Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!! - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    But Wolfie pretty much is full time with Tremonti now.
    Mark Tremonti isn't even full time in Tremonti. I hardly think it's going to take up an incredible amount of Wolf's time.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Giving Dave A Break
    Looks like the new project is a live DVD, most likely from 2008 @ MSG
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by CalFB View Post
    Looks like the new project is a live DVD, most likely from 2008 @ MSG
    Countdown til all the usual suspects shit all over the band...
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    VH has long been a soap opera. Fans can't let the drama frustrate them, although it is sometimes easier said than done.
    I agree they've been moving at a snails pace since the late '90's. Frustrating at times, but more or less it's the VH we know for many years. I only wish they'd release a true archive DVD from 78-84.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm officially resigning from the Van Halen fan club.

From the fan forums to the actual "invisible" band, it's just not a pleasant experience anymore.
    We get our hopes up, someone shoots them down, band says/does nothing. Repeat.
    What is the point of any of this, anymore?
    I should have let this thing fade after i turned sixteen, like most normal people.

If VH want to hobble away into the sunset, playing rad new ideas in their living room like the
    fucking Partridge family, so be it.

It ain't for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post

This is a sad day.

And to top it all, after many years of suffering the disappointment of being a Van Halen fan, this final let down is too much for unchained, who has now thrown in the towel.
    Yes, the saddest part of this VH drama is that UG has given up on it all.

Yours truly, As Is
    Even though I'm supposed to think VH sucks now, it will be cool to finally have an official DVD with Dave, and I hope there is a live cd to go with it. But I wish they would've filmed one of the Osaka shows or the Tokyo show...

Yours truly, As Is
    And...predictably, the dumbfucks over at the Hagar Links are tripping all over themselves shitting on the band over an unconfirmed live DVD. Supposed "hardcore fans" lmfao. More and more, all these "fan" forums, even here, are a joke. It seems all people care about is hating on the band and stating how shitty they are, doing nothing but poisoning the forums for people who actually still like the band. Ahh fuck it.

Roadie
    And...predictably, the dumbfucks over at the Hagar Links are tripping all over themselves shitting on the band over an unconfirmed live DVD. Supposed "hardcore fans" lmfao. More and more, all these "fan" forums, even here, are a joke. It seems all people care about is hating on the band and stating how shitty they are, doing nothing but poisoning the forums for people who actually still like the band. Ahh fuck it.
    ahh JD don't let a couple bad apples get ya down.. ha.

I guess you can't please everyone all the time. Live DVD is a great thing (I only wish it would be a proper DVD 78-84, but that was an extreme long shot). YouTube has killed this type of thing, as well as going to live shows I'm sure. Some people think they've seen it (audience recording) on Youtube so what the fuck. I thought that would be younger fans and bands though. So now you have fans pissing on the idea of a live DVD....because they can watch it for free (and illegally) on Youtube.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by thismusicsux View Post
    ahh JD don't let a couple bad apples get ya down.. ha.

I guess you can't please everyone all the time. Live DVD is a great thing (I only wish it would be a proper DVD 78-84, but that was an extreme long shot). YouTube has killed this type of thing, as well as going to live shows I'm sure. Some people think they've seen it (audience recording) on Youtube so what the fuck. I thought that would be younger fans and bands though. So now you have fans pissing on the idea of a live DVD....because they can watch it for free (and illegally) on Youtube.
    Yeah, I've just been sick of reading all the fans, both here and the Links, with nothing better to do than shit all over Ed. Fuck em. If I were Ed or Al and I read half the stupid shit that gets posted, I'd be content with spending my twilight years up at 5150 just jamming with my brother.

For years people bitched that the band never put out a DVD with Dave. Now it appears they may be doing that, and they still bitch. And there is not ONE fucking audience shot YouTube video that will, visually or sonically, compare even closely to an official release.

Like Mike
    What's the source of the 08 dvd?

Man, that would be such a let down.

Giving Dave A Break
    Yeah, I've just been sick of reading all the fans, both here and the Links, with nothing better to do than shit all over Ed. Fuck em. If I were Ed or Al and I read half the stupid shit that gets posted, I'd be content with spending my twilight years up at 5150 just jamming with my brother.

For years people bitched that the band never put out a DVD with Dave. Now it appears they may be doing that, and they still bitch. And there is not ONE fucking audience shot YouTube video that will, visually or sonically, compare even closely to an official release.
    Perfect post. All these supposed fans sound like selfish little children, not happy because the band isn't doing what they want. If they bring out something live, I'll buy it, I'll probably only watch it a handful of times, but I'll listen to it a hell of a lot. I'll still unwind after a weeks work by slinging a guitar over my shoulder, having a few beers and playing along to some VH tunes.
    "Iíve got a white Kramer Pacer, and that just goes with every outfit. Thatíll go with my purple spandex, my zebra spandex, everything. And Iíve got a lot of spandex, so itís good to have a versatile guitar thatíll go with your spandex.". - Satchel