Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ratt: Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover Remastered!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The menace is loose again

Ratt: Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover Remastered!

At long last, I found a couple of remastered Ratt albums! I stumbled upon a website called rockcandyrecords.com. It's British and their site has a decent catalog of 80's hard rock bands that the big record companies don't seem interested in having remastering projects done. My wife ordered Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover from the site for Christmas. I'm very pleased with the upgraded sound as compared to the original Atlantic CD. They don't have all the titles though - if they had Invasion of Your Privacy I'd have got that too, but alas that one is not available remastered. They've got the first three Dokken records available as well. I'm going to try "Tooth and Nail" next -- I'll bet a good remastering will make that record sound a lot better. Worth checking out!
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    At long last, I found a couple of remastered Ratt albums! I stumbled upon a website called rockcandyrecords.com. It's British and their site has a decent catalog of 80's hard rock bands that the big record companies don't seem interested in having remastering projects done. My wife ordered Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover from the site for Christmas. I'm very pleased with the upgraded sound as compared to the original Atlantic CD. They don't have all the titles though - if they had Invasion of Your Privacy I'd have got that too, but alas that one is not available remastered. They've got the first three Dokken records available as well. I'm going to try "Tooth and Nail" next -- I'll bet a good remastering will make that record sound a lot better. Worth checking out!
    Yeah, i had seen ads for these in Classic Rock magazine.

I have no idea why they left off "Invasion of your privacy," which remains my favorite Ratt record.
    It's so odd and makes little sense.

I do love "Cellar" and the criminally underated "Dancing Undercover," though.
    "Dancing" needed an upgrade, just because it sounds so small when it comes up on my iPod.
    I have to jack up the volume, then i get blasted by the next tune if it's on shuffle!

Unchained, I think it might have something to do with licensing as to why Invasion isn't available. I'll try to find out, the guy who runs the site seems to invite requests and questions. Hope you're doing well!
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Unchained, I think it might have something to do with licensing as to why Invasion isn't available. I'll try to find out, the guy who runs the site seems to invite requests and questions. Hope you're doing well!
    Really good to see you on here again.
    I still have that old school VH DVD you made for me, man!
    I miss those days, when this place was so alive with classic VH fanatics.

With the licensing thing, all those records contained the same label & producer.
    I just can't figure out why they did full length albums 1 & 3, but skipped 2.
    Had it been on another label, i could understand why.

Just a mystery, i guess.

I'm such a Demartini fanatic, but Robbin really shined on 'Invasion.'
    He took a bunch of solo's and his tone was always really good.

Good to see you are still here Unchained. Looks like there's not too many people around anymore, but that's okay -- it'll pick up a bit if VH's "mystery project" ever comes to fruition (I'm expecting it to be a live DVD of the ADKOT Tour, for what's that worth). But who knows?

I just sent an email to the guys at Rock Candy to ask why Invasion isn't available and to request they make it available. I'll let you know if I get a reply. These guys took the time and money to remaster the Krokus catalog, the Kix catalog, the Honeymoon Suite catalog and a shitload of other more obscure 70's and 80's hard rock bands, so there must be some strange reason why "Invasion" isn't on there. I would think that sales of "Invasion" would be more than the sum total of sales from the entire Krokus catalog, but that's just me. Have a great New Years!

Like Mike
    This place is dead...

I managed to see a couple of cool things over the Christmas break, though.

Attachment 44042

Attachment 44043

Attachment 44044

Attachment 44045

No cheer******s allowed!
    Nice pics, jack!

Not sure what the second one has to do with the others, though.
    Maybe just a nice xmas display.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Good to see you are still here Unchained. Looks like there's not too many people around anymore, but that's okay -- it'll pick up a bit if VH's "mystery project" ever comes to fruition (I'm expecting it to be a live DVD of the ADKOT Tour, for what's that worth). But who knows?

I just sent an email to the guys at Rock Candy to ask why Invasion isn't available and to request they make it available. I'll let you know if I get a reply. These guys took the time and money to remaster the Krokus catalog, the Kix catalog, the Honeymoon Suite catalog and a shitload of other more obscure 70's and 80's hard rock bands, so there must be some strange reason why "Invasion" isn't on there. I would think that sales of "Invasion" would be more than the sum total of sales from the entire Krokus catalog, but that's just me. Have a great New Years!
    Kix were a cool band, been around even before the hair metal explosion.
    I remember seeing videos by them on early MTV, around the time Rainbow was big with early JLT stuff.

Was reading Martin Poppoff's "Big book of hair metal," and every Don Dokken quote was a swipe
    at how awful George Lynch was as a person.

He even references Eddie Van Halen confronting Lynch at the monsters of rock tour, for not being professional
    and taking his grudges (against Don Dokken) to the big stage.

According to Dokken, Eddie was like: George, you need to respect the fans.
    I couldn't stand Roth throughout the 1984 tour, but we made it look like we were best buds on stage.
    You gotta present it right to your fans!

Anyway, seemed un-Eddie like (Do it for the fans!).
    It's Don's take, anyway.

I always thought "Tooth & Nail" had great material, but the production was not so good.
    "Lock & Key" sounded less distant, and also had good material (though, less metallic than 'Tooth & Nail.')

Dokken said, "Back for the attack was a terrible album! About three strong song's."

I always thought BFTA was a highly rated Dokken record.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Nice pics, jack!

Not sure what the second one has to do with the others, though.
    Maybe just a nice xmas display.
    Take a closer look at the wrapping paper

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Julian!

Man this place is a ghost town now...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Take a closer look at the wrapping paper

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Julian!

Man this place is a ghost town now...
    Same to you, Jack!

Hope you had a nice holiday (or Holidaze, as i call it in retail).

I think we're all dropping like flies, because Van Halen has become this annoying entity in their
    twilight years.

We hear word of a "special project," over a year ago from Roth, then nothing materializes.
    And you just know, if it does magically appear, it's gonna be eighteen months waiting for a concert
    DVD from the ADKOT tour, or something half-assed like that.

The entire band is clueless, including their PR woman.

Pre-Christmas, we get in this really cool RUSH DVD/CD box.
    Meanwhile, VH fans just get jerked around by the band and the guy running the news desk.
    Anytime we get our hopes up, he's there to counter with a loud "No," but no further information.

Just tired of the game.

Incidentally, i had been listening to a lot of classic VH, despite how annoyed with this band i've become.
    Then i threw on ADKOT, just last week.

Guess what?

It doesn't hold up.
    Sounds like a David Lee Roth solo album, with slightly better music.
    Ed's tone is long gone, Dave voice is all but shot...
    It doesn't SOUND like the VH i knew & loved.

Vintage VH or nothing, at this point.
    At least, for me.