on his radar anymore.
    They are all kind of just necessary evils to a degree: Tour, make money, just gotta get through it.
    It's like dealing with all this (Dave, the media, even the fans) is like going to the dentist for him:
    I'll do it, but let's get it over with.

He's so wrapped up in his own smaller view of things.

The fact he started that awesome "Special project" then convinced himself to abort it for a
    zero effort live album, tells you his heart isnt in it anymore (the commercial aspect of it).

I don't think he's an asshole, but i do think he's hyper aware of only how he feels.
    I think you've nailed it quite well.
    When Dave and VH parted ways was the probably the time when I read the most interviews with Ed.
    It seemed then, and seems now that it was always about "the music" to Ed as Ed sees, or hears it.
    That is kind of different to "The Band" or "Van Halen" as Dave views it, and well - as I view it.

I sometimes wonder why Ed continued to come back to VH, rather than drift off into some Adrian Belew type oddball thing.

He says "You're 60, act 60."
    But, this is Van Halen. A legendary rock band on tour.
    What does Ed think Dave should do out there? (Granted I don't like some of what Dave is doing out there.)
    Would you tell Jagger or Tyler to act 60, or 70 when fronting The Stones or Aerosmith?
    It is a show.

Groupie
    My phone and email have been blowing up w/ friends and family sending me that EVH Billboard article. I love Ed for the gifts he's given us and the hours of ear candy. I totally agree about the Roth on vocals in peoples VH DNA...it was a lil left field on the MA comments and if that was truely the case then Billy Sheehan would've been in their after Talas openned for VH on the '80 Invasion Tour. MA has always maintained a level of class in regards to not being in the band and "demoted" to a hire hand in '04 that I admire. My 2 cents is that those comments might be residual effects of alcoholism...long-term abuse rots the brain and it's a control thing too. I dunno, it has generated a buzz pre-tour though but might have raised the wrong eye brows. I'm still going to see them and will nab all new VH stuff as it comes. Fan for life.

Yours truly, As Is
    I agree with UG, in that I do enjoy the Links, even if there are some chuckleheads there who can't take even a little critique of Sam. But the differences of opinion can lead to some fine debates. But, I do miss coming here every day, and chatting it up with fans who "get" Dave and that whole era and why it was the greatest band of all time.

As far as Robbie, everyone knows I always had his back and was his friend. Well, a couple months ago he unfriended me on the Links for no reason and when I called him out, he said he made a rash decision after a fight with UG. He said we were cool, but then a couple weeks ago he really started laying into all the CVH guys over at the Links. When I called him on it in another PM, he responded by calling us all Neanderthals. I just told him I never had had a problem with him and guess I had misjudged him. He hasn't responded.

Look, I'm not trying to do a hatchet job on him, and I liked having him here, but I didn't appreciate the personal attack when I didn't do anything to provoke him other than having criticisms of Sam.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    One more thing. Robbie even made a post and put my name in quotes, as in "Kevin", so I guess maybe he thinks I'm one of Heisenberg's supposed aliases. It's just bizarre and disappointing.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

The links are welcome to Robbie, he doesn't seem to have changed at all.

It's good to see the Classic Van Halen faithful returning home. There are a few on here that are also members of Roth Army too.

This site seemed to go quiet as a result of the disappointment surrounding the Van Halen Live in Tokyo album.

Now that we have a tour to focus on, featuring deep cuts, I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss.

Yours truly, As Is
    What seems to be lost in all the bandwagon hating on Ed is that they said they indeed plan on playing Dirty Movies and TOP JIMMY!

I for one, am happy with Tokyo Dome Live. It's a fun concert, the three VHs are blazing, the setlist was great, and for all the shit Dave has taken, he's not that bad on most songs save for a few lines here and there. Atleast VH had the balls to put out a real live album, warts an all, and should be commended on not touching up the shit out of it like they did to RHRN.

No cheer******s allowed!
    At a couple points i attempted to be chill with Robbie at the links, just to avoid all the crap
    we had over here.
    I sensed Brett would not go for that, so i figured "new site, new beginnings."

He fooled me once.
    He fooled me twice.
    Never again.

Each time, he'd purposely thrown in some snide, unwarranted comment, knowing i'd foolishly take
    the bait and strike back on the open forums.
    I realized this is exactly what he wanted, because he wanted nothing more than for me to be banned.
    He's devious.

He'd put in a mean spirited comment, only i'd understand, then watch me blow up & pretend
    to be the voice of reason.

And he's endless call for the moderators to act on supposed bullies, i mean what 41 year old man
    does that?

What did surprise me was these random private messages i ended up receiving at the Links,
    by folks i did not know, congratulating me for putting him in his place on the forums.
    He has many detractors & apparently a history of pulling the same stunts.

I'm sure i have my share of detractors as well, but i'm fairly outspoken.

But just recently, the shit is starting up again.

One of his cabo wabo minions posted: I think Japeape, thismusicsux & Jungle Drummer are the same person.

He's most likely messaging his Sammy buddies, and spreading his bullshit conspiracy theories.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I think you've nailed it quite well.
    When Dave and VH parted ways was the probably the time when I read the most interviews with Ed.
    It seemed then, and seems now that it was always about "the music" to Ed as Ed sees, or hears it.
    That is kind of different to "The Band" or "Van Halen" as Dave views it, and well - as I view it.

I sometimes wonder why Ed continued to come back to VH, rather than drift off into some Adrian Belew type oddball thing.

He says "You're 60, act 60."
    But, this is Van Halen. A legendary rock band on tour.
    What does Ed think Dave should do out there? (Granted I don't like some of what Dave is doing out there.)
    Would you tell Jagger or Tyler to act 60, or 70 when fronting The Stones or Aerosmith?
    It is a show.
    I agree.

Roth is the frontman, what does he expect?
    Maybe he means act his age outside of the spotlight, maybe he's "on" all of
    the time & it rubs Ed the wrong way.

But this things is happening in all of these legendary bands:

Mick & Keith.
    Steven & Joe.

There is no love lost between any of them, but they are professional enough
    to realize the "baby" (The band) is much bigger than the both of them.

I do think Ed is probably more sensitive than those guys, in an odd way.
    I think it does bother him, why can't we be friends?

Roth probably has the attitude more in line with the other examples.
    It's showbiz, we're stuck together, it is what it is, but it's worth it!