Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
BIG NEWS Van Halen on the Ellen Show April 2nd - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Giving Dave A Break
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    People are ecstatic at the Links, yet i just can't understand why this is worth being ecstatic over?
    There is way more negative than positive at the links, i'd say 90% negative.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    There is way more negative than positive at the links, i'd say 90% negative.
    What i read seemed pretty positive in regards to the tour & TV appearances.

The negative was more towords the initial Tokyo Dome live tracks.

Band Manager
    It kills me that Dave's become this punch-line, even amongst radio DJ's.

The classic Dave was in on the jokes, now he's like the guy that never leaves the party
    while everyone rolls their eyes.

"Tokyo Dome" was a really bad decision, imo.
    In all honesty, he's been the punch line since the mid 90's, and lost his higher register at that time as well. It's just become amplified because he appears to be not even trying to sing, some tunes. As we heard with most shows on that tour, he doesn't do it every song. This show, WIL, I'll Wait, Romeo, the newer tunes....they're not that bad. Because he stays in range. Once he goes up it all goes to hell.

I don't care what anyone says, he didn't do this on the '07 tour. He was in range and trying to sing correctly. It wasn't good at times but the effort was there. Everything was closer to the CVH vein.
    The 2013 tour, even when he's not butchering a song he's singing several differently. Songs like Beautiful Girls, SGMAD, he started giving them a lounge vibe.
    I can only guess that, for the 2013 tour, and after a successful record, he felt like he didn't need to try anymore. That he could strain and go "lounge" when he wanted. Feeling he could do wrong, I guess.

Band Manager
    People are ecstatic at the Links, yet i just can't understand why this is worth being ecstatic over?

The band, particularly Roth, is becoming a punch line.
    Kimmel & Ellen are just going to magnify this on a larger scale.

I do not think Dave has the ability to reign himself in, or really hear how he sounds.
    His ego will not allow it.
    He hasn't been professional for a long time now, singing really poorly.

I really wish i could be psyched for all this stuff, but i just have a sense of dread.

I can understand where you guys are coming from. 2007 was great, he was back. 2012 was great, new record and another tour. Most didn't even think they would last that long. But once hearing some early shows of the 2012 tour, sadness begun to set in. After that I can see not jumping for joy now. Should it continue on this tour....I don't even wanna think it.

I think the excitement, now, is all the "firsts". TV shows, a live record, things we've never gotten. A TV performance could be good it could be bad, either way, it's still hard as a fan not to be excited.

I would be slightly surprised if he didn't try to sing when on these shows. If not, then sadly, we know where this tour is going.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    In all honesty, he's been the punch line since the mid 90's, and lost his higher register at that time as well. It's just become amplified because he appears to be not even trying to sing, some tunes. As we heard with most shows on that tour, he doesn't do it every song. This show, WIL, I'll Wait, Romeo, the newer tunes....they're not that bad. Because he stays in range. Once he goes up it all goes to hell.

I don't care what anyone says, he didn't do this on the '07 tour. He was in range and trying to sing correctly. It wasn't good at times but the effort was there. Everything was closer to the CVH vein.
    The 2013 tour, even when he's not butchering a song he's singing several differently. Songs like Beautiful Girls, SGMAD, he started giving them a lounge vibe.
    I can only guess that, for the 2013 tour, and after a successful record, he felt like he didn't need to try anymore. That he could strain and go "lounge" when he wanted. Feeling he could do wrong, I guess.
    I agree, Dave was much better on the 2007 tour.
    Not only was his voice in better shape, but... I'm trying to think of the right words here... He just performed more correctly. Paid more attention to not only his singing, but to the entire performance.
    He was more rock & roll and less goof off.
    Only problem with the 2007 tour was that Eddie looked like he didn't want to be there and there was no chemistry between Ed & Dave.
    2013, we've got a happy Edward clearly enjoying himself - a good thing!
    But, we've got Dave jazz handsing, and singing them in Grandpa Simpson range.
    I still enjoyed both tours.
    As for the upcoming one, I've got no excitement.
    I'll go if someone else goes and does the work securing the tickets.
    But as for myself, I'm not going out of my way.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Anybody catch the lame Yahoo stories about, Van Halen gearing up for a tour in 2015?

Two of them featured solo shots of Sammy Hagar.

Clueless editing.

Love ya moms......
    Anybody catch the lame Yahoo stories about, Van Halen gearing up for a tour in 2015?

Clueless editing.
    I did.
    Yahoo has horrible writers. Some of the stuff looks like it was written by 12 year olds. I recall reading one that said something along the lines of "iconic tracks such as dancing in the streets". WTF?

Giving Dave A Break
    What i read seemed pretty positive in regards to the tour & TV appearances.

The negative was more towords the initial Tokyo Dome live tracks.
    There's nothing wrong with being positive about your favourite band touring and appearing on TV, surely.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Incomudro View Post
    I agree, Dave was much better on the 2007 tour.
    Not only was his voice in better shape, but... I'm trying to think of the right words here... He just performed more correctly. Paid more attention to not only his singing, but to the entire performance.
    He was more rock & roll and less goof off.
    Only problem with the 2007 tour was that Eddie looked like he didn't want to be there and there was no chemistry between Ed & Dave.
    2013, we've got a happy Edward clearly enjoying himself - a good thing!
    But, we've got Dave jazz handsing, and singing them in Grandpa Simpson range.
    I still enjoyed both tours.
    As for the upcoming one, I've got no excitement.
    I'll go if someone else goes and does the work securing the tickets.
    But as for myself, I'm not going out of my way.
    They cancelled my 2012 show. I was pissed. I don't think it was as good as 2007 but, like now, Dave doesn't kill every song, and Ed was great... it woulda been worth it, no doubt.
    After seeing the YT's of the last tour I'm not as excited this time either. That might change when I see some good clips.

Band Manager

Clueless editing.
    That was just ridiculous! I saw the Sam pic and I had to laugh. That's like "the Stones on tour" then a pic of Brian Jones...haha. Seems typical for VH these days. One of them had a headline where it said "VH 2015 tour, after cancelled dates". It was like the 2015 tour had cancelled dates already. Terrible writing!