Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 12
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Is there an article with that?

Another thing that bothers me is when I see articles about the new Live CD is that they use a picture of Ed/Roth from a live concert in 1981. It gives the wrong impression.
    It's on the Links, in a thread about the brothers seeing Michael Anthony. A woman close to the band has alluded to it in the comments section at VHND. She seems to be legitimately close to the band (she booked them when they played in the clubs).
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    It's on the Links, in a thread about the brothers seeing Michael Anthony. A woman close to the band has alluded to it in the comments section at VHND. She seems to be legitimately close to the band (she booked them when they played in the clubs).
    I just found it...this is going to be an interesting read.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Like Mike
    Could someone please provide a link

Only a little tardy
    Here's the link...apparently it was edited after Brett found something out about the person in question.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...rs-and-MA-quot

A bunch of lies and conspiracy theories from VHlinks...as always.

Carry on.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Band Manager
    NO. That lady IS 100% legit. When she speaks pay attention.

The guy that started the thread at VHL presented her comments the wrong way. He ommited the part where she specifically stated Mike is not and will never be back in VH.

That's why the thread was edited and closed right away. Rightfully so. Brett definitely made the right call there.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I recently joined the Links and i did see that article.

The spin of Roth declining to do the album kinda took me by surprise, as i assumed it was
    Ed related.

I definitely agree that Wolfgang writing for this band, a band with history that dates back to
    the 70's, is ridiculous.
    If this is the case, Ed really needs to separate family from vocation.
    Make a solo album with the kid, produce his demos...
    But, for the love of God, don't let him write material for an iconic band.

Wolf's influences expand to a lot of current crap like Tremonti.
    I don't want VH to be infused with an Alter Bridge influence!
    He's still a young guy, coming from a completely different generation.
    It would never work.

If this is the case, i think Roth needs to separate & do his thing.
    And Ed needs to decide if he really does want to continue with VH.
    My feeling is he just likes playing with his son, which for me, points to a completely
    different musical project.

Giving Dave A Break
    I think since the live album announcement and Dave's online presence going missing, there has been alot of speculation, most of which is people's imaginations running wild. A friend of mine who went to NAMM said that during a conversation he had with a guy who knows someone who knows someone who knows what the band is doing wouldn't confirm or deny anything but people were asking about Dave not being in the band anymore. He said that the guy wouldn't acknowledge if Dave was in or out. This was about the same time as the album leak when everyone who had the info was not talking, so our thoughts are that he wasn't confirming anything to do with VH at all, regardless of the line of question thrown at him.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Yours truly, As Is
    Jeez, Jeff from VHND already posted over at the Links that he can't believe people are questioning Dave's status in the band. As far as all the other BS(Wolf writing, Dave not wanting to record etc), that's all unsubstantiated conspiracies started by fans trying to figure out what the band is doing.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Nope.

There's some truth in there somewhere.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    If I actually believed that there was more coming, I could accept a live record.

I'm not buying into "oh we should just be grateful they are still playing..." Nope. Not after all the wasted years. And not knowing that the reason it's a live album, is EVH won't get along for a few weeks to record in a studio (but they will act like a real band to sell concert tickets, flip flops, guitar gear, etc).

Eddie has time to fuck around with LL Cool J, but Roth can't come over to work on some songs....
    I'm grateful that VH still exists but I totally understand where you're coming from. The recent wasted years are tuff to accept. Cleary, Ed has no desire or simply can't stay in a room long enough, with Dave, to write any songs. Sad.

I love live records, so, I'm probably a little bias. The fact that this era actually got some official documentation is something to be happy about. The way they went about it was completely ridiculous, though. Releasing a two year old show to support a tour has to be a first.

If true, remasters without anything new is a complete waste of time.

Sadly, all this pretty much translates into no old material or properly dun mastering being released for decades. If ever.