Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Band Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    949

    BIG NEWS Van Halen on the Ellen Show April 2nd

    http://www.ellentv.com/episodes/van-...mberly-snyder/

    They are "what dreams are made of"... a legendary, "Unchained, world renowned rock band that continues to tear up the stage four decades since their beginning. VAN HALEN is here! In a daytime exclusive, the California rockers will take over Ellen's stage to perform one of their favorite songs as they embark on their Greatest Hits Tour! They're some of the most talented, wildest and most exciting musicians of all time. Nearly all of Van Halen's albums have gone triple platinum, featuring iconic records like "You Really Got Me," "Runnin' with the Devil" and "Dancing in the Street." Ellen and her audience will be dancing through the aisles when Van Halen brings the heat to the room!

    Then, KIMBERLY SNYDER is here! The celebrity nutritionist not only knows how to cook delicious food, she makes it healthy! From glowing green smoothies to all the creative uses for kale, Kimberly can work wonders with vegetables, and she's concocting something particularly special for Ellen. Her latest book, "The Beauty Detox Power: Nourish Your Mind and Body for Weight Loss and Discover True Joy," is all about using food to boost your life, and Kimberly will sprinkle that good energy over the show. Plus, with so many famous clients around, there could be a surprise in store!

    The "cradle will rock" this Thursday on Ellen!




    Dawg

  2. #2
    Webmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21
    Wow....just saw that. Awesome news....just wondering why on the Ellen DeGeneres show? Not complaining...just curious

  3. #3
    Groupie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    73
    Get ready folks hopefully we'll see the Mighty Van Halen hop back into action in 2015! I'm pumped!

  4. #4
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    If they sound anything like they do on this Tokyo performance, I'd rather they not perform.
    If they do perform, Dave had better play it straight or they are going to be a laughing stock.
    I'm cringing just thinking about it.

  5. #5
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    If they sound anything like they do on this Tokyo performance, I'd rather they not perform.
    If they do perform, Dave had better play it straight or they are going to be a laughing stock.
    I'm cringing just thinking about it.
    It kills me that Dave's become this punch-line, even amongst radio DJ's.

    The classic Dave was in on the jokes, now he's like the guy that never leaves the party
    while everyone rolls their eyes.

    "Tokyo Dome" was a really bad decision, imo.

  6. #6
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    It kills me that Dave's become this punch-line, even amongst radio DJ's.

    The classic Dave was in on the jokes, now he's like the guy that never leaves the party
    while everyone rolls their eyes.

    "Tokyo Dome" was a really bad decision, imo.
    Thank you UG.
    I said what I said because I love this band.
    It's one thing if you've still got it, and you're going to come off good.
    It's another thing if you're playing to your paying target audience.

    Neither one of those things is the case here, and I'm afraid for how this will come off.
    Thaaaat's David Lee Roth?!!
    Oh my God, what happened?!

    I can hear it now.

  7. #7
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Thank you UG.
    I said what I said because I love this band.
    It's one thing if you've still got it, and you're going to come off good.
    It's another thing if you're playing to your paying target audience.

    Neither one of those things is the case here, and I'm afraid for how this will come off.
    Thaaaat's David Lee Roth?!!
    Oh my God, what happened?!

    I can hear it now.
    I know you love this band.
    And i know you're not gonna jump for joy, just because they are releasing a really
    poor live album followed by yet another "greatest hits" tour.

    And the fact that they are slated to promote this Tokyo thing like it's "Use your Illusion"
    in 1991, while completely avoiding any promotion for something worth promoting (ADKOT),
    leads me to believe none of them (including manager & publicist) have the slightest clue.

  8. #8
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I know you love this band.
    And i know you're not gonna jump for joy, just because they are releasing a really
    poor live album followed by yet another "greatest hits" tour.

    And the fact that they are slated to promote this Tokyo thing like it's "Use your Illusion"
    in 1991, while completely avoiding any promotion for something worth promoting (ADKOT),
    leads me to believe none of them (including manager & publicist) have the slightest clue.
    Thank you UG, we're on the same page here.
    Listening to the Tokyo songs is a reminder of why Robert Plant won't go out with Led Zeppelin.
    Zeppelin did a better job of representing their past glories with the O2 performance, then VH does here with the Tokyo recordings - granted, the O2 concert was over five years ago.
    Still, Plant wants to be sure that the Zep legacy remains just that - a legacy and legend.
    He doesn't want to spoil it with cringe worthy performances where the lead singer will be taking the brunt of the scrutiny and finger pointing.
    I can't see how VH can come off well on Kimmel unless Roth really reigns himself in and tries to stay true to the vocals, which is something he has shown no inclination or even ability to do.
    Even if he did what he should do, he'd still sound pretty bad and probably look pretty bad doing it.
    I'm sorry, but pretty much only Aerosmith, Priest and Scorpions representing this era of bands has the ability and the singer to pull off a good performance on a live TV show at this stage of the game.
    Again, it's different for VH performing for paying fans willing to cut Dave slack and just enjoying the fact that he's back on stage with Ed.

  9. #9
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    Thank you UG, we're on the same page here.
    Listening to the Tokyo songs is a reminder of why Robert Plant won't go out with Led Zeppelin.
    Zeppelin did a better job of representing their past glories with the O2 performance, then VH does here with the Tokyo recordings - granted, the O2 concert was over five years ago.
    Still, Plant wants to be sure that the Zep legacy remains just that - a legacy and legend.
    He doesn't want to spoil it with cringe worthy performances where the lead singer will be taking the brunt of the scrutiny and finger pointing.
    I can't see how VH can come off well on Kimmel unless Roth really reigns himself in and tries to stay true to the vocals, which is something he has shown no inclination or even ability to do.
    Even if he did what he should do, he'd still sound pretty bad and probably look pretty bad doing it.
    I'm sorry, but pretty much only Aerosmith, Priest and Scorpions representing this era of bands has the ability and the singer to pull off a good performance on a live TV show at this stage of the game.
    Again, it's different for VH performing for paying fans willing to cut Dave slack and just enjoying the fact that he's back on stage with Ed.
    People are ecstatic at the Links, yet i just can't understand why this is worth being ecstatic over?

    The band, particularly Roth, is becoming a punch line.
    Kimmel & Ellen are just going to magnify this on a larger scale.

    I do not think Dave has the ability to reign himself in, or really hear how he sounds.
    His ego will not allow it.
    He hasn't been professional for a long time now, singing really poorly.

    I really wish i could be psyched for all this stuff, but i just have a sense of dread.

  10. #10
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    People are ecstatic at the Links, yet i just can't understand why this is worth being ecstatic over?

    The band, particularly Roth, is becoming a punch line.
    Kimmel & Ellen are just going to magnify this on a larger scale.

    I do not think Dave has the ability to reign himself in, or really hear how he sounds.
    His ego will not allow it.
    He hasn't been professional for a long time now, singing really poorly.

    I really wish i could be psyched for all this stuff, but i just have a sense of dread.
    If they were smart, they would pick a song that Dave sings in a lower register and make sure he stayed there.
    Make sure the backing vocals are on, and keep the camera moving.
    I don't know though.
    It doesn't seem as though the band knows their limitations or is even aware of what they sound like.
    Or even look like in Dave's case.
    Ozzy does a better job at fronting Sabbath than Dave does VH.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen in Sydney Australia April o' 2013.
    By dougsteele in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: June 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
  2. Nashville Show April 27th
    By Sunburst77 in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 6th, 2012, 03:31 PM
  3. April 1st, Chicago show
    By VH Freak in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: April 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
  4. Van Halen to Perform at Tiger Jam at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas April 19
    By Prettywoman5150 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 16th, 2008, 02:02 PM
  5. Video Of KISS' Appearance On Ellen DeGeneres Show
    By ryanpday in forum House of Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •