Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Josh Gallagher and Jacob Deraps cover "Girl Gone Bad"!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh Gallagher and Jacob Deraps cover "Girl Gone Bad"!

Hey folks! Thought you'd be interested in watching this! My cover of Girl Gone Bad that I did with the awesome Jacob Deraps!.

Jacob is 17 years old from Quebec Canada and he did the guitar and bass tracks for my cover. He did an incredible job replicating both Eddies tone and feel on this track and it's SO awesome that I am able to collaborate with him from the otherside of the world!! -I'm 19 from Perth Australia haha

Anyway check it out! Very keen to hear what everyone thinks. I did the drums and mixing and Jacob also did an amazing job on the bass too.

Here it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1knRFxVL8

Yours truly, As Is
    Terrific job by both of you. I always enjoy your vids!
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Giving Dave A Break

Thumbs up

Yeah, great song played really well by both of you
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Roadie
    yup loved your cover. One of my top 3 VH songs. relentless.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Jesus, that was absolutely flawless!

You are one sick drummer, my man.
    I loved your sound & your technique, swing & feel, is next level.

As for the guitar, wow!
    Great tone, nailed everything, even the bends, the weird but awesome EVH feel & all those fills.

To the both of you:

Do nothing else with your life EXCEPT play music.
    You both have the gift, which is rarer than you might think.

Band Manager
    This is great, you are both excellent players. I hope you guys make some original music soon, because this style needs a new infusion of young talent to take it to the next step (wherever that may be). Nobody has done that yet.
    Last edited by 1234over; January 30th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

hot damn! that was nice. Great job.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Band Manager
    Amazing!! Could be the best ever!

Form a band with this guy already!

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Jesus, that was absolutely flawless!

As for the guitar, wow!
    Great tone, nailed everything, even the bends, the weird but awesome EVH feel & all those fills.
    Almost nailed everything.
    Those bridge notes we talked about before the solo were different. Of course because of the guitar he was playing. But other than that it sounded like the record. Possibly the best I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    This is great, you are both excellent players. I hope you guys make some original music soon, because this style needs a new infusion of young talent to take it to the next step (wherever that may be). Nobody has done that yet.
    Thanks so much everyone! All your comments mean the world! Also that's the second person in two days to tell me to do nothing except music, got told that by a guy at a fantastic Whitesnake tribute show I played the other night, it kicked ass so much energy, and such awesome feedback from the audience! I'll probably be uploading some clips from it to my youtube channel too!

Definitely! Just from speaking to Jacob from over the internet we've become good friends quickly, and he seems to have an identical attitude to me haha, we've been talking about working on some originals! So that may happen in future! Will be awesome to jam live with him one day!

Also I've got some original stuff of my own that I've been working on too with my band (power trio), so we can bring rock back to where it belongs! Jacob has the same intent too!