Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen at California State Fair in Paso Robles July 24th!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is

Van Halen at California State Fair in Paso Robles July 24th!

Looks like VH is the latest to play at this venue. Aerosmith played a couple years ago, and the Eagles have as well. My cousin's Mother-In-Law lives 3 blocks from the Fairgrounds. Needless to say my cousin and I are going to this gig! I didnt think I'd get to see the Mighty VH again so soon, so this is going to be awesome. This show will be 4 days after they play that Festival in Wisconsin.

I really hope by this time, they've shaken the setlist up a bit. Still waiting for them to unleash LUTS and As Is...
    Last edited by Jungle Drummer; May 9th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Git some!
    This makes how many times you've seen them? Lucky bastard.

I wonder if they'll still be pumped from the eastern dates.
    Ready, Eddie!

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    This makes how many times you've seen them? Lucky bastard.

I wonder if they'll still be pumped from the eastern dates.
    Haha, this will be my 11th, and 5th with Dave!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Haha, this will be my 11th, and 5th with Dave!
    8 Times with Dave for me and twice with whats his name? The guy that used to wear the parachute pants with pride.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    8 Times with Dave for me and twice with whats his name? The guy that used to wear the parachute pants with pride.
    Doesnt he still wear those pants?

I saw them 5 times with Sam and once with Gary...the Gary show blew away all the Sam shows, just because of the setlist alone, but Ed an Al were really dialed in on the III tour, too.

This will be the 4th time I've seen VH outdoors, but the first with Dave, so I'm excited about that. My cousin says the accoustics and sound system there are awesome.

Band Manager

Cool

Allright, now I'm crossing my fingers they add one more date in the upper west coast. Knock on wood.

Cool you get to see them again this year J.D.

I've seen VH 5 times and DLR 4 times here in Vancouver.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Allright, now I'm crossing my fingers they add one more date in the upper west coast. Knock on wood.

Cool you get to see them again this year J.D.

I've seen VH 5 times and DLR 4 times here in Vancouver.
    I keep hoping, still, that one of these summers they will come back to the Gorge again! They've never played there with Dave. Gorge is still my favorite place to see a concert.

Band Manager

Cool

I keep hoping, still, that one of these summers they will come back to the Gorge again! They've never played there with Dave. Gorge is still my favorite place to see a concert.
    Yeah I've heard it is a beautiful backdrop for a concert down there. I've never been to a large outdoor concert.

Some of the comments on the other sites are mocking VH because it is a State Fair thing.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah I've heard it is a beautiful backdrop for a concert down there. I've never been to a large outdoor concert.

Some of the comments on the other sites are mocking VH because it is a State Fair thing.
    That's because the Links are full of Dave haters/Sam lovers who enjoy mocking this version of the band at every chance. The venue holds somewhere around 9-10,000 and some big acts play there every year. Those same Linkers would be frothing at the mouth in delight if their precious Chickenshit were playing there. I wonder if Aerosmith, Eagles, or Brad Paisley fans mocked their favorite artists for playing there? Something about being a VH fan seems to bring the a**hole out in everyone!

If VH ever does play the Gorge with Dave, I HIGHLY recommend you make the drive down for it. You wont be disappointed! Now there's a place that would make for an awesome Pro shot DVD!

EVH diehard ...
    Looks like VH is the latest to play at this venue. Aerosmith played a couple years ago, and the Eagles have as well. My cousin's Mother-In-Law lives 3 blocks from the Fairgrounds. Needless to say my cousin and I are going to this gig! I didnt think I'd get to see the Mighty VH again so soon, so this is going to be awesome. This show will be 4 days after they play that Festival in Wisconsin.

I really hope by this time, they've shaken the setlist up a bit. Still waiting for them to unleash LUTS and As Is...
    Awesome !!!
    You and your cousin are going to have a great time . I can't wait to hear all about the show . Take some pics if you can .

"As Is" would be a great addition to the setlist . I hope they pull that one out for ya ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."