Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 8
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I get that the whole reunion could be considered a money grab, but even then you would think they would cobble a shitty album together that would sell more than a live album. I can't make sense of their actions.

If EVH doesn't care and is just in it for the money, or to play with Wolf, then why not release some stuff from the classic years?

If he does care, wouldn't you think he would want to make a new record, and get some of his new ideas out (even if it wasn't with Roth or "Van Halen")?

A live album barely takes a effort, just play a show like any other, and let the technicians do their job. Gee, one take for all the tunes! No need to work on new material! And it's cheaper to record a show than shell out dough to a studio like Henson.
    I just don't see a market for live albums, even less so in the internet/file sharing age.
    Van Halen is going about this like it's 1976 & they are releasing, Frampton comes alive.
    Vinyl & everything!

Alright, i'm being annoyingly negative here.

I was hoping for something else, so i'll leave it at that.

For those excited about the Tokyo Dome release, then that's cool too.

The menace is loose again

VHND now has details

It's all legit. They aren't cleaning up Dave's vocals either!
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Giving Dave A Break
    I was hoping for a new studio album too, but it isn't that. I'll buy this box and the next one with the other 4 CDs when it hits. Even though it's all the rage again and everyone is releasing stuff on it, i'm not interested in new vinyl. I have shit loads of vinyl that occasionally gets pulled out during drunken nostalgia nights, but I couldn't be bothered with it as a standard listening medium.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

I'm happy. I'll take anything that shows EVH up close. Yeah I wished it was something more, let's hope it spurs on other projects.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I just don't see a market for live albums, even less so in the internet/file sharing age.
    Van Halen is going about this like it's 1976 & they are releasing, Frampton comes alive.
    Vinyl & everything!

Alright, i'm being annoyingly negative here.

I was hoping for something else, so i'll leave it at that.

For those excited about the Tokyo Dome release, then that's cool too.
    Vinyl is the only thing people pay for. I'm releasing my own stuff on vinyl only.

If I thought there was another record coming, I wouldn't be so disappointed, but I think this is it for the band.
    Last edited by 1234over; February 6th, 2015 at 12:22 AM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Like Mike
    I actually don't mind the artwork at all...

But man, this is disappointing. Can't say I didn't see this coming, though.

It's just so bizarre that THIS is the secret project they were working on for what? Over a year? With no overdubs and doctoring? How is that even possible??

I don't now.. I think something else might be on the horizon, and that this is just something to tease the fans with. Just look at all of Wolf's instagram posts and the fact that they've been working on a project for so long that surely wouldn't be just this. No dvd either??????

Those who are happy, I'm happy for you. I wish I could just enjoy and embrace this, but I simply cannot.

Does anyone know if those photographs of Eddie at a mastering studio recently has anything in relation with the people who worked on this?

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Vinyl is the only thing people pay for. I'm releasing my own stuff on vinyl only.

If I thought there was another record coming, I wouldn't be so disappointed, but I think this is it for the band.
    I think so to.

The tour to follow will cap things off.

I'd accept it & like to see Ed stretch out and do his own thing.
    Play with a new singer, new band, but make it an intimate thing.

He's playing again at such a high level, why waste that ability?

He's gotta be bored playing, Runnin' with the devil, at this point.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post

It's just so bizarre that THIS is the secret project they were working on for what? Over a year? With no overdubs and doctoring? How is that even possible??

I don't now.. I think something else might be on the horizon, and that this is just something to tease the fans with. Just look at all of Wolf's instagram posts and the fact that they've been working on a project for so long that surely wouldn't be just this. No dvd either??????

Those who are happy, I'm happy for you. I wish I could just enjoy and embrace this, but I simply cannot.

Does anyone know if those photographs of Eddie at a mastering studio recently has anything in relation with the people who worked on this?
    I truly believe this IS the project.

This & the upcoming remasters.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I truly believe this IS the project.

This & the upcoming remasters.
    How were they spending so much time on a live album with no overdubs or doctoring and simple remasters?

What the hell is wrong with this band...

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post

I think Wolfie might be recording an album of his own.

Could possibly even be the three Van Halen's without Dave. But separate from the VH band.

Remember in DLR'S Rolling Stone interview in 2013 he was venting about how they haven't sat down and written anything together in ages. He mentioned something about Eddie might just want to write with Wolfgang.

I really don't think this was the project Dave referred to.

If there were no vocal overdubs there's nothing for him to do on this live album. Except maybe pick out the cover art.

Definitely a lot more going on than we know.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; February 6th, 2015 at 01:33 AM.