Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Punk vs. Unchained in the Superbowl
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Punk vs. Unchained in the Superbowl

After Manning choked (as usual) last Sunday, i knew the Pats would stomp all over the Colts
    and earn a ticket to the SB.

But i had my eye on Seattle as well, the entire time.
    Punk has been a loyal Seahawks follower since long before they became a dangerous team.
    Pete Carroll used to coach the Patriots, and now, he's had loads of success with the mighty Hawks.

So it comes down to a battle, with three key players:

Punk, myself & Katy Perry.

Christ, VH would have been perfect for this showdown.

Webmaster
    I am still depressed on my Packers ultimate collapse. I couldn't sleep that night I was so pissed. After that last interception by the Packers with 4 minutes left it was calculated that the Packers had a 99.6% chance of winning the game. I don't see how one team could dominate another for almost the entire game but still lose. Unbelievable.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by VH Freak View Post
    I am still depressed on my Packers ultimate collapse. I couldn't sleep that night I was so pissed. After that last interception by the Packers with 4 minutes left it was calculated that the Packers had a 99.6% chance of winning the game. I don't see how one team could dominate another for almost the entire game but still lose. Unbelievable.
    I feel for you and all Packers fan. It's one thing to lose, but to lose like that is tough. Just think, with 4:00 minutes left. I was thinking, looks like the Pack is going to the Superbowl and what the hell happened to Russell? Then "IT" happened.

Russell Wilson is a special player. I've been watching football all my life and I can't fully explain what makes Russell so special. The guy is blessed. I've seen him do things that other QB's can't do. See that "Hail Mary" 2pt conversion. That last pass was perfect!

Seahawks are lucky to have that guy.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    After Manning choked (as usual) last Sunday, i knew the Pats would stomp all over the Colts
    and earn a ticket to the SB.

But i had my eye on Seattle as well, the entire time.
    Punk has been a loyal Seahawks follower since long before they became a dangerous team.
    Pete Carroll used to coach the Patriots, and now, he's had loads of success with the mighty Hawks.

So it comes down to a battle, with three key players:

Punk, myself & Katy Perry.

Christ, VH would have been perfect for this showdown.
    I called this Super Bowl match up in August.

SO many great story lines.

I'm looking forward to a great Super Bowl!!

Damn, if only VH was headlining the halftime show. WOW. Talk about icing on the cake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    I feel for you and all Packers fan. It's one thing to lose, but to lose like that is tough. Just think, with 4:00 minutes left. I was thinking, looks like the Pack is going to the Superbowl and what the hell happened to Russell? Then "IT" happened.

Russell Wilson is a special player. I've been watching football all my life and I can't fully explain what makes Russell so special. The guy is blessed. I've seen him do things that other QB's can't do. See that "Hail Mary" 2pt conversion. That last pass was perfect!

Seahawks are lucky to have that guy.
    I'm a Wisconsin Badgers fan as well and when he played here he was phenomenal. Heads and shoulders above any QB we've had here. He is such a class act too, which makes it hard to root against him. As much as I dislike the Seahawks I think I will be rooting for them over the Patriots.
    Webmaster
    ClassicVanHalen.com

No cheer******s allowed!
    This deflate gate has really taken the wind out of our sails.

What i don't understand is that, don't both teams benefit, if they are all using the same ball(s).
    Pure stupidity on the Pats part.
    They were playing the Colts, they didn't need any sort of edge.
    It's embarassing, though i'm sure lots of NFL teams "cheat" in their own ways.

Also, it was kind of pathetic to see Bill sort of throw Tom under the bus:
    I don't know, talk to HIM!

I don't think Kraft wants his name associated with this mess.

Band Manager
    Each team brings their own balls.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Yeah, but if the opposing team intercepts the ball, they get the deflated pigskin.

To me, they are both benefiting (or not benefiting) from the suspect ball.

Love ya moms......
    Not a big fan of either team in the SB, so ill just watch and hope for an entertaining and close game.
    Now on to deflategate or w/e it is being called...

A deflated ball especially in colder/wet weather would make the ball easier to grip/throw/receive etc. I don't know that im buying that neither coach nor QB knew about this beforehand. That being said if the score was close like say 21-20 I may be a tad more upset but the Colts got the crappola beat out of them and deflated balls or not wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Yeah, but if the opposing team intercepts the ball, they get the deflated pigskin.

To me, they are both benefiting (or not benefiting) from the suspect ball.
    ?
    No, after the interception, the QB for the team that intercepted comes out and uses his own footballs. Each team uses their own balls that they have prepared, and have been inspected prior to the game by the officials. Tom Brady uses the balls he has prepared, and Andrew Luck uses the balls that the Colts have brought.

This whole thing has been blown ridiculously out of proportion.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.