Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Giving Dave A Break
    VH fans seem to be one of the toughest crowds. The negativity really surprises me. For a band that has albums full of positive vibe party music, it seems the majority of fans are moaning, self centred & hugely critical.

If VH aren't doing something they are pricks, if they are doing something, but it's not what "I" want them to do, then they are pricks. They bought out an album that had some re-written songs of the old demos - what a pack of pricks! Dave's voice isn't like it was in 1980, he's a useless prick. Wolf isn't Mike, he's an overweight prick.

It's all a bit tiring.

A live album for me is OK at this stage of things. I'll buy it, listen a few times, maybe drag it out now & then, pretty much like every live album I have. I'm more of a studio album guy, but whatever, it's a killer set list so i'll give it a whirl.

As for more remasters, bring that shit on. I think II and WACF could be improved on. Great albums but I think that sonically they could be better.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Like Mike
    I think it's legit... I'd be lying if I didn't say that was disappointing. They really worked this long on a live album from Tokyo that was recent? I don't know... That in itself sounds fishy. I don't know what to think.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I think the fans have every right to gripe.

While bands like Rush, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, deliver a lot of cool stuff for their loyal diehards,
    VH do the absolute bare minimum.

This is true.

You may be okay with it, while others might feel frustrated or annoyed.

I sincerely hope this is a hoax and not the "Special project," we had been hearing about.
    A recent live album is not the same as something from the band in their prime.
    This would not even be a true representation of the "Roth era," imo.

However, if the remasters are done right, with bonus live cuts (from their respective eras or demos),
    and deluxe packaging with cool booklets, i'd be down with that.

My gut says this is legit, though.

Love ya moms......
    Ya I can see Edward and Al laboring at the remastering of the 6 pack with the same care that Page applied to the Zeppelin stuff. Outtakes, unreleased versions, and all that other shit is gonna be included for sure.........NOT
    I do however hope they prove me wrong.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    VH fans seem to be one of the toughest crowds. The negativity really surprises me. For a band that has albums full of positive vibe party music, it seems the majority of fans are moaning, self centred & hugely critical.

If VH aren't doing something they are pricks, if they are doing something, but it's not what "I" want them to do, then they are pricks. They bought out an album that had some re-written songs of the old demos - what a pack of pricks! Dave's voice isn't like it was in 1980, he's a useless prick. Wolf isn't Mike, he's an overweight prick.

It's all a bit tiring.

A live album for me is OK at this stage of things. I'll buy it, listen a few times, maybe drag it out now & then, pretty much like every live album I have. I'm more of a studio album guy, but whatever, it's a killer set list so i'll give it a whirl.

As for more remasters, bring that shit on. I think II and WACF could be improved on. Great albums but I think that sonically they could be better.
    You, sir, are spot on. But get used to it, unfortunately. Most VH "fans" are like spoiled little brats who cry and take their ball and run away home if they don't get their way. If VH was putting out a brand new album, there would still be a large faction of "fans" on the internet that would slag the band because they don't fucking sound like they did in 1981. If indeed they do release Live In Tokyo, just crank that shit up and enjoy it. Life is too short to always be pissing and moaning the way so many fans seem to get off on doing.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Keep in mind realistically the VH fans who comment on the net probably only represent about 10% or less of their overall worldwide fanbase.

Gotta figure each town they play averages between 9000 to 16000 fans. I guess someone could calculate the amount of likes on the main VHND FB page to get an idea of how many fans clicked the page I think it's over a million. But multiply the average audience of lets say 12,000 multiplyed by let's say 60 shows that would equal 720, 000 fans in total estimated. That's less than one million, but realistically there's probably only about 100 fans who post regularly each week scattered around the VH sites and FB pages.

So any negative commentary is just a miniscule portion compared to the big overall picture.

Not to mention a lot of those opinions don't count. Many of those folks probably don't even buy the CD's or concert tickets anyways. Just consume what's free from the net.

Then the hardcore fans have legitimate gripes due to their lack of output and wasted time. We just want more. Completely valid complaint.

This Live Tokyo CD and Remastered 6 Pack is 100% legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    You, sir, are spot on. But get used to it, unfortunately. Most VH "fans" are like spoiled little brats who cry and take their ball and run away home if they don't get their way. If VH was putting out a brand new album, there would still be a large faction of "fans" on the internet that would slag the band because they don't fucking sound like they did in 1981. If indeed they do release Live In Tokyo, just crank that shit up and enjoy it. Life is too short to always be pissing and moaning the way so many fans seem to get off on doing.
    Van Halen fans may be moaning but I think after 2 years of no information and then a PR screw up like this, the fans have every right to feel what ever they wish on the subject.

Just took a look on VHLinks to see how they are reporting it and I can't believe that Brett etc are moaning that no one is giving them any credit for breaking the story.

The reason no one is giving them the credit is that they didn't break the story, a DJ at a Canadian radio station broke the story as reported here at the beginning of this thread.

I still think Roth Army's idea to buy 'Live Right Here Right Now' and instead of 'Tokyo Dome' and drive around blasting it out of your car stereo as a protest is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    I'm wagering this is a hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If this is a hoax my mind will be blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    This has all the hallmarks of a hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I don't think it's a hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    If this thing turns out to be legit, I'll enjoy it for what it is. I just can't imagine this thing is real..... I hope I'm wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    VH fans seem to be one of the toughest crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I think it's legit...

I don't know what to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    My gut says this is legit, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Outtakes, unreleased versions, and all that other shit is gonna be included for sure.........NOT
    I do however hope they prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This Live Tokyo CD and Remastered 6 Pack is 100% legit.
    After looking through the comments I have to say that we shouldn't blame the fans for this confusion.

Van Halen are 100% responsible for this.

It's their policy of silence on their future plans that is the cause.

If the Canadian radio station's information turns out to be legitimate then the original source was Van Halen or their record company. Again responsibility lies with Van Halen.

If we took a vote, I can see from the comments, that it being legitimate would win.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    The reason no one is giving them the credit is that they didn't break the story, a DJ at a Canadian radio station broke the story as reported here at the beginning of this thread.
    NO not exactly. The Alberta station did post the cover and info that's where it originated but it was a VH fan from the links. Expanded Conscienceess who got the ball rolling.

He is the reason the radio station posted the press release. Then shortly thereafter he found the most important piece of info that sealed the deal so far as validating what the station said was true. He found the Amazon info page with the images.

That thread at the VH Links is what caused the buzz in the first place. That's where the info was most widely read.

Then it captured the attention of Melodicrock who later on ran the story. Then Blabbermouth and Ultimate Classic Rock copied it from them.

Melodicrock were hacks in this case they boosted their info from the links they probably wouldn't of found out about the radio station's post on their own until much later otherwise. Nor would they have found the Amazon images which was very important.

Initially someone from Alberta mentioned it on the VHND discuss comment section.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; February 5th, 2015 at 06:09 AM.

Band Manager
    Wait a minute.....

I just noticed this voting poll that says 15 people voted.

There aren't even 15 people on this site TO vote.

LMFAO!!

I didn't vote.