Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
EVH gonna (someday) release a new amp based off his grail plexi?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Groupie

EVH gonna (someday) release a new amp based off his grail plexi?

Ed has probably figured out this could be his single greatest money-maker ever in his career as a music equipment manufacturer, and this actually gives some credence to believing it might actually happen. Done right could be seriously awesome.
    "we sound like a goddamn rock band!"

--David Lee Roth, Stockholm, Sweden, 1984

That would be wonderful, but it's extremely doubtful. Marshall guards their designs quite closely, and is quite active in reissuing models they see as profitable/desirable. EVH doesn't own that design. While I'm sure Marshall wouldn't mind making an EVH amp, EVH also holds his trademarks very tightly. Since he already has his own lucrative amp business, it's unlikely.

Just my opinion.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Apologies. I just read the article you were referencing. Yes, it does appear he's working on that. As I see it, it could go two ways:

- diverge from the current SLO/5150 circuitry and make it closer to a marshall.
    this would be awesome, but has the potential to incur the wrath of Marshall. On the other hand there are plenty of clones out there, so maybe they don't care that much

- keep current circuitry and just tweak it (as he said primarily switch tubes to EL34s) to emulate brown sound either by default or as yet another channel on the amp.

in any case, sounds cool.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Only a little tardy
    Post the article?

It's a shame Rockstah passed away, I felt he had the closest I've ever heard.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Post the article?

It's a shame Rockstah passed away, I felt he had the closest I've ever heard.
    That guy was amazing & a lot of it was just in his hands.

I remember he sent an amp to one of the guitar players who posted on here,
    and he could not get the same tone out of it as Rockstah.

Rockstah actually duplcated the VHI and WACF tones, in two different amps.
    I loved his playng, of course, as well.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ck-n/?page=all

Here's the quote:
    Q: Speaking of equipment, what new EVH gear are you working on?
    A: People are always screaming and yelling for that classic vintage guitar sound. The 5150 III amps are very high-gain. The main thing that we’re working on is an amp that is modeled after the old vintage Marshall that I used on the first six records. I wanted more sustain out of them.
    The difference between the 5150 III amp, and this new amp we are working on is the tubes. They use EL34 tubes, which are more like my original vintage Marshall. Still trying to figure what to call it. Might call it the 5150 III-IV because they use the EL34 tubes. I told Howard Kaplan, the amp guy at Fender/EVH, what I wanted, and just last week they all came out and I gave it a test run. It blew my mind. It has the old vintage tone but with more sustain
    Frank Zappa