Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
VH on the JKL - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VH on the JKL

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I thought Dave sounded better than he has in last two years or so. I was a bit impressed.

Al might have one of the coolest sets he's had in years. It looks so 80s and modern.
    It's odd, because the band's sound is so smoothed off now, and without an edge, that Roth's vocals stand out even more. Bad combination.

The kit looks great! Alex looks ancient, but still plays really well.

To me, with all the changes they have gone through...guitar tones... bass player... lighter touch on the instruments...aging..., it makes sense to try and capture a new sound, one that is the sum of who they are now.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

They sounded great. But Dave is not sounding so great these days.

Band Manager
    Surprisingly, I didn't think Dave was that bad. He had trouble at times but all in all it wasn't bad. Not horrible, or embarrassing by any means.

I had no problem with his stage moves. He's always been goofy...since his return, anyway.

I enjoyed it. It was fun and really cool to see VH on TV.

The band was of course amazing!

Seeing a show on the upcoming tour will definitely be enjoyable.

It is what is. They're old and are not returning to 1980 form anytime ever. I'll take it. Even with Dave struggling, I'd rather have this than anything else.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I thought they were going to be awful, but was actually impressed. I just think that Ed's tone is awful and that Wolf looks like he ate himself from the last tour.

My friend was at the show and said that Ed and Dave went at it on the side of the stage, and that Dave asked the crowd if they want one more song, while Ed left the stage with his people and went into a car and left.

I don't understand the confusion with Ellen. A shit tonne of young people watch Ellen. Great way for them to appeal to the masses.
    Your friend was not speaking the truth.

I've spoken to people that were there, and Dave never asked the crowd if they wanted one more song.

Band Manager
    "Hey, one more song Ed"?.... Fuck off Dr. Smith, I gotta go!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Your friend was not speaking the truth.

I've spoken to people that were there, and Dave never asked the crowd if they wanted one more song.
    I wouldn't put it past him, though I wasn't expecting him to bullshit me.

Like Mike
    I can't believe that they were doing the same jams as in Caracas 83 in this show... Very cool stuff.