Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!! - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    The bottom line is that nobody knows.

Judging by Van Halen's lack of communication with it's fans, their complete disregard of any sort of internet presence or updated
    web page, leads me to believe it's highly unlikely they will report to melodicrock or VHnewsdesk in regards to what they are doing.

Dave spoke of a special project a year ago, none of these sources know anything about it.
    If they confess to have no idea of any project, how would they be able to verify there will be no new album?

We just spin our wheels & kinda go in circles on the internet.
    It's all speculation, especially when it comes to VH.

Another thing is that i'm sure Wolf would already be involved with another band/project, full time, if VH
    was on recording/touring hiatus.

Something is up, imo.
    There is likely something happening, or EVH probably wouldn't be hanging out at a mastering studio.

I just hope it isn't something like a live DVD from the ADKoT tour, or some such nonsense. That would really suck.

Whenever I see "imo" in a post, I shudder.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

? ? ? ?
    Here's the VHND story back on December 1st 2013 about DLR's interview with Jim Florentine on the making of new music. They do say that the story is 3 months old at the time they posted the story and they also tiptoe around the story with clever words that would suggest the band was working in the studio on new material based on what DLR said in the interview. The VHND IMO has done what they thought was the right thing to do or they were told by Interscope and or the VH camp on what to report. The latest news is somewhat depressing but it is what it is. I for one still maintain hope that a new album will be released and also the release of unforeseen videos of VH in there hay days

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/12/01/new-v...-tour-in-2015/

Sorry for the IMO 1234
    Last edited by MrSmooth67; November 10th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmooth67 View Post
    Here's the VHND story back on December 1st 2013 about DLR's interview with Jim Florentine on the making of new music. They do say that the story is 3 months old at the time they posted the story and they also tiptoe around the story with clever words that would suggest the band was working in the studio on new material based on what DLR said in the interview. The VHND IMO has done what they thought was the right thing to do or they were told by Interscope and or the VH camp on what to report. The latest news is somewhat depressing but it is what it is. I for one still maintain hope that a new album will be released and also the release of unforeseen videos of VH in there hay days

http://www.vhnd.com/2013/12/01/new-v...-tour-in-2015/

Sorry for the IMO 1234
    haha, you do know why the "IMO" makes me shudder, right?

I just don't understand why EVH can't say "We are working on a new record", or whatever it is that's going on. What is the big fucking deal?

The problem with what Roth says in that piece is that it's so vague. Yeah, the brothers play music at Ed's house...yeah, Roth writes lyrics all the time...
    Roth seems to try to get things in motion by telling the media what he hopes will happen, is actually happening. Maybe that worked when he was the boss, but now it's way less effective, and might even have the opposite effect because EVH might (ha) resent his methods.

I don't know how to interpret anything from these guys anymore.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

? ? ? ?
    1234 your spot on when you say VAGUE about Roth stating that music being played at Ed's place lyrics being written by Dave it's the illusion Dave puts out there. And when I said VHND tiptoe'd around the story is problably for the very same reason.
    Why behave in public if your living on a playground?

No cheer******s allowed!
    I'm officially resigning from the Van Halen fan club.

From the fan forums to the actual "invisible" band, it's just not a pleasant experience anymore.
    We get our hopes up, someone shoots them down, band says/does nothing. Repeat.
    What is the point of any of this, anymore?
    I should have let this thing fade after i turned sixteen, like most normal people.

If VH want to hobble away into the sunset, playing rad new ideas in their living room like the
    fucking Partridge family, so be it.

It ain't for me.

I'm officially resigning from the Van Halen fan club.

From the fan forums to the actual "invisible" band, it's just not a pleasant experience anymore.
    We get our hopes up, someone shoots them down, band says/does nothing. Repeat.
    What is the point of any of this, anymore?
    I should have let this thing fade after i turned sixteen, like most normal people.

If VH want to hobble away into the sunset, playing rad new ideas in their living room like the
    fucking Partridge family, so be it.

It ain't for me.
    This is a sad day.

I must say as a lifelong Van Halen fan, I do feel cheated by the band.

Whatever David Lee Roth said in interviews and on his Roth Show, I don't hold him responsible.

Dave has recorded new music with John 5.

Even Wolfgang is out making new music with Tremonti.

Mike and Sammy are continually recording a releasing new music.

The two 'dunderheads' I hold totally responsible for the complete farce that Van Halen has now become is Edward and Alex Van Halen.

And to top it all, after many years of suffering the disappointment of being a Van Halen fan, this final let down is too much for unchained, who has now thrown in the towel.

Yours truly, As Is
    The hyperbole that gets bandied about by VH fans on the internet is amusing. People need to relax. As they have done for a LONG time, when they are ready to announce something, the BAND will do it.

VH has long been a soap opera. Fans can't let the drama frustrate them, although it is sometimes easier said than done.

And as much as some "fans"(not here, mainly at the Van Hagar Links) like to continually shit all over the Brothers, particularly about their precious Spammy and Mikey, why bother with giving people second by second updates?
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

Roadie
    Doesn't Dave prescribe to the "always leave em wanting more" type of entertainment?

Unfortunately I believe Ed and Al prescribe to the Howard Hughes mentality of holing up to hide away from the real world. On one hand I applaud the brothers for not completely whoring out the VH brand completely like Kiss, on the other…what the freak.

I peek in here every once in a while and was very excited to read a new post about a possible new album for 2015. I love ADKOT. I think it's fantastic. But what I really want for Christmas is a brand-new, shiny, original album by Ed, Al, Wolfgang and Dave. I want to hear that. I want to experience that. At least once. I would think that Ed would be falling over himself to do that with his son, right??? Unless Wolfgang stinks as a collaborator?

Like Mike
    The bottom line is that nobody knows.

Judging by Van Halen's lack of communication with it's fans, their complete disregard of any sort of internet presence or updated
    web page, leads me to believe it's highly unlikely they will report to melodicrock or VHnewsdesk in regards to what they are doing.

Dave spoke of a special project a year ago, none of these sources know anything about it.
    If they confess to have no idea of any project, how would they be able to verify there will be no new album?

We just spin our wheels & kinda go in circles on the internet.
    It's all speculation, especially when it comes to VH.

Another thing is that i'm sure Wolf would already be involved with another band/project, full time, if VH
    was on recording/touring hiatus.

Something is up, imo.
    But Wolfie pretty much is full time with Tremonti now.

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    There is likely something happening, or EVH probably wouldn't be hanging out at a mastering studio.

I just hope it isn't something like a live DVD from the ADKoT tour, or some such nonsense. That would really suck.

Whenever I see "imo" in a post, I shudder.
    Shades of Robbie.

And that would indeed suck.