Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
David Lee Roth's latest look: No Hair - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    They seemed to be obsessed with being "mysterious". In this age of everybody tweeting every stupid, mundane second of their lives, I like the band shrouded in some mystery, but they definitely overdo it, and that hurts them in the long run with the average rock fans.

I suspect their "project" will be out in the spring with a summer/fall tour to follow. I really wish they'd play in Washington state in the summer, so they could play the Gorge amphitheater again. They've never been there with Dave but that would be awesome.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

No cheer******s allowed!
    I have to admit, this stupid FB has turned me off to a lot of my faves (Cough, Nuno, cough).

My God, they are like teenaged girls, posting selfies & glam shots.
    It's like, "Okay. Let's go back to some mystery here, you are killing my image of you being an alien
    and cool."

Van Halen go WAY the other way.
    They give you nothing.
    But, at least, they still appear mythical & larger than life.

If they do tour, i just hope they are backing physical product.
    I want something tangible.

But if they do tour, minus product, you can't really fault that either.
    It means they love playing music together, and CD's don't make anyone money these days.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I have to admit, this stupid FB has turned me off to a lot of my faves (Cough, Nuno, cough).

My God, they are like teenaged girls, posting selfies & glam shots.
    It's like, "Okay. Let's go back to some mystery here, you are killing my image of you being an alien
    and cool."

Van Halen go WAY the other way.
    They give you nothing.
    But, at least, they still appear mythical & larger than life.

If they do tour, i just hope they are backing physical product.
    I want something tangible.

But if they do tour, minus product, you can't really fault that either.
    It means they love playing music together, and CD's don't make anyone money these days.
    Well Jeff over at VHND has always been spot on with everything he reports and he said the "project" is still in the works, so I believe we will be getting something.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Giving Dave A Break
    Dave looks like he's in great shape. The guy is 60, I wish I had the motivation to stay in shape like that, but alas, I enjoy my beer too much.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Well Jeff over at VHND has always been spot on with everything he reports and he said the "project" is still in the works, so I believe we will be getting something.
    I hope so, man.

Someone said they'd be on Fallon in March.
    But nothing on tap in my work computer, showing new product.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I hope so, man.

Someone said they'd be on Fallon in March.
    But nothing on tap in my work computer, showing new product.
    Yes, but I seem to remember back in November 2011, most everyone was questioning the lack of concrete evidence that VH was even going to put out a new album. I certainly remember Sum idiot on here, and a bunch on Hagar Links, who mocked the idea that it would ever happen...

Band Manager
    I really wonder, what do the Brothers think when there are these massive displays of affection, interest and RESPECT for DLR from young and old, metalheads and hipsters (really, all types of people)?

Do they think "he is nothing without us"?
    Does it breed contempt for his fans, or the general public?
    Do they think "he has all these people fooled"?

(There is no way Hags would ever generate such excitement)
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I really wonder, what do the Brothers think when there are these massive displays of affection, interest and RESPECT for DLR from young and old, metalheads and hipsters (really, all types of people)?

Do they think "he is nothing without us"?
    Does it breed contempt for his fans, or the general public?
    Do they think "he has all these people fooled"?

(There is no way Hags would ever generate such excitement)
    Eddie and Alex Van Halen appear to be SNOBS.

They see themselves as musically superior to all around them, including past and present band members, with the only exception being Wolfgang.

It's a snobbery that transcends the boundaries of musicianship and discounts all evidence to the contrary.

Also, it appears that Dave, Mike, Sammy and Gary are viewed as inherently inferior and maybe David Lee Roth has been the greatest threat to the brothers sense of superiority.

Dave might just be the biggest thorn in the side of the Van Halen's and to top it all he just won't go away.

My guess is that both Eddie and Alex are somewhat puzzled by the media interest in Dave's new look.

Most of us may agree that Eddie and Alex are musically superior, but I get a feeling that they see a correspondence between this value and their human worth.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

They see themselves as musically superior to all around them, including past and present band members, with the only exception being Wolfgang.

It's a snobbery that transcends the boundaries of musicianship and discounts all evidence to the contrary.

Also, it appears that Dave, Mike, Sammy and Gary are viewed as inherently inferior and maybe David Lee Roth has been the greatest threat to the brothers sense of superiority.

Dave might just be the biggest thorn in the side of the Van Halen's and to top it all he just won't go away.

[
    My guess is that both Eddie and Alex are somewhat puzzled by the media interest in Dave's new look.

Most of us may agree that Eddie and Alex are musically superior, but I get a feeling that they see a correspondence between this value and their human worth.
    Hahhahaha!

I won't take it quite so far, but a lot of that rings true.

I think it rankles them a bit to see how interested people are in DLR, and mystified by what people see in him. They never really "got" him. They seem to feel boxed in by both his abilities and persona. But to me, Roth has kinda established a new persona. With the right music to match, he may be able transcend just being a nostalgia act.

The world is ready for some new Van Halen.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

As usual, absolute ridiculous conjecture. So you know Ed and Al personally, do you? This site's credibility will always suffer as long as you continue to be a fucking mod...