Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
New album in 2015?!!! or RIP Van Halen?!!! or Countdown to New Material?!! - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen Store View Post
    Hi Guys. Like I said in the VHND in the article, and like I've been saying on VH Links for about a year now, ALL of the rumors about VH working on a "new album" are unsubstantiated. They were never recording a new album, or ANY new music.

    I guarantee you that this info is correct. I know that this is really bad news, and therefore not everyone will believe me, but I'm just telling you that it's the truth.
    Any clues on what the secret project is or when we can expect some news on it?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Any clues on what the secret project is or when we can expect some news on it?
    Sorry to say not yet.

  3. #23
    Only a little tardy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,479
    We appreciate the updates, Jeff.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

  4. #24
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    So there's definitely no new album coming & no information on any special projects.

    Then WTF was Dave running his mouth about a year ago?

    If you are enough in the know, to confirm there is no new album, wouldn't you also
    be privy to the supposed special project or have a vague idea about it?

    Melodickrock says they are right & they have a track record that has been on target.
    VHnewsdesk disputes this and says they are right.

    The internet can really be a curse, sometimes.

  5. #25
    Like Mike
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,338
    Melodickrock has never been right when it comes to Van Halen.

  6. #26
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen Store View Post
    Hi Guys. Like I said in the VHND in the article, and like I've been saying on VH Links for about a year now, ALL of the rumors about VH working on a "new album" are unsubstantiated. They were never recording a new album, or ANY new music.

    I guarantee you that this info is correct. I know that this is really bad news, and therefore not everyone will believe me, but I'm just telling you that it's the truth.
    Oh, I believe ya Jeff. And I know it sucks being the messenger ( in this case). We're definitely appreciative of all that you do, Jeff. I, for one, am very happy you ended this "new record" nonsense. We've been led along for a year now, glad to get back to reality. No matter how painful it is.

    That's kinda what I was getting at with my post. We've heard people like, Tremonti, Dave...and others elude to a new record, over the past year. Nothing proven, like you said, but it woulda been nice if someone in the camp cared enough to let us know it was false.

  7. #27
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    So there's definitely no new album coming & no information on any special projects.

    Then WTF was Dave running his mouth about a year ago?

    If you are enough in the know, to confirm there is no new album, wouldn't you also
    be privy to the supposed special project or have a vague idea about it?

    Melodickrock says they are right & they have a track record that has been on target.
    VHnewsdesk disputes this and says they are right.

    The internet can really be a curse, sometimes.

    Very painful.
    I suppose we are partly to blame for believing unsubstantiated comments, but damn! Dave's going on about this, Tremonti saying this...etc, it just seemed the time was right and something was happening.

    It's really always been this way with VH, but my "fandom" got in the way. I thought there was chance that them being sixty years old, now, might change the game a bit.
    My hopes are back to what they were fifteen years ago. I'm happy they "might" be releasing something from the vault, that's a miracle in itself, if true, but I'm ready for it being a letdown.

  8. #28
    Band Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,078
    I can't make any sense of this band...

    If they haven't been working on "new" recordings by now, it's seems pretty likely that aspect of their career is over. Maybe it's strictly a nostalgia trip from here on out?
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.


  9. #29
    No new music!!

    If this special project turns out to be a remix of Jump, I will go out in to the street and burn my original Van Halen 1984 tour t-shirt in protest.

  10. #30
    No cheer******s allowed!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    28,415
    Quote Originally Posted by DLR 1973 View Post
    No new music!!

    If this special project turns out to be a remix of Jump, I will go out in to the street and burn my original Van Halen 1984 tour t-shirt in protest.
    The bottom line is that nobody knows.

    Judging by Van Halen's lack of communication with it's fans, their complete disregard of any sort of internet presence or updated
    web page, leads me to believe it's highly unlikely they will report to melodicrock or VHnewsdesk in regards to what they are doing.

    Dave spoke of a special project a year ago, none of these sources know anything about it.
    If they confess to have no idea of any project, how would they be able to verify there will be no new album?

    We just spin our wheels & kinda go in circles on the internet.
    It's all speculation, especially when it comes to VH.

    Another thing is that i'm sure Wolf would already be involved with another band/project, full time, if VH
    was on recording/touring hiatus.

    Something is up, imo.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: March 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM
  2. Official July 4th VHsingle release countdown......
    By Achilleslastand in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: July 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
  3. Van Halen Plans New Material
    By VH Freak in forum News
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: May 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
  4. The countdown!
    By EVH_Erupted in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: September 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
  5. We Have New Halen Material!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By The Ice Cream Man in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: September 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •