Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
David Lee Roth's latest look: No Hair
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1

    David Lee Roth's latest look: No Hair

    This is from VHND:

    David Lee Roth Performs with Foo Fighters at “Surprise” Birthday Concert for Dave Grohl





    Breaking News: Diamond Dave in the house! David Lee Roth was one of the unannounced special guests at Saturday Night’s “surprise” concert at the Forum in Los Angeles for Foo Fighter Dave Grohl’s 46th birthday celebration.

    Diamond Dave sang “Panama” and Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” with the Foo Fighters towards the end of the show.

    Another big surprise was when David Lee took off his hat to show off his new bold look with a completely shaved head!


    http://www.vhnd.com/2015/01/11/david...or-dave-grohl/

    Obviously I hope that this is more of a fashion statement for Dave rather than a necessity due to medical treatment that he might be currently receiving.

    Although coupled with the news Unchained got from Classic Rock Magazine with a British festival promoter that he has twice got Van Halen booked only for them to pull out for 'personal reasons', I do hope that Dave being ill isn't the latest reason behind it.

  2. #2
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Hahahaha!
    Roth is fucking crazy. Now he has a full body tattoo, and a completely bald head....it's fucking bizarre.

    But he still looks cool to me!

    Maybe he can hire Angry Anderson as a security guard.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  3. #3
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Shit, man....

    I hope he is okay.

    If Dave or Ed had some medical crisis, that would explain the lack of a new project.
    I don't think he'd have any energy to sing or perform, if he was getting chemo.
    I know Vivian Campbell has been receiving on-going treatment for cancer, as has Tony Iommi.
    Just hope this is a freaky fashion statement.

    And, again, DAVE GROHL!

    Okay, after viewing all eight parts of HBO's "Sonic Highways," i'm warming up to Grohl.
    That series was fantastic!
    Dave should just retire the Foo's and be the Ken Burns of music history documentaries.
    The only sore spot was them leaving out Detroit.
    How can you do a series like that & ignore the motor city, which in many ways is the Rock
    n roll capital! (Motown, Mitch Ryder, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, etc.)

  4. #4
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Shit, man....

    I hope he is okay.

    If Dave or Ed had some medical crisis, that would explain the lack of a new project.
    I don't think he'd have any energy to sing or perform, if he was getting chemo.
    I know Vivian Campbell has been receiving on-going treatment for cancer, as has Tony Iommi.
    Just hope this is a freaky fashion statement.

    And, again, DAVE GROHL!

    Okay, after viewing all eight parts of HBO's "Sonic Highways," i'm warming up to Grohl.
    That series was fantastic!
    Dave should just retire the Foo's and be the Ken Burns of music history documentaries.
    The only sore spot was them leaving out Detroit.
    How can you do a series like that & ignore the motor city, which in many ways is the Rock
    n roll capital! (Motown, Mitch Ryder, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, etc.)

    I hadn't considered that DLR might be getting chemo...

    Yeah, the Sonic Highways was great, and I have always thought he was a good guy. I just don't like his music, and his weird ambition to "legitimize" any and all subcultures. There must be a term to describe what he is trying to do ("Grohling"?). His heart is in the right place, and maybe young kids need his proselytizing, but he is "preaching to the choir" with me, and I really don't think Rock and Roll needs Dave Grohl to save it.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  5. #5
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    I hadn't considered that DLR might be getting chemo...

    Yeah, the Sonic Highways was great, and I have always thought he was a good guy. I just don't like his music, and his weird ambition to "legitimize" any and all subcultures. There must be a term to describe what he is trying to do ("Grohling"?). His heart is in the right place, and maybe young kids need his proselytizing, but he is "preaching to the choir" with me, and I really don't think Rock and Roll needs Dave Grohl to save it.
    I remember at one point during the Los Angeles episode, you just see them in the studio, and
    their guitarist is cutting this killer solo.

    I was thinking, "Damn. I guess they can tear it up!"

    Then the camera pans upward, and it's Joe Walsh guesting on the lead.

  6. #6
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I remember at one point during the Los Angeles episode, you just see them in the studio, and
    their guitarist is cutting this killer solo.

    I was thinking, "Damn. I guess they can tear it up!"

    Then the camera pans upward, and it's Joe Walsh guesting on the lead.
    Haha!
    Yeah, they aren't terrible, just bland and mediocre.

    I haven't seen that one yet.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  7. #7
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Dave sounds fine here. The dumbfucks over at Hagar Links are ripping him to shreds. Oh well, Dave is still a badass. He looks ready for a VH tour.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  8. #8
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Dave sounds fine here. The dumbfucks over at Hagar Links are ripping him to shreds. Oh well, Dave is still a badass. He looks ready for a VH tour.
    Something HAS to be cooking with VH, or Roth would have something else going on.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  9. #9
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Something HAS to be cooking with VH, or Roth would have something else going on.
    Oh, VH is definitely going to be back out there at some point this year. I get ripped on for being too optimistic, but there is just no way they are done.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

    Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

    Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

  10. #10
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Oh, VH is definitely going to be back out there at some point this year. I get ripped on for being too optimistic, but there is just no way they are done.
    There has to be a reason why Roth hasn't just formed a new band, or done projects. Van Halen is still a thing. I just can't figure out why they don't give the fans more detailed information.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen: You Got Roth - The Ultimate David Lee Roth Story DVD
    By DLR 1973 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
  2. Has anyone MET David Lee Roth?
    By Dirty Duck in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2006, 12:52 PM
  3. David Lee Roth is M.I.A.
    By Dirty Duck in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: December 15th, 2006, 11:49 PM
  4. David Lee Roth
    By i1sum2! in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 2005, 11:14 AM
  5. David LEE Roth
    By Growl60 in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 10th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •