Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Wolfgang Van Halen currently at work in 5150 studio on first album!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Wolfgang Van Halen currently at work in 5150 studio on first album!!

    Here is the evidence:

    http://instagram.com/p/x0W29vmfYp/

  2. #2
    Finally we have confirmation at the Smithsonian on February 12 2015 that Wolfgang is working on a new album.

    The album is being recorded at 5150.

    Not sure if the album has a title yet.

    David Lee Roth has suggested "Special New Project".


    http://instagram.com/p/xK2G_4GfeF/

  3. #3
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    This explains the studio shots of just Ed & wolf.

    In a weird way, Ed is working on new music (his son's).
    So, in that sense, he's still being creative, though without input from Roth.

    If you listened to that interview, it's very clear to me that Michael Anthony
    will never be back in Van Halen.

    Ed's greatest joy is playing & writing with Wolfgang.
    I don't think even Michael Anthony (or even Roth, to some extent) register on his radar.
    This is what he wants to do & who he wants to play with.

    Our protests are just background noise.

  4. #4
    Roadie
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    This explains the studio shots of just Ed & wolf.

    In a weird way, Ed is working on new music (his son's).
    So, in that sense, he's still being creative, though without input from Roth.

    If you listened to that interview, it's very clear to me that Michael Anthony
    will never be back in Van Halen.

    Ed's greatest joy is playing & writing with Wolfgang.
    I don't think even Michael Anthony (or even Roth, to some extent) register on his radar.

    This is what he wants to do & who he wants to play with.

    Our protests are just background noise.
    yeah after this event...it's pretty clear Wolf is in until the end and Ed's greatest joy playing w Wolf. Although I still believe Ed will patch it up with MA and he'll come out for a song / encore at some point on a tour at least.

    And, I could still see Wolf get busy with his own things, maybe step aside and encourage Ed to get Mike at some point, but even then there aren't many years left for that and I bet Ed would just pack it up at that point. I don't really see MA coming back for any permanent position or new album.

  5. #5
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    This is a misleading thread title.

    Nothing's been confirmed.

  6. #6
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    This is a misleading thread title.

    Nothing's been confirmed.
    Yes it HAS been confirmed. Wolfie IS recording his own album.

    Eddie just said so last night.

    I already knew from comments on Wolfgangs Instagram a couple weeks ago and posted about it. Makes perfect sense.

    This site is like Hit Parader magazine compared to Creem or Circus. Always a day late & dollar short. Always behind the 8 ball.

  7. #7
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yes it HAS been confirmed. Wolfie IS recording his own album.

    Eddie just said so last night.

    I already knew from comments on Wolfgangs Instagram a couple weeks ago and posted about it. Makes perfect sense.

    This site is like Hit Parader magazine compared to Creem or Circus. Always a day late & dollar short. Always behind the 8 ball.
    Then why not post that instead of Instagram photos?

  8. #8
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Then why not post that instead of Instagram photos?
    I didn't start the thread.

    It's an old thread DLR 73 started before and got lucky with his guess.

  9. #9
    Lets deal with this in one post...

    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    This is a misleading thread title.

    Nothing's been confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yes it HAS been confirmed. Wolfie IS recording his own album.

    Eddie just said so last night.

    I already knew from comments on Wolfgangs Instagram a couple weeks ago and posted about it. Makes perfect sense.

    This site is like Hit Parader magazine compared to Creem or Circus. Always a day late & dollar short. Always behind the 8 ball.
    This thread was started a month ago before the rest of the Van Halen community played catch up in the last 48 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Then why not post that instead of Instagram photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I didn't start the thread.

    It's an old thread DLR 73 started before and got lucky with his guess.
    I beg your pardon! Got Lucky?!

    We may stumble across things by accident now and again, but I would rather converse online with well informed experts such as yourselves than take my chances with a thousand novices and idiots on other Van Halen fan sites.

  10. #10
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    DLR 73 called this before any of us, so credit is due.

    Personally, i thought it was a ridiculous notion (the solo album), but there ya go.

    What will it sound like?

    Who cares?

    I WANT CLASSIC VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 25th, 2013, 02:18 AM
  2. Edward Van Halen: Guitar Frankenstrat, Kramer 5150, Ernie Ball/Music Man, Wolfgang
    By Humberto5150 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 30th, 2009, 05:56 AM
  3. Eddie Van Halen - Studio 5150 (Photos 1983 - 2009)
    By Humberto5150 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
  4. Drummer: VAN HALEN To Begin Work On New Album
    By ryanpday in forum House of Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM
  5. VAN HALEN To Record New Studio Album?
    By ryanpday in forum House of Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •