Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Ratt: Out of the Cellar and Dancing Undercover Remastered! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Same to you, Jack!

Hope you had a nice holiday (or Holidaze, as i call it in retail).

I think we're all dropping like flies, because Van Halen has become this annoying entity in their
    twilight years.

We hear word of a "special project," over a year ago from Roth, then nothing materializes.
    And you just know, if it does magically appear, it's gonna be eighteen months waiting for a concert
    DVD from the ADKOT tour, or something half-assed like that.

The entire band is clueless, including their PR woman.

Pre-Christmas, we get in this really cool RUSH DVD/CD box.
    Meanwhile, VH fans just get jerked around by the band and the guy running the news desk.
    Anytime we get our hopes up, he's there to counter with a loud "No," but no further information.

Just tired of the game.

Incidentally, i had been listening to a lot of classic VH, despite how annoyed with this band i've become.
    Then i threw on ADKOT, just last week.

Guess what?

It doesn't hold up.
    Sounds like a David Lee Roth solo album, with slightly better music.
    Ed's tone is long gone, Dave voice is all but shot...
    It doesn't SOUND like the VH i knew & loved.

Vintage VH or nothing, at this point.
    At least, for me.
    Thank you!
    I had a wonderful break surrounded by wonderful people. Now I'm back in AZ where I got kicked out of campus residence as a Christmas present. Waiting for this semester to end so that I can transfer to a west coast school which I hope to get recruited to.

For me it's just rock and metal in general that's dropped off.
    Mastodon was my favorite band because they could innovate, but they put out a stinker.
    Gojira isn't going to put out anything we haven't heard before, and neither is Lamb of God.

The only rock related project that got my hyped was the new Slipknot album fer christ sake's, and that's because it brought back a bunch of nostalgia and got me back into listening to the music that captivated me as a 14 year old.
    And that album didn't hold up, either.

Old bands that put out new albums are interesting... The new albums rock to begin with, but after the initial magic, it never comes back.
    It happened with Metallica, Black Sabbath and Van Halen.
    New Anthrax album this year? Same thing is going to happen.
    New Van Halen? New Metallica?
    And then the new bands aren't making anything new, either.

To be honest, I spend most of my time now listening to hip hop classics I haven't heard, or new underground artists.
    There's a new golden age in hip hop happening right now with the tremendous beast coast scene and a handful of west coast artists.

I'm sure rock and metal will have its revival, but for now it's dormant.
    I'm not sure if a vintage box set would even get me hyped at this point.
    I'm into different things now... Who am I kidding? My pants would explode. But would it be the same as if they put one out a few years ago?
    Probably not.

I have little to no interest in a new album.
    I have zero interest in a dvd of a "modern" tour.

And I know I'm not becoming a grouch by not being into new releases by my favourite bands, because my mind is more open than ever when it comes to music.

It's sad.

Like Mike
    I cannot see my reply at all

The menace is loose again

Invasion

The guy from Rock Candy emailed me back. Says Invasion remastered will be released later this year! Something to look forward to.

Unchained, nothing VH does from here on out will ever touch the vintage stuff. I liked the ADKOT songs, but Ed's tone isn't as cool as it once was and the production sucks. All instruments at the maximum volume level and barely recognizable stereo separation. That said, it's still worth a listen every once in a while. They sounded great on the tour too, so getting back together and touring was nothing but a positive, for me anyway. I'll take what I can get.

Was looking more on the Rock Candy site, they've got the first Fastway record remastered too. That's the next one I'm going to get.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Only a little tardy
    Holidays, semester, and just bored of VH politics has left this place with tumbleweed and less posts than a ghetto fence. I can't honestly blame anyone, and with nothing spectacular going on we have nothing to bring us together. It doesn't even have to be from the VH camp, it could have been Kramerboy coming in with news of vintage stuff appearing from the woodwork, could have been new interviews. I don't know anymore. I lurk on here more than I post nowadays, I have almost nothing to add to the dwindling discussions that occasionally appear. I could take Van Halen all day, but now, what do we talk about? Almost 10 years I've been on this board, the longest I've been on any forum, and the only VH one I'm apart of. I think we've talked about everything from the classic era, and even from the other eras. Those days of having a Van Hagar section had its perks. How long can we keep discussing Fair Warning or comparing the two main eras of VH? Unless, something new pops up or we talk about something a bit more technical songwise, it gets old.

On the topic of bands like Metallica, Mastodon, Anthrax bringing disappointment: It sucks. Fortunately, for every of those releases I have dozens of others to listen to. In some ways, I don't need them to release anymore music as I have their old ones to enjoy and other bands to listen to. If they release a great/good album - awesome! More to listen to. If not, meh, other bands fill the void. It's just how it goes. When I want to hear a new thrash release I don't look to the Big Four anymore for that, there's plenty from newer bands to listen to. Same for Doom, Stoner, Power, Death, Heavy, etc. Hell, even hard rock bands I've got some releases that "replace" the old bands releases. Some of the old guard have put out some great music in the past couple years, others not so much. It's sad but it is what it is. I'm actually okay with ADKOT being their last album if that is to be, I still enjoy it. It has a sound that I enjoy from it. Maybe it's not classic Van Halen era sounds, but I dig it nonetheless.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

No cheer******s allowed!
    I agree that we have pretty much covered all topics (and then some), in regards to classic Van Halen
    and modern day Van Halen (what's left of it).

We've had the same debates over & over, and the Hagar thing is now so far in the rear view, what's even
    the point of revisiting it?
    It sucked then, it sounds even more dated today.

ADKOT, though solid for it was, just sounds like a different band.

If you listen to as much of the six pack as i do, ADKOT is coming from a much different place.
    Classic VH just had THAT sound, that spontaneous flow.
    And here i am revisiting a topic we dissected three years ago....

Regardless, i'll always listen to the six albums & the corresponding bootlegs i have on hand.

I find it annoying that Roth mentions a "special project," then nothing happens.
    I find it annoying that the band doesn't care to let us know what is or isn't happening.
    I'm tired of trying to figure out all the clues amidst the cryptic pics of tape reel and silence.
    They just don't give a fuck.

If they do a nostalgia tour this year, they might as well be Eddie Money or Sammy Hagar.

It's just not fun anymore.

On a positive note, i love music as much as i ever have.
    And i have more interesting things than ever to listen to.

So i'm just gonna live in the past & soak up an era when this stuff was done for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I agree that we have pretty much covered all topics (and then some), in regards to classic Van Halen
    and modern day Van Halen (what's left of it).

We've had the same debates over & over, and the Hagar thing is now so far in the rear view, what's even
    the point of revisiting it?
    It sucked then, it sounds even more dated today.

ADKOT, though solid for it was, just sounds like a different band.

If you listen to as much of the six pack as i do, ADKOT is coming from a much different place.
    Classic VH just had THAT sound, that spontaneous flow.
    And here i am revisiting a topic we dissected three years ago....

Regardless, i'll always listen to the six albums & the corresponding bootlegs i have on hand.

I find it annoying that Roth mentions a "special project," then nothing happens.
    I find it annoying that the band doesn't care to let us know what is or isn't happening.
    I'm tired of trying to figure out all the clues amidst the cryptic pics of tape reel and silence.
    They just don't give a fuck.

If they do a nostalgia tour this year, they might as well be Eddie Money or Sammy Hagar.

It's just not fun anymore.

On a positive note, i love music as much as i ever have.
    And i have more interesting things than ever to listen to.

So i'm just gonna live in the past & soak up an era when this stuff was done for the right reasons.

I don't post often (no shit, right?), but this post hits the nail on the head for me. I love Van Halen, and I listen to them everyday. But the bands lack of communication (since Ratt is the subject of this thread) is beyond criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by ed head View Post
    I don't post often (no shit, right?), but this post hits the nail on the head for me. I love Van Halen, and I listen to them everyday. But the bands lack of communication (since Ratt is the subject of this thread) is beyond criminal.
    Unchained's post hit the nail on the head for me too.

I must say that I also agree with the comments from Jack, Nick and Brian.

I get the impression that Roth must be tearing his hair out with frustration over Van Halen's lack of progress.

Surely Dave wouldn't have announced a 'special project' last year if he knew that after 9 months later there still is no sign of it.

Van Halen are starting to make Dave look bad or at least unreliable.

Regarding Ratt, I bought Out of the Cellar when it was first released, and I still listen to it. Maybe they would make a good opening act for a Van Halen tour.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    Unchained's post hit the nail on the head for me too.

I must say that I also agree with the comments from Jack, Nick and Brian.

I get the impression that Roth must be tearing his hair out with frustration over Van Halen's lack of progress.

Surely Dave wouldn't have announced a 'special project' last year if he knew that after 9 months later there still is no sign of it.

Van Halen are starting to make Dave look bad or at least unreliable.

Regarding Ratt, I bought Out of the Cellar when it was first released, and I still listen to it. Maybe they would make a good opening act for a Van Halen tour.
    Speaking of unreliable, Classic Rock magazine spoke with the guy that does all the major bookings
    for those huge festivals in the U.K.

He mentioned that Van Halen (with Roth) was his all time favorite band, and he booked them twice.
    Both times they agreed, then cancelled, due to personal reasons.

These guys have not been professionals for a long time, now.

Fans, promoters, booking agents, FANS....

They don't give a fuck, apparently.

Yours truly, As Is
    As has been stated, there's only so many discussions about Oakland '81 that can be made, and when people say they have "little to zero interest" in anything new the band might do, then it leaves little to zero interest for most people to bother coming here to have a conversation.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Band Manager
    Meh, I'm not worried. I'm sure it's slowed down on all VH related sites (except the ones concerned with duplicating "The Brown Sound". That will never run dry).

The band hasn't done anything in a while, and we are all tired of the false alarms. But sometime soon there will be the "Van Halen Rising" book to get things going, and eventually some kind of release from the band.

I have already written a book's worth of posts here, and there is nothing more to say, at least until something new or uncovered, that sheds some new light on the band's history comes out. But I always check in...
    Last edited by 1234over; January 7th, 2015 at 01:52 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.