Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ratt: Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover Remastered! - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Yours truly, As Is
    Nothing will ever beat his tone on WACF, but I don't know how anybody can listen to Ed's guitar on the Beats Workin intro and think, "gee, this sounds like shit!"
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Nothing will ever beat his tone on WACF, but I don't know how anybody can listen to Ed's guitar on the Beats Workin intro and think, "gee, this sounds like shit!"
    Just put it on.

Forgot how huge this tune sounds. Thanks for the reminder. The breakdown jam in the middle is fantastic.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Just put it on.

Forgot how huge this tune sounds. Thanks for the reminder. The breakdown jam in the middle is fantastic.
    "Beats Workin' " is the only tune I listen to from ADKoT with any regularity. It's the tune that I think "I'll put that on" and then sometimes it leads me to the others.

The solo on that tune has some real nice moments, and while I wish it were rawer, every once in a while a note hits on the old EVH tones. It's like it breaks through the sheen that I hear on his new tone.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Just put it on.

I would love to see them play this live. Huge intro by the Brothers, great soloing by Ed, and that terrific breakdown jam I could see getting extended in a live setting. And it's got a catchy, singalong chorus, another classic signature of VH.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Giving Dave A Break
    I just gave the whole album a run, really enjoyed it, particularly She's The Woman, China Town, and from As Is onward it completely rocks through to Beat's Workin.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    I just gave the whole album a run, really enjoyed it, particularly She's The Woman, China Town, and from As Is onward it completely rocks through to Beat's Workin.
    Still love this album. Don't know how any VH fan couldn't enjoy and love the fact that 3 guys pushing 60 could still put out an intense record like this. I wish they'd play more of these tunes live.