Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: What should Van Halen do now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Confirm or deny the live album rumors

3 17.65%
  • Nothing this is great publicity for them

14 82.35%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Van Halen Tokyo Dome Live In Concert released on March 31 2015 CONFIRMED / VERIFIED

Van Halen 'Tokyo Dome Live In Concert' released on March 31 2015 with remastered 6 Pack to follow

I'm not sure if this is an elaborate hoax as hardly any of the usual music news sites or VHND are running this at the moment.

If this is true then Dave's people are being blamed for the leak which is quite remarkable seeing that Dave's entire online presence was removed from the internet last Friday.

https://twitter.com/1067thedrive

Only a little tardy
    I'm waiting for VHND to confirm or to shoot it down. I'm leading towards shooting it down as the past few months they've denied that a live album was in the works.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    I'm waiting for VHND to confirm or to shoot it down. I'm leading towards shooting it down as the past few months they've denied that a live album was in the works.
    Blabbermouth is now running the story.

The only problem is they start the news story with:

"According to MelodicRock.com,...."

Where Van Halen are concerned, MelodicRock have a habit of getting things wrong.

I have to say, the artwork is spectacularly poor.

Apparently this information is streaming out of VHLinks who are all sold on this and are ratifying it as being legitimate, hence Andrew at MelodicRock felt safe to print it.

As VHND, and the official Van Halen website and Van Halen's social media are not confirming anything, it is possible that the 'experts' at VHLinks have been conned.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/van...cert-in-march/

The menace is loose again

Hmmm

I hope nobody is trying to pull the wool over Andrew's eyes at Melodic Rock. Assuming it's legit, I'd look forward to a live album. This isn't awesome news (Oakland would be awesome news), but hey, I'll take what I can get.

The most puzzling thing to me is the remastering (again!) of the six pack. That's already been done and doesn't need to be done again (unless there are demos and bonus tracks!) which I don't see happening. I don't get it. Looking forward to the live album though!
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

The poster Normandie (1935) is by Cassandre (1901–1968) and is one of Cassandre's most famous design.

Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    I hope nobody is trying to pull the wool over Andrew's eyes at Melodic Rock. Assuming it's legit, I'd look forward to a live album. This isn't awesome news (Oakland would be awesome news), but hey, I'll take what I can get.

The most puzzling thing to me is the remastering (again!) of the six pack. That's already been done and doesn't need to be done again (unless there are demos and bonus tracks!) which I don't see happening. I don't get it. Looking forward to the live album though!
    I don't understand why they would remaster the 6 pack. I for one won't be buying them again - no need.

A live album with Dave would be good, but if that's what we have waited for 3 years to hear, I do feel slightly cheated.

If it is not a hoax, and this is the live album with an old poster as the artwork, it does beg the question, what have the Van Halen's and Dave been doing all this time?

They don't do anything quickly anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    I don't understand why they would remaster the 6 pack. I for one won't be buying them again - no need.

A live album with Dave would be good, but if that's what we have waited for 3 years to hear, I do feel slightly cheated.

If it is not a hoax, and this is the live album with an old poster as the artwork, it does beg the question, what have the Van Halen's and Dave been doing all this time?
    I kinda stand corrected as far as the Melodic Rock aspect of this goes. All Andrew is doing is relaying information from a Facebook Post on a Canadian Radio Station's page, which seems to be where this whole thing originated from: https://www.facebook.com/1067TheDrive?fref=nf
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    I kinda stand corrected as far as the Melodic Rock aspect of this goes. All Andrew is doing is relaying information from a Facebook Post on a Canadian Radio Station's page, which seems to be where this whole thing originated from: https://www.facebook.com/1067TheDrive?fref=nf
    The Canadian Radio Station has just backed out from playing the live track Panama.

It looks like a hoax to gain attention for the station.

Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    The Canadian Radio Station has just backed out from playing the live track Panama.

It looks like a hoax to gain attention for the station.
    What do you mean "backed out". I can't imagine they's be the only radio station to get an advance copy. Did their announcer say they were going to play an advance track and then say, sorry, we don't have it yet?