Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tom Morello covers crazy train.......
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Love ya moms......

Tom Morello covers crazy train.......

And It just confirms for me at least is that the dude sucks and is way way overrated.

All of the fills that Rhoads did are missing{shocked I tell ya} and the solo is beyond horrible. Ive heard better covers of this in some shithole bars on the southside of town. Stick to saving the whales Tom because you cant play for shit.

No cheer******s allowed!
    My God, that was comically bad.

The singer is just beyond horrible, then the guitar solo was like a dentist drill.
    At least Dave Grohl isn't on the track!

Giving Dave A Break
    Fuck me, that was hideous.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

yikes.

Here, this has Jack Black doing a bad job too, but Dweezil does a good job making up for it.

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Like Mike
    Granted that this is awful, I still don't get all of the hate directed at Tom Morello. It would be like shredding Kim Thayil to bits for not being a virtuoso. Morello doesn't try to be a guitar hero or a prototypical guitar hero, so why direct hate towards him for not playing like either of those?

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Granted that this is awful, I still don't get all of the hate directed at Tom Morello. It would be like shredding Kim Thayil to bits for not being a virtuoso. Morello doesn't try to be a guitar hero or a prototypical guitar hero, so why direct hate towards him for not playing like either of those?
    Then he probably shouldn't be covering guitar hero's songs. Atleast not for public consumption. He's better off staying within the context of his own music. What's next, his stab at Mean Street?
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Then he probably shouldn't be covering guitar hero's songs. Atleast not for public consumption. He's better off staying within the context of his own music. What's next, his stab at Mean Street?
    Very fair call.

No cheer******s allowed!
    The thing is, i think Morello believes he's a guitar hero, or the modern equivelent.

He can make his guitar sound like a DJ scratching, and in that sense he has his own voice,
    but he's not musical or melodic to my ears.
    It's a series of noises.

The real guitar heroes, like Hendrix & Van Halen, had swing & musicality.
    Tom strikes me as a guy that practiced really hard, but lacked any real natural talent.
    Some guys can achieve a lot just through sheer determination (Kirk Hammet, for example).

I think Tom is effective in Rage, because it's more a political/rap kinda vehicle, as opposed to
    something like, Revelation (mother earth).

In Tom's defense, he's always professed to being a massive Randy Rhoads fan.

Like Mike
    They usually pick a bunch of artists that aren't up to par for tribute releases such as these. After all, how many notable names are you going to find that will pull off Randy's material (names that resonate with people)?

He's stated many times that he's not a guitar hero and that he's never tried to sound like one. RATM was never about the musicianship, but about the attitude, power and political statements. Although I do agree that while his style fit into that band, it fails to carry over else where.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    They usually pick a bunch of artists that aren't up to par for tribute releases such as these. After all, how many notable names are you going to find that will pull off Randy's material (names that resonate with people)?

He's stated many times that he's not a guitar hero and that he's never tried to sound like one. RATM was never about the musicianship, but about the attitude, power and political statements. Although I do agree that while his style fit into that band, it fails to carry over else where.
    He said something like his next solo album would be the Hendrix of 2015.