Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 11
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    When you say that EVH might feel like his hands are tied because of Roth's vocals, I have to respond by noting that they haven't even gotten together to write songs. That is the thing that has me LIVID. I gave them a pass for ADKoT. So they used old demos like they always had, and maybe they were just getting up to speed.

But now that we know that Roth and EVH have never even been in a room together to hash out a tune in over 20 fucking years, I just can't give EVH a pass.

He says he jams all the time, but apparently ROTH, the singer in the band he claims to be in, is NEVER INVITED!

He can't call up Roth and say "Yeah Dave, come on over this Saturday night, we have a few ideas"?

All these nights, the Van Halen family jams, and how many times do you even think Roth would need to be there, just to get the shit together enough for the band to lay the basic tracks (Roth can even take the tapes to another studio to do vocals)?

How many fucking hours do you think EVH would actually have to spend with Roth?

There is one guy making it all difficult. One guy that creates obstacles. One guy that is making a big deal out of personality clashes.

And one guy that acts coy with the fans about his intentions.
    I love Edward, but i have to agree with you.

Band Manager
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am now. For the first time ever, thru all the years of bullshit , I feel a bit of anger towards the band. I'm sorry but this and the 8 years previous have been the perfect opportunity to release old stuff...and nothing! This is a "big project"! I didn't expect much but I expected a morsel of something. Upsetting.

I don't know, maybe once it's in gear I'll feel differently but at the moment I have no desire to go to a show and cheer for this band. Never thought I'd say that but I'm in a bad place.

Don't get me wrong, I love a live CD of any kind and can't wait for it, and I know ( like JD said) we should be happy their still kicking but this has been 15 years of disappointment.

I always knew this deep down but now I know for sure, nothing happens (if at all) until Ed is gone and Wolf makes it happen.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Whoah, DJ on WZLX just said:

"We'll be right back with some new Van Halen, lots of requests for that...."

Right now it's a commercial break.
    What happened?

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am now. For the first time ever, thru all the years of bullshit , I feel a bit of anger towards the band. I'm sorry but this and the 8 years previous have been the perfect opportunity to release old stuff...and nothing! This is a "big project"! I didn't expect much but I expected a morsel of something. Upsetting.

I don't know, maybe once it's in gear I'll feel differently but at the moment I have no desire to go to a show and cheer for this band. Never thought I'd say that but I'm in a bad place.

Don't get me wrong, I love a live CD of any kind and can't wait for it, and I know ( like JD said) we should be happy their still kicking but this has been 15 years of disappointment.

I always knew this deep down but now I know for sure, nothing happens (if at all) until Ed is gone and Wolf makes it happen.

If I actually believed that there was more coming, I could accept a live record.

I'm not buying into "oh we should just be grateful they are still playing..." Nope. Not after all the wasted years. And not knowing that the reason it's a live album, is EVH won't get along for a few weeks to record in a studio (but they will act like a real band to sell concert tickets, flip flops, guitar gear, etc).

Eddie has time to fuck around with LL Cool J, but Roth can't come over to work on some songs....
    Last edited by 1234over; February 8th, 2015 at 12:55 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    What happened?
    I must have mis-heard "two" for "new."

They played "I'll Wait," then "I'm the one."

No cheer******s allowed!
    I feel your pain, guys.

I'm pretty disappointed as well, though maybe i never really expected something on the level
    most fans wanted.

I just can't figure these guys out, specifically Eddie.
    It's like every move is a hassle to them, something they can't be bothered with.

Even the remastering thing, where every band on the planet gives you incentive in
    bonus tracks, they just can't be bothered.

I'm sure people in their camp are telling them you gotta sweeten the pot, you can't
    simply remaster the remasters and toss it in a plastic jewel case.

And the Tokyo CD.

Every band on the planet would release that with at least two new tracks.
    It's not only incentive for fans to buy it, it's a way that radio can promote the thing.

Is this really it?

Only a little tardy
    It's a load of disappointment, but I'm trying to be optimistic that maybe if this is a success we'll see more Live releases from them. ADKOT was a success in sales, in modern terms, so maybe we'll see more tracks in the future.

But they're taking their sweet time on things that should just "happen."
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Love ya moms......
    Wait a sec..........
    Their new band manager must be Tom Scholtz.
    What else would explain the many years between releases and the overall lax attitude.

Band Manager
    So now it's coming out that MAYBE Roth didn't want to record a new record, and that it MIGHT be because EVH wanted Wolf to write songs. If that is true, I am with ROTH. It would be (another) dick move by EVH to try and force Roth to accept Wolf as a songwriter.

It sounds like another way for EVH to diminish the singers, and make the band all about "The Van Halen's, and their guest vocalist's". There is no fucking way that Wolf has EARNED the honor to compose for a legendary band.

This band is fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 8th, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    So now it's coming out that MAYBE Roth didn't want to record a new record, and that it MIGHT be because EVH wanted Wolf to write songs. If that is true, I am with ROTH. It would be (another) dick move by EVH to try and force Roth to accept Wolf as a songwriter.

It sounds like another way for EVH to diminish the singers, and make the band all about "The Van Halen's, and their guest vocalist's". There is no fucking way that Wolf has EARNED the honor to compose for a legendary band.

This band is fucking ridiculous.
    Is there an article with that?

Another thing that bothers me is when I see articles about the new Live CD is that they use a picture of Ed/Roth from a live concert in 1981. It gives the wrong impression.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN