Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Wolfgang Van Halen currently at work in 5150 studio on first album!! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Band Manager
    I don't find Wolfgang the least bit compelling. Beyond filling in for Michael Anthony, so that Van Halen can perform and record, I don't expect anything of interest from him. I actually think that kid Jason Deraps (sp?) is more likely to produce something cool, in the vein of VH. I'm over the human interest story aspect of the Van Halen's, that's for women's talk shows.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I don't find Wolfgang the least bit compelling. Beyond filling in for Michael Anthony, so that Van Halen can perform and record, I don't expect anything of interest from him. I actually think that kid Jason Deraps (sp?) is more likely to produce something cool, in the vein of VH. I'm over the human interest story aspect of the Van Halen's, that's for women's talk shows.
    We have the same brain.

I swear to God, i also was going to post the exact same comment about Jason Deraps.
    If THAT was Eddie's kid, it would be hilarious, because that kid probably could write a classic
    VH album.

I don't fully trust Wolf's influences (Tremonti, Alter Bridge).

Wolf seems like a jack of all trades kinda musician, but i don't know if he's ready for a solo album.
    Browsing Youtube, there's like ten zillion virtuosos waiting in the wings.

I do think Ed might be stalling his own creative impulses, to nurture Wolfgang's.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    We have the same brain.

I swear to God, i also was going to post the exact same comment about Jason Deraps.
    If THAT was Eddie's kid, it would be hilarious, because that kid probably could write a classic
    VH album.

I don't fully trust Wolf's influences (Tremonti, Alter Bridge).

Wolf seems like a jack of all trades kinda musician, but i don't know if he's ready for a solo album.
    Browsing Youtube, there's like ten zillion virtuosos waiting in the wings.

I do think Ed might be stalling his own creative impulses, to nurture Wolfgang's.
    I think it's too much to expect much from Wolf (it's like expecting Jakob Dylan to be a brilliant songwriter), and too much to expect anything from Roth or Ed. It feels like the human interest angle is all that's left. They should both just retire to the speaking engagement circuit.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Giving Dave A Break
    Ed was talking about Mark Tremonti's 2nd album, so all your fears and conspiracy theories can be locked away.

I liked the first Tremonti album and love Alter Bridge, so i'm looking forward to it.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

No cheer******s allowed!
    Well, if this is it, if this all we have on the horizon related to VH (Tokyo Dome, Remasters, Wolf solo album by years end),
    maybe it is time to let go of the band.

Even on the Links, it's these same sorts of conversations but on a much larger scale.

I'm bored.

How bout you?

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Well, if this is it, if this all we have on the horizon related to VH (Tokyo Dome, Remasters, Wolf solo album by years end),
    maybe it is time to let go of the band.

Even on the Links, it's these same sorts of conversations but on a much larger scale.

I'm bored.

How bout you?
    Bored.

There is so much music to uncover, new, old, international...following these guys, and waiting for them to do something interesting feels like it eats up time better spent. It's not like I won't keep an eye out, but it's exhausted.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Bored.

There is so much music to uncover, new, old, international...following these guys, and waiting for them to do something interesting feels like it eats up time better spent. It's not like I won't keep an eye out, but it's exhausted.
    I'll always have the six pack at my disposal.

That version of VH has been long gone decades, when you think about it.

I just don't think it's fair for the fans to be debating the merits of Sam vs. Ed, Ed vs. Mike,
    Wolf vs. Mike, Dave vs. Ed, Dave vs. Sam, for eight more years!

What else do we have to chew on, except a bone that's been gnawed since 2001?

Meanwhile, the band goes about their lives with little interest in us.

Why do we hang around?
    Why do we hang on?

Giving Dave A Break
    I'm not of the opinion that they owe us anything, so if something happens, it's cool, if nothing happens, then i'll just keep on doing what I do. It doesn't affect me either way, unless I have to fork out for an airfare to a gig.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Band Manager
    I've actually been wondering where his music is, or if he was capable of it. I was getting the feeling he was just a bass player.

I'm assuming this is an instrumental record. Either way, I doubt us old geezers are gonna dig it but it will be interesting to hear where he's at. And I'm sure dad will lay down a riff or a solo on it as well.