Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!! - Page 6
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    Perfect post. All these supposed fans sound like selfish little children, not happy because the band isn't doing what they want. If they bring out something live, I'll buy it, I'll probably only watch it a handful of times, but I'll listen to it a hell of a lot. I'll still unwind after a weeks work by slinging a guitar over my shoulder, having a few beers and playing along to some VH tunes.
    Yeah I don't get it. If the band really makes you that unhappy and petulant then, guess what? Nobody is forcing you to be a fan! The band doesn't owe us anything. They put out a product, put on live shows, and we can choose to buy into it or not. Seems as if some of these "fans" would really be happier if the band did absolutely nothing and retired for real. Of course, I believe with some of the douchebags out there, there is really a deep seeded resentment that Sam and Mike are still out of the band.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Only a little tardy
    Well, I look forward to it. Maybe it'll be the Charlotte show I went to LOL. It might lead to an album in the future, who knows. Apparently Wolf is doing stuff with Tremonti, but DLR is doing more solo stuff as well.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

I have to be totally honest here, if Van Halen bring out a live DVD of any of their 2007/8 shows, then I'm done with them.

They can't be bothered to tour Europe and visit the UK but they want me to buy a live DVD of a recent North American tour.

No way!

I can watch so many of the shows on Youtube. Ok they are not pro-shot, but I do get to see the show from the fans perspective, as if I'm actually there in the audience.

This doesn't mean that I will stop playing the 6 pack or ADKOT, or have fond memories of the band or their music. That will always be there.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    I have to be totally honest here, if Van Halen bring out a live DVD of any of their 2007/8 shows, then I'm done with them.

They can't be bothered to tour Europe and visit the UK but they want me to buy a live DVD of a recent North American tour.

No way!

I can watch so many of the shows on Youtube. Ok they are not pro-shot, but I do get to see the show from the fans perspective, as if I'm actually there in the audience.

This doesn't mean that I will stop playing the 6 pack or ADKOT, or have fond memories of the band or their music. That will always be there.
    Good for you. Maybe then your lame ass will quit being a mod here then too...one can only hope and dream for that day.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Apparently, from what I have read at Roth Army this 2007/8 Live DVD is not now going ahead.

And Roth has been working the Van Halen's throughout this last year on something completely different.

It's not a new music, which leads me to believe it may be an albums worth of old tracks that they were working on with Dave and Mike circa 2000.

Band Manager
    Apparently, from what I have read at Roth Army this 2007/8 Live DVD is not now going ahead.

And Roth has been working the Van Halen's throughout this last year on something completely different.

It's not a new music, which leads me to believe it may be an albums worth of old tracks that they were working on with Dave and Mike circa 2000.
    Yeah, there's no way this "new project" was ever about releasing '07 stuff. Or 2012 stuff, for that matter. Things like that have to be released shortly after the tour is over. You don't wait 2 to 6 years later then release them. After that amount of time has passed you're better off just releasing something from the old days.

If it's not new music they're working on (which apparently they're not) then I have to conclude they're working on cleaning up old material and footage for a box set, or releasing an old show in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    Yeah, there's no way this "new project" was ever about releasing '07 stuff. Or 2012 stuff, for that matter. Things like that have to be released shortly after the tour is over. You don't wait 2 to 6 years later then release them. After that amount of time has passed you're better off just releasing something from the old days.

If it's not new music they're working on (which apparently they're not) then I have to conclude they're working on cleaning up old material and footage for a box set, or releasing an old show in it's entirety.
    I sense from the daily activity over at VHND that we are already on some sort of countdown to a release of New Van Halen material.

It is typical of Van Halen that they and only a chosen few are currently aware of this fact.

I expect that some sort of announcement will be made in the last days of 2014 which is similar to how they handled ADKOT.

Without realizing it we could be less than 60 days from Van Halen's next major release.

You may be right on the money with a box set or an old show.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm officially resigning from the Van Halen fan club.

From the fan forums to the actual "invisible" band, it's just not a pleasant experience anymore.
    We get our hopes up, someone shoots them down, band says/does nothing. Repeat.
    What is the point of any of this, anymore?
    I should have let this thing fade after i turned sixteen, like most normal people.

If VH want to hobble away into the sunset, playing rad new ideas in their living room like the
    fucking Partridge family, so be it.

It ain't for me.
    Unchained this site needs you back!!

We appear to be on some sort of countdown to a new release and you are our man on the frontline within the record industry and it's retail/marketing operations.

I do wonder if the record business is becoming a niche market and Van Halen have made the decision that a new record is no longer commercially viable?

Only a little tardy
    I honestly think it's going to be a box set of remastered 6 pack. We'll be extremely lucky if there are any "bonus tracks" or extra content to go with it. The more I think about it, I'm almost certain that's why Eddie was visiting that studio. Not for recording or a live show, but for remastering purposes. I don't know if I'll buy that, literally I mean. I already own the six pack on two mediums: CD and vinyl, so why would I need another set unless it comes with some fantastic unreleased material or polished demo tracks. If not, I'm not sure if I'll bother buying them, even if the mix will be different with louder bass and better production on drums.

Only a little tardy

I do wonder if the record business is becoming a niche market and Van Halen have made the decision that a new record is no longer commercially viable?
    In a way, yes, but in some cases no. They obviously make a LOT of money touring but I do think they love to create new music, however slow they are at it. ADKOT sold really well when it came out, so I don't think another album is out of the ballpark quite yet in the future of Van Halen.

I think they're trying other avenues, but this whole "mystery thing" is so outdated it's not even amusing anymore. People are spoiled with information now, and I think the reason the VH camp is always quite is because they have a muzzle and lawyer at the ready. I know the "We won't say anything until it's happening" is part of their schtick but it is 2014, people will lose interest in what happens. Even diehards grow old of it. I'm barely keeping on as it is. It's hard to be interested when I don't know anything at all about it. Give us a tidbit, a iota of information, a small clue, and diehards will have something to grab on to.

As of late, I've had other bands and albums that have been keeping my attention. The only focus I have had with Van Halen is digging back in to the classic era for interviews, pics, bootlegs, etc.