Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    NO not exactly. The Alberta station did post the cover and info that's where it originated but it was a VH fan from the links. Expanded Conscienceess who got the ball rolling.

He is the reason the radio station posted the press release. Then shortly thereafter he found the most important piece of info that sealed the deal so far as validating what the station said was true. He found the Amazon info page with the images.

That thread at the VH Links is what caused the buzz in the first place. That's where the info was most widely read.

Then it captured the attention of Melodicrock who later on ran the story. Then Blabbermouth and Ultimate Classic Rock copied it from them.

Melodicrock were hacks in this case they boosted their info from the links they probably wouldn't of found out about the radio station's post on their own until much later otherwise. Nor would they have found the Amazon images which was very important.

Initially someone from Alberta mentioned it on the VHND discuss comment section.
    I can see why he would expect some recognition for that.

Although, as running the story is clearly against the express wishes of Van Halen, wouldn't that damage any relationship that he currently has with them?

A couple of years back we were quoted by AOL News, which was then picked up by several news agencies and then the story appeared across the internet - good publicity.

Wait a minute.....

I just noticed this voting poll that says 15 people voted.

There aren't even 15 people on this site TO vote.

LMFAO!!

I didn't vote.
    Haha. You had me checking it!

From what I can see, over 19 registered members have viewed this thread while logged on.

The majority of the 400 plus views are from non-members or members not logged in.

There are several members that I haven't seen on this site since ADKOT was released.

I guess people still want to see and read what our Classic Van Halen experts make of the story as it unfolds.

We are currently running a thread on Van Halen appearing at this years Grammys, and I haven't read anything about it elsewhere on the internet, including fansites or news sites.

I think the fact that VHND is censoring comments and has stopped image uploads is also diverting people to us.

I think it's prudent to keep the 'POSSIBLE HOAX' label in place for now.

Regarding VHLinks being involved in breaking the story with the Canadian Radio Station, it seems to be coming mainly from one individual on that site.

Same individual is also solely responsible for finding the google cache images from Amazon so does he have an account?

I know that it's possible for independent traders to upload items for sale on Amazon and that it is usual for Amazon to remove incorrect listings from independent traders.

Do we know for sure that the VHLinks member in question is not also the Canadian Radio DJ ?

I think it's highly suspect that the majority of proof is coming from one individual whose fellow members approach past comments from him with caution.

Despite saying that he was going to confirm details, all Andrew at MelodicRock.com published last night was the following:

VAN HALEN Set To Announce Live 2013 Album

So what do you makeof this folks? Nothing official just yet, but no denials from VH publicists either.
    News of this release came from a leak from Canadian radio station 106.7 The Drive, who posted this on their Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/1067TheDrive?fref=nf

"The song and artwork was serviced to us by Universal Music Canada today. I scoured thru the release, there was no embargo. This is legit."

The album cover and PR scan came from the same source.
    http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/...ive-2013-album

The same source are not just another radio station in Canada, they also happen to be real Van Halen fanatics too.

Out of all the celebrity and rock music birthdays they could have celebrated in January, they picked one, Eddie Van Halen's:

"Let's see if we can hit 60 comments for Eddie's 60th! What's your favourite Eddie lick?!"

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Van Halen fans may be moaning but I think after 2 years of no information and then a PR screw up like this, the fans have every right to feel what ever they wish on the subject.

Just took a look on VHLinks to see how they are reporting it and I can't believe that Brett etc are moaning that no one is giving them any credit for breaking the story.

The reason no one is giving them the credit is that they didn't break the story, a DJ at a Canadian radio station broke the story as reported here at the beginning of this thread.

I still think Roth Army's idea to buy 'Live Right Here Right Now' and instead of 'Tokyo Dome' and drive around blasting it out of your car stereo as a protest is hilarious.
    You would think it hilarious. Third grade mentalities often think alike...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Yours truly, As Is
    Keep in mind realistically the VH fans who comment on the net probably only represent about 10% or less of their overall worldwide fanbase.

Gotta figure each town they play averages between 9000 to 16000 fans. I guess someone could calculate the amount of likes on the main VHND FB page to get an idea of how many fans clicked the page I think it's over a million. But multiply the average audience of lets say 12,000 multiplyed by let's say 60 shows that would equal 720, 000 fans in total estimated. That's less than one million, but realistically there's probably only about 100 fans who post regularly each week scattered around the VH sites and FB pages.

So any negative commentary is just a miniscule portion compared to the big overall picture.

Not to mention a lot of those opinions don't count. Many of those folks probably don't even buy the CD's or concert tickets anyways. Just consume what's free from the net.

Then the hardcore fans have legitimate gripes due to their lack of output and wasted time. We just want more. Completely valid complaint.

This Live Tokyo CD and Remastered 6 Pack is 100% legit.
    Wanting more and not liking the wasted time IS a valid complaint. But then when they do put something out, it's just more whining and bitching...we get a brand new album, people bitch they used old demos that none of us were even supposed to know about to begin with, they bitch that it doesn't sound like recordings made 30 years ago...they put out what appears is going to be a live album, they bitch and their heads explode. STFU(not you Hberg, the whiny bitches) and enjoy any VH years we have left, we are probably lucky they're still alive.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    IF this is real, and IF it is a success in some way, I'm hoping that maybe VH will see that there is a market for live releases and hopefully give us some vintage stuff.

I might consider buying the remasters, but if there really isn't a difference then I'm not going to spend my cash on it.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Only a little tardy
    Also...why is it always a Canadian radio station? I felt like last time an "announcement" appeared it was from a Canadian radio station.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    You would think it hilarious.....
    Just my British sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    IF this is real, and IF it is a success in some way, I'm hoping that maybe VH will see that there is a market for live releases and hopefully give us some vintage stuff.
    That's a very positive outlook. And you may well be right.

As most people on this board are thinking this is legit, and the fact that Jeff from VHND hasn't debunked it yet, I think it best if we change the thread title from:

Van Halen Tokyo Dome In Concert released on March 31 2015 UNCONFIRMED / POSSIBLE HOAX

To:

Van Halen Tokyo Dome In Concert released on March 31 2015 UNCONFIRMED / NOT VERIFIED

Although I still believe this could be an elaborate hoax, so I do think we should maintain a certain caution until this is confirmed by a trustworthy source.