Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Awfully Quiet here lately
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Groupie

Awfully Quiet here lately

What's up w/ that? Our band is about to tear it up and I can't wait. Thoughts on merch? I would like it if they sold the Mark Stone logo t-shirt and printed it vertically like the crew wore.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Everyone has gone to the Links, including myself, though the webmaster said he'd prefer
    it if us CVH'ers went back on here.

VHfreak get this site back up to speed!!!!!

You need to be a presence on your own site, man.

Brett & i may disagree on almost everything, but he IS a presence on his website.

We need this site to thrive, so the Linkers can chat away about Sam era stuff in peace.
    The two eras of fans do not mix, as predicted.

JD, thismusicsux, Heisenberg, Pride, we need you guys.
    Robbie, for the love of God, stay where you are.

Jack???
    1234???
    Cowboy???
    Achilles????

Are you guys out there?!!

Like Mike
    I check the site daily, there's just never anything posted.

Hahahaha, I agree. Robbie, please stay at the Links.

No cheer******s allowed!
    The Links have some good info & posters, but the two eras seem to clash regularly.
    I'm not helping, LOL!

I'd like to see this site get back up to speed, though.

Band Manager
    I still check in most days. Nothing new to say, but now this Billboard "sneak preview" is interesting. I am anxious to read the complete interview. EVH might be MORE cynical than even I thought.

I think it's funny that the Links don't want you there stirring things up. The Sam vs. Dave bickering pretty much fuels the forum. I'm sure he is completely worn out on the subject, but without that friction, it would probably just be another EVH guitar fetish site (and isn't that subject getting dry?).
    Last edited by 1234over; June 19th, 2015 at 06:20 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I still check in most days. Nothing new to say, but now this Billboard "sneak preview" is interesting. I am anxious to read the complete interview. EVH might be MORE cynical than even I thought.

I think it's funny that the Links don't want you there stirring things up. The Sam vs. Dave bickering pretty much fuels the forum. I'm sure he is completely worn out on the subject, but without that friction, it would probably just be another EVH guitar fetish site (and isn't that subject getting dry?).
    “I think it’s now built into people’s DNA, that it just won’t be Van Halen if it’s not Roth’s voice”

That was a great quote by him.. But no new music since 1986? Yikes... Pretentious much?

Band Manager
    Yes, the Billboard thing was an interesting read.
    I swear, the more you read about Ed, or the more he says (even when some of it is stuff you already know) the more odd he seams.

Love ya moms......
    Still here, checking in every so often and it seems like a ghost town. I browse the links from time to time and it just seems to impersonal to me. This place, when active seemed to have more personality.
    Just got done reading the EVH billboard interview and it just sucks when you come to the realization that one of your childhood heroes may in fact be a "horrible human being w/o a guitar in his hands". I heard he is writing a new book though, it will be called Burning Bridges 101 by EVH.

Groupie
    That's more like it!!! Great Billboard article too...lots of rehashed stuff but great nonetheless. As "odd" as EVH may seem, which is subjective really, I will always be intriqued and a fan and will support. They're truley one of the best (if not best) American rock bands of all time. Hell top 10 ever IMO. Pumped with them possibly playing LUTS and Top Jimmy and DDL. Can't wait!

Band Manager
    I'm pretty much on board for the complete Van Halen Story. I have followed them so closely, for so long, that I have to stay until the end of the movie, no matter how bad it gets.

“Every note Mike ever played, I had to show him how to play…Before we’d go on tour, he’d come over with a video camera and I’d have to show him how to play all the parts" - EVH

What an asshole thing to say. This quote shows the tact that EVH likes to take when he attacks other people. A hint of truth, followed by hyperbole. Mike probably came over ONCE before a tour to learn some tunes (maybe to learn the tunes EVH played bass on?), and EVH paints it like Mike is completely useless.

My first question is... "Why would you ask him to join the band in the first place"?

Back in the club days, they surely had many guys to choose from, yet they chose some guy that can't play?

He is right about one thing. David Lee Roth is THE VOICE of Van Halen. At least he figured that out.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.